Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th April 2009, 19:51   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
am not sure if the tbts is available through the csd. check that out first. and also there is a small saving, not a "gob" as you might expect. however, a small saving is still a saving.
100% available in Chennai. Wouldn't make travel plans without checking that out.
27Gs sounds like a gob to me.
Bluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 21:02   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
100% available in Chennai. Wouldn't make travel plans without checking that out.
27Gs sounds like a gob to me.
Am not sure on the 27Gs, My friend whose posted in ASC centre Bangalore got his tbts through the csd and if i remember correctly he said that he saved around 9000/rs,would however have to confirm this with him again.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 21:10   #183
BHPian

Default I got my Royal enfield

Dear Bullet fans.
Last week i purchased 1967 model G2 engine Royal enfield from Kolkota. I had given it for to a mechanic for fixing OIL leak from Gear Box. But he did some but that problem not yet solved. Can any body from Hyderabad suggest any good mechanic so that i can contact him and fix the proble.
Attaching some photos.
Attached Thumbnails
New Bullet Fan Needs Help!-img_0189.jpg  

New Bullet Fan Needs Help!-img_0182.jpg  

New Bullet Fan Needs Help!-img_0184.jpg  

mituadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 22:42   #184
Senior - BHPian

Bluu,

Nice man. Finally the thread starter is biting the bullet.

I would advise you not to leave your TBTS at the dealer for any period of time more than necessary. Get someone to bring it to your In-laws' place or go there a day earlier and get involved with the buying process. It is a euphoric stage man. Riding your TBTS down from Chennai isn't too advisable as it will be brand new. Why don't you mount it onto an truck/train if possible and get it down to Bangalore? If you are riding down, take plenty of breaks to cool the engine and preferably ride in the cooler hours. Personally, I'd freight the TBTS.

Cheers,
Jay
JayPrashanth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 07:01   #185
Senior - BHPian

shipping to your premise is a good option.there are many such services -for eg in madras: chennai packers and movers.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 11:49   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Bluu,

Nice man. Finally the thread starter is biting the bullet.

I would advise you not to leave your TBTS at the dealer for any period of time more than necessary. Get someone to bring it to your In-laws' place or go there a day earlier and get involved with the buying process. It is a euphoric stage man. Riding your TBTS down from Chennai isn't too advisable as it will be brand new. Why don't you mount it onto an truck/train if possible and get it down to Bangalore? If you are riding down, take plenty of breaks to cool the engine and preferably ride in the cooler hours. Personally, I'd freight the TBTS.

Cheers,
Jay
Thanks Jay and deepclutch. I have planned to take breaks every 50 kms and of course ride at 50-60kmph for the entire duration. Also plan to depart around 5AM so we have most of the ride done before the heat sets in. I expect it to be a good start to the run-in for the bike. Why is it not considered a good thing to ride the bike from Chennai to Bangy? I feel that if I ride sensibly, the long run will be good for the bike. Explanations?

@ Born to be wild - Thats the reason I'm purchasing it from Chennai and not Karnataka. State taxes are ridiculously high in Kar. Also, 27Gs is the difference between ex-showroom in Chennai and on-road in Bangy so the actual difference will be slightly lesser. Even so, it will be much more than 9K.
Ex-showroom price in CSD is 80467. TN road tax is 4% plus registration, insurance etc. Rest of the savings go toward new exhaust and riding accessories!

Also, will soon post photos of a friends '59 Std. Stay tuned!
Old 14th April 2009, 11:32   #187
BHPian

hi blu , is it possible to finance if routed thru csd or need to make full payment.
rm_arjuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 10:53   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
hi blu , is it possible to finance if routed thru csd or need to make full payment.
You can take a loan independently but full payment has to be made to the CSD and to the dealer (for regn, state taxes, insurance etc). They accept DDs.
Old 16th April 2009, 12:57   #189

Default looking for a used bull

hey guys been looking for a bull if any which is up for sale in and around bangalore.. please do let me know if you guys come across any.. i regret having sold my std one sometime bak but for valid reasons... i want another one.. please help
arun_cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 02:25   #190
ash

how tall are you bullies? i've been a silent lurker in the forums and found this thread very useful. i'm contemplating between the machismo 500 and thunderbird. being 5.5" i found the seating comfort on the thunderbird a breeze. haven't gotten to ride the 500 a lot, except for a couple of short drives. of course, i was blown away by the feel. i love the torque and the bullet feel. however i'm somewhat worried about handling on the 500. my short height doesn't guarantee both the feet down on the bike, unlike the tbird. hopefully i'll get to do a decent in-city test drive before i take a call on the 27th this month. what're your thoughts?
ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 08:23   #191
Senior - BHPian

Ash,

Buy the LB500 if you like it. You can always change the seat to a lower one.
Old 25th April 2009, 09:23   #192
BHPian

hey friends
clarify something for me guys, i read it in a previous post that if one wants to find out the year/month of manufature then" the first digit would have to be 9 for a 2009 produced unit... and the last alphabet would have to be A for Jan .. which denotes the production month in that year and so on" but the number i see on the lhs of the engine goes something like L5S5C09C******, so im a little confused here because the first digit isnt 9 its a 5 and where is the month friends, please clarify, am i supposed to not consider the first few digits/alphabets , if yes then how many, yup u guys, a new thread might be coming up soon hihihi

Last edited by makanaka : 25th April 2009 at 09:24.
makanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 07:04   #193
BHPian

After thinking long and hard about it, I finally took delivery of my 500LB yesterday!

I love the bike. AVL clatter and all!

Will post more details later!
Old 29th April 2009, 08:10   #194
Senior - BHPian

Ah Finally. Wow. What the hell man. You said you're buying the TBTS and now this. Anyway, enjoy your new LB500 and post pics soon.
Old 29th April 2009, 08:45   #195
Senior - BHPian

congrats Bluu LB500 with loads of torques will please you for sure.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote