Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th March 2009, 23:56   #106
BHPian

hey guys clutch issue sorted!! used the bullet cable inner exactly the same thickness! anyways found the original complete cable that I'm picking up tomm.
Finally rode it without the catcon! feels good but nothing overly exceptional i doubt the 6 odd Hp gain people talk about!
speed0mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 03:14   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
hey guys clutch issue sorted!! used the bullet cable inner exactly the same thickness! anyways found the original complete cable that I'm picking up tomm.
Finally rode it without the catcon! feels good but nothing overly exceptional i doubt the 6 odd Hp gain people talk about!
it was said to increase the power to 30bhp from 27bhp stock
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 09:31   #108
BHPian

Oh! i thought i heard someone say 33! anyways I'd never know the actual figures unless i find a dyno, but even 3Hp is more than a 10% increase which i feel would be more noticable! Anyways its given me some better responsiveness and that too for free so its all good
Old 17th March 2009, 12:31   #109
BHPian

hey guys balanced the carbs yest! sorry couldn't click as cam batteries conked! they were slightly out of sync, but fine now! will post pics of how to once the bats charged!
Ok now question for the gurus again! I have been experiencing vibration at around 5k rpm to about 6k rpm, now i know its normal for every engine to have a resonant frequency and more so for a v-twin, but i feel its increased slightly over the period of time!
The kinetic service center feels its the clutch housing and some rubber on it that would have gone hard or cracked thats causing an imbalance.
KRP feels that it might be due to the end can or maybe because he felt the carb was not tuned!
I'm not very satisfied with KRP's answer, i heard alot about them and was dissapointed to get such an answer and he refused to tune it up then, he told me to send it in a day or two and he'll keep it for a full day at least just for a carb retune!? as far as i know if its that drastically out of tune it wouldn't take more than 5 mins to get it close to tuned (im not talking fine tuning but a rough in the range type of tune!
Also do you think that an engine running lean will increase the vibration!? i don't see how!?
Old 17th March 2009, 13:42   #110
Senior - BHPian

@Speed , there is a flat spot at 4.5 - 5.0 K RPM for the comet , this is where it changes the curve at CDI and pulls heavily there after . Is this what you are referring to ?
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 13:46   #111
Senior - BHPian

KRP guys usually have the same answer,its the same for everyone,as according to them they are always tied up with work.
they had asked for a whole day to put a K&N on my zma in 2006
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 14:07   #112
BHPian

@black12rr: hey buddy, no theres no flat spot just crazy vibration only in that zone! its perfectly smooth everywhere else in the revv range, and its quite difficult to not be in that range in the city! so its just a little irritating but moreover its the uncomfortable feeling of something not working fine in there!! if you know what i mean!

Hwy Akshay: well it was my first visit to them and i was quite put off! i mean i know they're big and state of the art and all but really, the guys showing me an SS exhaust they make for the pulsar, that gives you 70% weight reduction(believable) and a 25% gain in power!!!!!!!
my immediate question to him was: "do you have a dyno here?" lol, i think he got the message ;p
Actually he seemed uninterested as soon as me and dad told him all that we do on our own on the bike, and that we had already synced the carbs, etc. maybe I'm reading too much into it but just not a very positive experience, i mean i didn't call and talk 3ice before going down 15kms on my day off to get a tour of your workshop and your company profile!! and you trying to sell me stuff which i would've been more than interested in had you even looked into what i came for!!
Old 17th March 2009, 18:57   #113

Quote:
@black12rr: hey buddy, no theres no flat spot just crazy vibration only in that zone! its perfectly smooth everywhere else in the revv range, and its quite difficult to not be in that range in the city! so its just a little irritating but moreover its the uncomfortable feeling of something not working fine in there!! if you know what i mean!
If yours is stock CDI then it would definitely have the flat spot from 5.5k to 6k rpm. Symptoms are loss in power, you'll feel like bike is stalling. Once the engine crosses 6k rpm, it again starts kicking in power smoothly.

Can the vibrations be because of the mixture being lean?
sumit.pannalall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 23:37   #114
BHPian

hey sumit! that flat spot was a common problem but not a universal one! its stock and definitely no flat spot.
Regarding the mixture, that was my question too, i don't see any reason for a lean mixture to cause vibration! can anyone elaborate if it could be a cause!?
Old 18th March 2009, 05:34   #115
Senior - BHPian

Hey speedo. did you find the need to rejet? Or is the bike working fine with the same jets & the new exhaust?
Nilesh5417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 11:14   #116
BHPian

well it seems to be running fine! but i think i will rejet soon, just the thought of it running too lean is not a very pleasing one! was thinking i'll rejet one size up from 90 and 92.5 to maybe 95 on both!
Old 18th March 2009, 18:08   #117
BHPian

gurus !! any inputs??
Ok update: have received the clutch ***'y including plates, pressure plate, housing, etc. from kinetic pune, its off a bike thats done about 2k kms, which was a write off. Lets see if that's actually the cause of the vibration as my mech feels! Will be replacing tomm. will keep you updated.
Old 18th March 2009, 23:54   #118
Senior - BHPian

you got parts! wow! :-) who did you contact in pune? my old mech from a kinetic service center is not reachable anymore. i may have the old number. :( the showroom closed down i guess and i never bothered to ask for his mobile number.
Nilesh5417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 18:03   #119
BHPian

i mailed them, took the contact from their website! well the pressure plate is chipped, so won't be using that for sure! ok gurus any input on the increased vibration due to mixture? it sounds absurd though could anyone elaborate why if at all the mixture would increase vibration?
Old 20th March 2009, 20:57   #120
BHPian

Quote:
hey guys balanced the carbs yest! sorry couldn't click as cam batteries conked! they were slightly out of sync, but fine now! will post pics of how to once the bats charged!
I wish I could find an easy way of doing that for my 4 cyls.. :-/
Also, since we're at it, can I ask what effect can lack of synchro have on carbs or the bike overall ?

btw, love reading threads like yours.. atleast makes me learn a thing or two.. :P

Cheers,
J.
jsmonu is offline   Reply With Quote