Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 26th July 2011, 15:34   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Whoa LML? Whither LML?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva33 View Post
If LML Scooters are available in NCR, I am interested in buying one but how to find a dealer in Ghaziabad/Noida or Delhi. LML don't have an website :(
You can try buying new LML from "Bulland Atutomobiles - LML Bike Dealer" @ Showroom Address : Devli Road, Khanpura, Delhi.

About Bulland Atutomobiles :
Bulland Atutomobiles is a leading dealer of LML bikes in Khanpura region of Delhi - NCR. Bulland Atutomobiles deals in all models of LML Bikes including LML NV, LML Select, etc. Bulland Atutomobiles also performs after sales services of LML bikes.

Here is the website link for complete address of the dealers

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ither-lml.html (Whoa LML? Whither LML?)
LongDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 10:45   #107
Senior - BHPian

Here is my Italian themed Supremo after a fresh restore.The scooter rocks with Self start and Speed control sensor.
Attached Thumbnails
Whoa LML? Whither LML?-1.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-2.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-3.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-4.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-5.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-6.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-7.jpg  

hillram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 10:54   #108
Senior - BHPian

There will be world class scooter for Indian market from Piaggio in coming year and i am sure that Japanese scooter will run behind to save the face.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 11:11   #109
BHPian

I just got the new LML 4 stroke scooter from the dealership in Gurgaon. Excellent machine!
Arihant.EXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 11:54   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arihant.EXE View Post
I just got the new LML 4 stroke scooter from the dealership in Gurgaon. Excellent machine!
Congratulations and where are the pictures friend, we are eager to see the scooter, please share the experience.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 19:33   #111
BHPian

^ The pictures will be here in a day or two. I tried to shoot the pictures but they are coming to be horrible because of light.

About the Scooter, I got it from Mangla Enterprise on Old Delhi Road in Gurgaon. Along with some accessories, it cost me Rs. 53,560 on the road. This particular model has clear , rectangle shaped headlight, clear indicator glasses and a grey-black finish all over! The branding is done very subtly. This particular model is 'Select 4' and the logo is at the side flaps(?) , the front on the left hand side and in the center of the front panel.

The engine has something they call F.A.S.T (Flexible Air Suction Technology) and has the labels on the right side flap (??) and on the front left.

Let me know if any specific information is needed. Will be delighted to help!

Edit: Here goes a stupid picture. Take it as a teaser?
Attached Images

Last edited by Arihant.EXE : 13th August 2011 at 19:41.
Old 14th August 2011, 18:48   #112
Senior - BHPian

Wow! this one snap is tempting me to have one and I am sure will have one for me.

I wish to know how many variants are available, is NV still available now? I heard the two stroke option is also available, what are the special features compared to the older generation. How about the performance I'm sure you must have still not explored through but anxious to know. I am excited that my dream machine is back.

One request Arihant please remove those dome covers as they tend to seal water and moisture inside and which in turn will rust the domes, the ONLY and ONLY benefit of them is that they do not allow scratches when kids board the scooter other wise they are of no use and they spoil the looks of the scooter, congratulations once again and eager to see more pictures when the lighting is good. Nice color choice.
Old 16th August 2011, 23:17   #113
BHPian

^ NV is available, 2 stroke is available, 2 stroke NV is available. Electric-start Select is available too.

About the Dome covers, well the dealer gave them complimentary and that's the reason they are there. They are of some low quality material so I'll get rid of them very soon. This scooter packs a lot of power and has great deal of acceleration so I'm really happy with it.

About the special features, I didn't get much time to explore but IMHO the new generation is exactly the same as the old generation. At least the NV 2 Stroke.

