Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 17:57   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 0 Times
Question Pulsar150 to Karizma

Hey Folks,

I am not happy with my two year old pulsar 150.
mainly two reasons Handling (Fell twice after braking hard), Build quality and ride comfort.

So I am thinking of selling it and go for one to two year old Hero honda karizma.

Estimates after going through the classified is I need to spend around 15k-20k for the upgrade.I don't want to spend more during this economic slump.

My expections from zma are:
1). better Handling and ride comfort
2). Longer life and less maintainence due to better build quality
3). decent millage of 35-40 kmpl

Guy could you please suggest me on this thought?
cnureddy.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 18:16   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,900
Thanked: 2,492 Times
Default

I will first talk about the problem

- Yes Pulsar has better front disk brake & it takes some time to be able to use them well. But is that the only reason for changing the bike? You can fall like that in almost every bike with disc brake at front

- Problem with Power, There are various options like the 180, RTR, CBZ Xtreme for upgrading brand new

Expectations

- Yes ZMA definitely handles better than a P150.
- Less maintenance is subjective, all bikes need similar maintenance but HH bikes have expensive spare parts.
Also ZMA has good resale so finding a good condition ZMA will cost you more.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 14:33   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I will first talk about the problem

- Yes Pulsar has better front disk brake & it takes some time to be able to use them well. But is that the only reason for changing the bike? You can fall like that in almost every bike with disc brake at front
yes I agree with you in front disc case, But pulsar rear drum brake needs attention every 500-700 kms.In my case I lost control due to poor response from rear brake.
Main reason why I hate pulsar is its build quality, You to open a simple nut couple of times it gives away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
- Problem with Power, There are various options like the 180, RTR, CBZ Xtreme for upgrading brand new
Yes this option is there, I test drove Apache Fi, its a mean machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Expectations
- Yes ZMA definitely handles better than a P150.
- Less maintenance is subjective, all bikes need similar maintenance but HH bikes have expensive spare parts.
Also ZMA has good resale so finding a good condition ZMA will cost you more.
I saw your thread zma, pulsar, apache comparison...I got some idea now.
Thanks a lot for your inputs.

At present I kept this upgrade option on hold coz I don't know where I will be for next 6 months.
cnureddy.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rumour: Hero Karizma, Karizma ZMR production stopped Aditya Motorbikes 45 21st November 2016 11:36
Vtec vs Karizma vs Pulsar 180 dts-i Shan2nu Street Experiences 75 31st January 2010 12:06
PULSAR150 UG III What tyres?? sumitkalindi Motorbikes 7 8th November 2007 01:45
pulsar150 dtsi ug3 problem sujit007 Motorbikes 5 31st January 2007 13:24
upgraded version version of unicorn or pulsar150 dtsi sujit007 Motorbikes 6 5th January 2007 09:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:07.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks