Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 16th April 2011, 02:32   #31
BHPian

Default Re: My brothers's 1994 Yezdi Roadking and Oilking

Dude awesome maintained bike. Is that when it was new or is that really what I see in 2008 it was in this condition.

Awesome one fellow BHPian keep it up
riteshpawar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 19:14   #32

Default Yezdi Road King - Urgent Query

Dear members,

I own a 1996 model yezdi RK which I recently purchased about a 2 months ago. Post acquiring this vehicle, I got the general service done and the mechanic gave me a big bill of 10,000 INR.

Working in the corporate IT industry with less time, I paid whatever he quoted and got the bike home with new clutch plate, battery etc.

Day 2: Is when my nightmare story begun. I took the bike out for a spin for around 5 kilometers and there was a heavy hitting noise from the left side of the engine, bore. The bike ceased. I gave the bike a 10 minute cooling time and with luck managed to start the vehicle and got home. After calling the mechanic and nagging him, he came home and mentioned the oil ratio was poor and I need to add more oil along with petrol ( 20/40 Grade ).

Day 3 : Drove the bike around the city, single rider, maintained speeds of around 40-50 kmph with no issues. There was engine grinding noise.

Day 4 : Same as day 3, with no issues or engine heating. Minor engine grinding noise.

Day 5: Decided to take the bike on a small trip to kolar from bangalore with my wife. We left Indira Nagar and headed towards old madras road where the bike ceased again near KR Puram. Gave the bike a 10 minute cooling time and again started the bike and decided to give it another go. Near Decathlon post KR puram, the bike again ceased. There was lot of heat coming out of the engine and before the bike stopped, I heard the same heavy hitting noise again. With luck , I managed to return home at speeds not exceeding 30 kmph. Total distance traveled this day was around 20 kms.

Day 6 - 10 : Did not take the bike out at all.

Day 12 : Started the bike again and rode it around my locality for about 2 - 3 kilometers. There is lots of grinding noise coming from the block above the engine.

Present day : I am going to take the vehicle to a mechanic tomorrow. Please advise what precaution I need to take to ensure he does not rip me off like the earlier mechanic. I was also informed that the bike is in the last bore ( 2nd or 3rd oversize ) so there is no question of reboring it again. My objective of purchasing this bike was to go on tours ( 300-500 kilometers with my wife )

Please advice. It would greatly help me. Enclosed a pic as well for visual relation.

Sincerely,
Sahas

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Only TWO (2) smileys allowed per post. Please read the Announcements carefully before proceeding. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
My brothers's 1994 Yezdi Roadking and Oilking-img20160828wa0027.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th October 2016 at 15:25.
sahas83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2016, 00:11   #33
BHPian

Default Re: Yezdi Road King - Urgent Query

Perhaps when the engine was re-bored, a poor quality aftermarket piston block was used. Try to get a hold of a better one, Mahle is one that comes to mind, I think. This is a frequent issue on Yezdis that have been re-bored from what I've seen.

Also, your Roadking looks beautiful, almost exactly like the one I used to have!
The_Mad_Hatter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 01:37   #34

Thanks for the prompt response. My mechanic said he will add sleeves and put a std mahle piston. I am a little worried. any advise will greatly help.

The current bore size is 1.5 which is the last oversize.
Old 28th October 2016, 11:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
If its the last size then no better luck apart from sleeving the barrel. However do check out if you can lay your hands on used barrels and keep the application metal sleeves as the last option. Applying Sleeve is quite tedious job and the ports needs to be matched for the exact performance. Else you will find the machine very lazy, a slouch to ride and drinking enormous amount of petrol.

Do check out in the scrap yards of Chennai but take your mechanic along so that he can identify a decent one.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 14:01   #36
BHPian

Your pipes are blue ,, check your jet size . What carb are you using btw .. could be a jetting issue causing insufficient oil and fuel mix
howler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 14:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
Thanks for the prompt response. My mechanic said he will add sleeves and put a std mahle piston. I am a little worried. any advise will greatly help.

I am not sure which mechanics you've visited in the past.

Please call Ahmed, a renowned Yezdi/Jawa mechanic in Yeshwantpur. He might be far, but he is absolutely worth the trip. I have been going to him to get my Yezdi/Jawa serviced right from 2001. Fantastic guy, expensive but NOT a rip off. He has a stellar name in the Jawa community in Bangalore.

His number is: 944 820 6426. Tell him Venkat sent you over.

Suggest you take your bike to him, and make all changes he suggests. Your bike will be like as it rolled out of the showroom floor in a few weeks.
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2016, 16:57   #38

Hi all,

Got the job of re-sleeving done. Took the bike for a small ride in Bangalore OMR,

No engine seize and engine does not get hot. Pick up is decent. Torque has dropped a little in 3/4 gear while climbing slopes. Not opened throttle yet, and maintaining 40-60 within the city and open roads.

Not sure about Mileage, but looks like it has taken a hit. I'm thinking it gives around 20 kmpl.

Any tips on maintenance of the bike during the run in period? I'm currently using Castrol CRB plus 20w 40 ( diesel engine oil ) - 50 ml per liter of petrol.

Please advise. I want to keep this bike and use it for long road trips with minimal problems.
Old 24th November 2016, 23:34   #39

Default Yezdi Road King - Question about Colour

Hi All,

Being a yezdi enthusiast, I would like to know the factory colours the Road King came with apart from black and maroon.

Some experts and yezdi gurus please give me some vision with visual examples. ( especially steel grey colour )

Best Regards,
Sahas
Old 24th November 2016, 23:36   #40

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 25th November 2016 at 10:47.
sahas83 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction