Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 7th November 2008, 13:27   #1
BHPian

Default Revive my RX to Stock Condition

Ever since i started using my car, i have actually been ignoring my rx and it has gone from good to bad to worse condition now.i actually feel guilty seeing my rx which has been with me on all my good times and has always ran out of petrol in a close proximity of petrol station.
though rx has never let me down, i have actually let it down and thought it is high time for me to give it the right respect

I would like some inputs from bhp'ns, it was basically in a stock condition tuned for performance and would like to revive to stock condition back.

1. Where can we have nickel/chorme plating done in chennai, this is for the rims and spokes, due to my weight i used to put bullet spokes for the rear wheel, can we continue the same. what would be the cost of alloys, will it look good for rx
2.suggest a good electrician to work on the wiring
3. earlier used to give for servicing at shri motors but now they are not good, any other good mechanic around kodamabkkam area who would be able to do one round of complete servicing
4. also planning to have paiting also done, suggestions required here also

i covered the basic stuff's i guess, please let me know what else needs to be done.
ikoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 13:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

If you want to keep it stock then don't even think about alloys. In my personal opinion stick to the original wheels. They will look better.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 13:37   #3
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, for the queries you have asked I guess the Chennai guys will be the best to answer them.

If you could post some pics of your bike, we would be able to help you as to what would be required to get the bike back to a stock / original condition.

The below threads on the RX-100 would be of great help to you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...on-thread.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...read-pics.html (The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics))

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-memories.html (YetiBlog® - Yamaha RX100 memories)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-rx-135-a.html (Living with my dream my RX 135)
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 14:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Ok, for the queries you have asked I guess the Chennai guys will be the best to answer them.

If you could post some pics of your bike, we would be able to help you as to what would be required to get the bike back to a stock / original condition.
thanks v12, shall try and take the pictures over the weekend and shall post them. i have not been using it for sometime, the front mud guard and rims, spokes have all rusted, battery and wiring in a mess.

need to work on it and bring it back to shape.
ikoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 16:38   #5
BHPian

@ikoneer

I too feel guilty of ignoring my KB125 since the past 1-2 years. Your post gives me inspiration to bring back my KB back to stock condition. Please keep us posted with pics
onesomeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2008, 00:52   #6
BHPian

Guys here is a teaser of my beauty after I felt guilty of neglecting her & gave her a full pampering treatment about 1.5 years back.

cheers:
Attached Thumbnails
Revive my RX to Stock Condition-100508_1426copy.jpg  

Revive my RX to Stock Condition-120508_1449copy.jpg  

Revive my RX to Stock Condition-120508_1451copy.jpg  

Revive my RX to Stock Condition-120508_1453copy.jpg  

YamahaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 20:41   #7
BHPian

HI instead of repairing the electrical s change the whole wiring set & it may cost around 450 approx & would be reliable without any mess for a long time.
sreerama is offline   Reply With Quote