I'll shoot some good pictures as soon as I get time. I come home from office late in the evening and shooting pictures in night time, even with a DSLR, is a PITA.
Old 7th December 2011, 22:56   #114
Senior - BHPian

Default Welcoming a STAR

LML Star was the lone model missing in my LML Series.
I recently acquired a pristinly done up LML Star from a very good friend,Bala.
Though it had small issues,I decided to get the engine opened up to do a thorough job(few surprises came out),but this had to be done for my satisfaction to bring the scooter to a 100% perfection.
A look inside the engine brought happiness to see this marvellous technology,which makes LML so robust and sturdy in its performence.
The reassembly will happen tomorrow and Star will shine.
I will be adding a few British decals,as this LML Star is a British spec (as confirmed by my very good friend,Bala) and chrome rear view mirrors.
Attached Thumbnails
Whoa LML? Whither LML?-img00051201112072056.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-img00049201112072049.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-img00050201112072056.jpg  

Old 10th December 2011, 15:11   #115
Senior - BHPian

Default STAR Comes Homer

Finally the STAR reached hometoday with all the livery completed.
I must thank Balaji (Chanu) for gving me such a nice gift.Thanks Bala.
Attached Thumbnails
Whoa LML? Whither LML?-1.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-2.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-3.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-4.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-5.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-6.jpg  

hillram is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 04:40   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Finally the STAR reached hometoday with all the livery completed.
I must thank Balaji (Chanu) for gving me such a nice gift.Thanks Bala.
Well Ram anna you need not thank me for this, you deserve much more than this. I am astonished to see this scooter coming back to life in no time, she was idle with me just because I didn't have skilled mechanics with me, else you would have got a full baked cake, at last the scooter reached the right hands, star came up really well.

Some Ideas in case you can apply, please remove the front number plate and try get a STAR mud guard fish which is different from what I have put, go for smaller number plate in the rear which will enhance the looks further, try getting the 'U' beading and finally please don't drive without a new tyre in the front.

I always believed this scooter will be happy with you and it started showing it is happy at your place. This is nothing to what I should have done to a friend, well wisher, brother like you.
Old 11th December 2011, 04:55   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Well Ram anna you need not thank me for this, you deserve much more than this. I am astonished to see this scooter coming back to life in no time, she was idle with me just because I didn't have skilled mechanics with me, else you would have got a full baked cake, at last the scooter reached the right hands, star came up really well.

Some Ideas in case you can apply, please remove the front number plate and try get a STAR mud guard fish which is different from what I have put, go for smaller number plate in the rear which will enhance the looks further, try getting the 'U' beading and finally please don't drive without a new tyre in the front.

I always believed this scooter will be happy with you and it started showing it is happy at your place. This is nothing to what I should have done to a friend, well wisher, brother like you.
Its a pleasure Bala.I will procure Mud guard fish as its not available right now.Getting a tyre change tomorrow.
But now the Star rides very smooth like a blowtorch through butter.
Old 24th August 2012, 15:24   #118
BHPian

My Sincere apologies in advance if mods think i am awakening a dead thread .

I am on a Lookout for a geared scooter for my dad. He hates Like's of activa , Old fashioned army man that he is , Gear less scooters are meant for girls. No Arguments .

scooter because it will be used for house hold chores like going to market buying groceries etc & he cannot carry all this stuff riding alone on Bike. So scooter it is .

Considering Above Only geared scooter available in market is LML . there is a show room near my place in Himachal and they have scooter available for delivery . Question is

Is it worth buying this scooter . reportedly company is still running Under protection of BIFR . Service should be Okay as we have a Showroom with in 40 KM;s of my native place & Neighbor hood Mechanic should be able to service it , but i am a bit worried about spares Side.

Is there any worth while option available in geared scooter category ? .

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 24th August 2012 at 15:27.
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 20:31   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

An article from The Economic Times, Mumbai of 12/02/1995, that gives an insight into the then better performing LML and their plans then. But sadly the things did not click!

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-picture-307.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 1st October 2012 at 20:59.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2012, 20:21   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

LML had also rattled the mighty Bajaj Auto in the 1990's. But that was short lived.

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-picture-382.jpg
Economic Times 22.11.1995

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 2nd October 2012 at 20:30.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote