Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 3rd January 2009, 12:38   #16
BHPian

Thank you all for your feedback, I will do a TD on Avenger, Apache and unicorn before making any decision.
aravinrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 15:15   #17
BHPian

Dont forget the FZ 16, have test ridden it, very easy to flick around in traffic.
xtremeshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 19:22   #18
BHPian

I am thinking of buying the Avenger 200 DTSI, could any of you guys throw some light about this bike, will I get mileage around 40km/liter, please suggest
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:45   #19
BHPian

Sorry guys it took so long time for me to give an update of the bike I bought and I am thank full to all who provide your suggestions.

Finally I decided on avenger with 200 CC engine in March 2009, the bike which I really liked was FZ16 but my wife did not approve it as it was not comfortable for the pillion.

I am happy with the avenger and it is extremely comfortable. I commute 60 KMS daily and it gives me a FE of 45KMPL and I always feel good about riding it more unlike my Yamaha in which I will get back pain.

There are no major complaints; the pulling powering in the 5th gear is good as well, the only issue is, it is not helpful for zigzag riding. I believe the USP of this bike is its comfort.

Before my third service whenever I ride over some uneven roads I could feel the kick on my back which I didn’t like, I told the service guy about this, I think he adjusted the shocks and after that it has improved a lot and I am loving it now.

I have done 6300 KMS so far.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd September 2009 at 18:24. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please use preview befoer submit and avoid copy pasted from exterbal font editors. Thanks
Old 8th September 2009, 15:34   #20
BHPian

I am finding it hard to push my bike beyond 70KMPH, once I reach 70 the bike generates more sound than speed, does it requires any tuning ? can any one suggest an Idea for this, I thought the bike is capable enough to reach 90KMPH atleast
Old 8th September 2009, 18:09   #21
BHPian

Ideally yes, It should effortlessly cruise at speeds above 80Kmph and should be able to cross a little over 105 kmph on a good open stretch.

Even my 10 year old splendour clocks 90kmph on a open road, though it takes time to get there as compared to other bikes but I can maintain speeds above 80kmph for longer periods.
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 21:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
Sorry guys it took so long time for me to give an update of the bike I bought and I am thank full to all who provide your suggestions.

Finally I decided on avenger with 200 CC engine in March 2009, the bike which I really liked was FZ16 but my wife did not approve it as it was not comfortable for the pillion.

I am happy with the avenger and it is extremely comfortable. I commute 60 KMS daily and it gives me a FE of 45KMPL and I always feel good about riding it more unlike my Yamaha in which I will get back pain.

There are no major complaints; the pulling powering in the 5th gear is good as well, the only issue is, it is not helpful for zigzag riding. I believe the USP of this bike is its comfort.

Before my third service whenever I ride over some uneven roads I could feel the kick on my back which I didnít like, I told the service guy about this, I think he adjusted the shocks and after that it has improved a lot and I am loving it now.

I have done 6300 KMS so far.

Hi congratulation on your new bike. Are you sure about the FE you are getting. As you say you get 45kmpl that good for a 200cc bike that to from a cruiser. would like to hear more from you about the top speed proble that you are facing.
hell boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 10:57   #23
BHPian

Yeah, you heard it right, for the last top up of 10.29 liters (500 Rs in Chennai), it did 485 KMS and it comes to 47 KMPL. Mainly I ride it in the IT highway, probably that is one reason why I am getting this mileage. Other thing is, the bike reaches 60 KMPH pretty soon and beyond that it takes time to accelerate further and I could sense that the bike strains a little bit so usually ride it some where between 60 and 65. I am not sure some kind of tuning would help let me know if you have any suggestions.
Old 10th September 2009, 19:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
I am finding it hard to push my bike beyond 70KMPH, once I reach 70 the bike generates more sound than speed, does it requires any tuning ? can any one suggest an Idea for this, I thought the bike is capable enough to reach 90KMPH atleast
Hello Aravind,

I came across this article today :- Naz Narrates - Bajaj Avenger | Motorcycles

It is a recent article (1st week of September) and it should be helpful to you to gauge if there is something really wrong with the bike or is this a standard issue with the bike. The article mentions that the vibrations are huge post 80kmph, however the bike has touched 110 kmph as a top end. It is also stated that doing a 50-70 kmph is what this bike is best at.

Hope the article helps.

Last edited by mantrig : 10th September 2009 at 20:07. Reason: Issues with the link
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote