Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2009, 14:10   #16
BHPian
 
five46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: L-O-S-T!!
Posts: 422
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smart2smart View Post
i would like to change the front suspensions completely to a new and better shocks. which telescopicsuspension will suite for samurai ?
If I'm not wrong, the last Samurais manufactured by TVS after they parted ways with Suzuki came with Telescopic front, hunting in TVS service centers may get you these, and these may be the best fit for your Samurai.
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 14:21   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: abu dhabi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
If I'm not wrong, the last Samurais manufactured by TVS after they parted ways with Suzuki came with Telescopic front, hunting in TVS service centers may get you these, and these may be the best fit for your Samurai.
thanx for the advice, defnatly look after it.
what about perfomance upgrades ? any sugetions for it ?
smart2smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 16:13   #18
BHPian
 
five46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: L-O-S-T!!
Posts: 422
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Well, for performance upgrades, you can think of after market exhausts, expansion chambers, etc.
But this requires a higher degree of skill and you'll have to find a thoroughly experienced mechanic who has worked on such modifications. Else, your entire involvement (financially and morally) can go futile...
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:28   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: abu dhabi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Well, for performance upgrades, you can think of after market exhausts, expansion chambers, etc.
But this requires a higher degree of skill and you'll have to find a thoroughly experienced mechanic who has worked on such modifications. Else, your entire involvement (financially and morally) can go futile...
guys finaly me and my bro decided to sell those two bikes and buy a new one.
there are more options infont of me to choose.
  1. pulsar 200cc
  2. pulsar 220cc
  3. karizma R
  4. fz 16
guys guys please help me to choose one from the above.
smart2smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:41   #20
BHPian
 
five46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: L-O-S-T!!
Posts: 422
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

I would keep myself away from the Pulsars (no offense meant to any Pulsar owners).

I would buy a ZMA if I want a 'touring' capable bike.

I would buy a FZ16 if I'm lookin for 'poser' value and for my regular commutes.
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:49   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,125
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

smart. as "five" has mentioned i would also go for a ZMA if i plan to tour.

Also you can TD avanger200 and see if you like.
lohithrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 14:21   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: abu dhabi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
smart. as "five" has mentioned i would also go for a ZMA if i plan to tour.

Also you can TD avanger200 and see if you like.
cool. what is the price for karizma R right now ?
i heard the hero honda going to lounch an upgraded version called "karizma R Fi " is it true ?
and which colour looks cool for karizma ?
also i saw (hero honda website) black colour version with red alloy wheels, whats your comments about it ?
smart2smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:09   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,125
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Smart, not sure about the price. it should be around 70k.

Colors are based on your liking, i would go for Black or red.
lohithrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 11:19   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: abu dhabi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Smart, not sure about the price. it should be around 70k.

Colors are based on your liking, i would go for Black or red.
finaly decided to go for karizma R ( black with out that red alloys )
is it possible to change the zma handle bar to pulsar220 bar ?
and also i m not happy with the zma front indicator, tht yellow is not suiting may be plain will be more good looking with black. so is it possible to a plain colour indicator @ market ?
smart2smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 13:50   #25
BHPian
 
five46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: L-O-S-T!!
Posts: 422
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smart2smart View Post
finaly decided to go for karizma R ( black with out that red alloys )
Great Choice!


Quote:
Originally Posted by smart2smart View Post
is it possible to change the zma handle bar to pulsar220 bar ?
This exercise may (I'm not sure, any views fellow TBHPians?) ruin the comfortable riding position of the ZMA. Also, the wiring of the switches, the clutch, accelerator, brake cables may not suit the handlebar of the P220. It may call for some modifications which can void your warranty.


Quote:
Originally Posted by smart2smart View Post
and also i m not happy with the zma front indicator, tht yellow is not suiting may be plain will be more good looking with black. so is it possible to a plain colour indicator @ market ?
I think they may be available in metros, haven't seen any clear lens indicators on a ZMA though.

Anyways, congrats on your choice, keep posted with some pictures.

Last edited by five46 : 3rd February 2009 at 13:52.
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 14:39   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: abu dhabi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Great Choice!



This exercise may (I'm not sure, any views fellow TBHPians?) ruin the comfortable riding position of the ZMA. Also, the wiring of the switches, the clutch, accelerator, brake cables may not suit the handlebar of the P220. It may call for some modifications which can void your warranty.




I think they may be available in metros, haven't seen any clear lens indicators on a ZMA though.

Anyways, congrats on your choice, keep posted with some pictures.
thanks buddy,
i will book a zma soon , anyone knows how many days it takes to get the bike delivered after booking ?

and aslo someone let me know about clear lens front indicators for zma
smart2smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
25-30 Lakh Car Buying Advice from Fellow BHPians stanjohn123 Luxury, Imports & Niche 355 12th March 2015 11:45
Hyderabad TBHPians Need help: AVATAR Tickets ashwinsid Shifting gears 6 16th December 2009 15:45
Hello To fellow TBHPians!!!! dreamdiesel Introduce yourself 2 25th August 2008 07:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks