Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 14th June 2009, 22:33   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
drag race with a pulsar 200 for a short mile is a waste of time.do a drag from ernakulam to Alapuzha(75kms) and see the results (still p200 got the top whack;isn't it?) what I meant is ,Bullet is meant to cruise at a good speed.I rode many times to Coimbatore **without stopping the Engine** at 65-80kmph from Muvattupuzha.It is fine.but doing 100-120kmph on Bullet 350 CI is definitely taking a risk.if Such a drag thingy is in mind ,better getting karizma,pulsar etc.
--
Bullet 350 CI(stock condition) is not recommended to do 100kmph constantly for even 5 minutes ,if I am asked.the "missing" of throttle means either the mixture is lean(tune the carburetter) or (I don't want to tell the panic message)
plz tell yaar. wat panic message? u can be open. even otherwise actually im on thoughts of getting my hands on an R15
sam_sant2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 11:13   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
drag race with a pulsar 200 for a short mile is a waste of time.do a drag from ernakulam to Alapuzha(75kms) and see the results (still p200 got the top whack;isn't it?) what I meant is ,Bullet is meant to cruise at a good speed.I rode many times to Coimbatore **without stopping the Engine** at 65-80kmph from Muvattupuzha.It is fine.but doing 100-120kmph on Bullet 350 CI is definitely taking a risk.if Such a drag thingy is in mind ,better getting karizma,pulsar etc.
--
Bullet 350 CI(stock condition) is not recommended to do 100kmph constantly for even 5 minutes ,if I am asked.the "missing" of throttle means either the mixture is lean(tune the carburetter) or (I don't want to tell the panic message)
Well a stock CI Std won;t do a real 120, although it will show 120 on speedo!!
I have ripped my 2004 Std and cruised at 90-110 easily for longer durations than mentioned.

You are not supposed to rip your bike before you run-in for atleast 3000 kms..although i am sure people have different views but this is what i believe. Miss fire at higher rpms means that tht engine was running lean..get it checked by your mechanic, do plug chops and if required raise the slide needle in the carb by a notch. This helps, the engine might run lil rich but then if you are ripping your bike i would like it to run rich than lean.

If your bike is not making any engine noises and is running as smoothly as it was running before this incidence dont worry, just get the carb re-adjusted.
Std Bullets are not made to compete with P200, if you want to drag race with P200/Karizma; better buy a R15!!

Last edited by nickoo : 15th June 2009 at 11:15.
nickoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 08:30   #228
BHPian

@nickoo:
no man come on. Iam know that its crazy to race with those bikes. After all I was a Pulsar owner till March 2009 (long 5 yrs). I know what a new gen bike is.

Every driver has his own way of enjoying a ride. Likewise I was enjoying the King at speeds in excess of 90kmph. Just then a Pulsar 200 was overtaken. Actually that guy on seeing the King,who was otherwise speeding, humbly gave way. But as I opened the accelerator further the bike started 'coughing' and 'missing' at around 100kmph (speedo) and I had to again come down to 90kmph. But that moment the guy on 200 suddenly had an urge to race (sensed an opportunity probably ) and he just zipped away!

PS: Iam getting 40kmpl on my new Std Bull now after 2000kms of run-in. Usually I ride at 60-70kmph and occassional 90s as well.
sam_sant2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 14:02   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
@nickoo:
no man come on. Iam know that its crazy to race with those bikes. After all I was a Pulsar owner till March 2009 (long 5 yrs). I know what a new gen bike is.

Every driver has his own way of enjoying a ride. Likewise I was enjoying the King at speeds in excess of 90kmph. Just then a Pulsar 200 was overtaken. Actually that guy on seeing the King,who was otherwise speeding, humbly gave way. But as I opened the accelerator further the bike started 'coughing' and 'missing' at around 100kmph (speedo) and I had to again come down to 90kmph. But that moment the guy on 200 suddenly had an urge to race (sensed an opportunity probably ) and he just zipped away!

PS: Iam getting 40kmpl on my new Std Bull now after 2000kms of run-in. Usually I ride at 60-70kmph and occassional 90s as well.
IMHO 40 kmpl is a bit too much for a std..do a plug chop i am sure your bike is running lean. Better run it a lil rich.
Old 16th June 2009, 17:54   #230
BHPian

Anyone know where I can get custom metal and rubber fabrications done in Bangalore? I want to do some minor changes to the bodywork of the LB incl but not limited to a sissy bar, slightly wider footpegs etc.
Bluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 22:28   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
IMHO 40 kmpl is a bit too much for a std..do a plug chop i am sure your bike is running lean. Better run it a lil rich.
True the bike is giving too much of KMPL its best around 35. get the bike checked.
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 11:17   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
True the bike is giving too much of KMPL its best around 35. get the bike checked.
wass up mate..long time. How's your bull thumping!!
Old 22nd June 2009, 19:09   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
Anyone know where I can get custom metal and rubber fabrications done in Bangalore? I want to do some minor changes to the bodywork of the LB incl but not limited to a sissy bar, slightly wider footpegs etc.
In case anyone cares, Muneer bhai can get it done. Approx two weeks required though.
Old 22nd June 2009, 20:45   #234
Senior - BHPian

Bluu,

As it is, the LB500s pegs are very wide. Wider footpegs are a definite no-no if you are into any semblance of ghat riding. On a ride to the Nandi hills, I was scraping my pegs in every corner. If you want your LB500 to be a slab rider, then the wider pegs are fine.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 13:36   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Bluu,

As it is, the LB500s pegs are very wide. Wider footpegs are a definite no-no if you are into any semblance of ghat riding. On a ride to the Nandi hills, I was scraping my pegs in every corner. If you want your LB500 to be a slab rider, then the wider pegs are fine.

Cheers,

Jay
Explain "slab rider".
Old 23rd June 2009, 21:02   #236
Senior - BHPian

Long unending straights. Like the boring expressways, etc.
JayPrashanth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 22:04   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Long unending straights. Like the boring expressways, etc.
Ah, thanks. Well, to answer to your original post, I just want to confirm that you didn't misunderstand what I wanted done to the foot pegs. I want them to be wider, such that the area between the toe and heel ends of the shifter is reduced. I don't want them longer (protruding outwards). Same for the brake side. This will ensure that over a long ride (slab or twisty) my feet will have a larger area to rest on.
Old 23rd June 2009, 23:41   #238
BHPian

Default Race anyone...anywhere...its your bike and your call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
@nickoo:

A) You are running incredibly lean. Petrol is one of the coolants in your air cooled engine. Let the baby drink a little more if you want it to keep a cooler head.

B) "bullet = not for speeding" is boohockey! I have done a recent ride from Hyderabad to Kolkata on my Electra (CI 350 engine, mind you) and i was ripping up NH-5 at 110. And even when I was holding her at 110 for 20 mins and more on flat stretches, she was doing just fine. However, I might as well tell you, My engine was 21000 kms old and i feed her Magnatec.

C) For short stretch drags and stuff, i suggest a front sprocket mod. Mr. Prashanth shall enlighten you further about that
justROYal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 09:29   #239
Senior - BHPian

Folks need help regarding tyres for my Electra 4 speed. I was looking at the tread pattern here in this post.

Name:  lonavla ride 001.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  262.9 KB

I was just scouting the market last evening and found only the normal button grip(if that's what its called ) types of tires.Was looking at changing both the front and rear tires of my Electra.

Any pointers in bangalore where I could pick 'em up ?
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 11:13   #240
ash

Talking wooohooo!

after a loong loong wait and a delay due to charges on a minor car accident, i finally got my 500 last evening!!! been following this thread for a significantly long time. thank you all for your excellent posts and advice. hope to see ya guys sometime. until then, happy thumping
ash is offline   Reply With Quote