Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2009, 11:52   #16
BHPian
 
Glifford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 371
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
I would suggest dont go for Pulsar 220. I drive one and not at all happy with the performance of the bike. Bike itself is really good but the Bajaj service center spoils the bike.
The decision of the product is up to you Kaustuv, but service is definitely not an issue here in Bangalore. Venkat's Auto Service is the best service station you can find, south of the BAL owned stations in Wakdewadi, Pune and Delhi.

Many Pulsar riders ride down from places as far away as Chennai and Hyderabad to get a service done there!
Glifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 12:00   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

If you are really keen about P220 PM me, one of my friend is selling one red P220 hardly 5-7K kms done till date 2007 end model, i think it was the first P220 in Bangy.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 13:02   #18
BHPian
 
arpandiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 428
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Many Pulsar riders ride down from places as far away as Chennai and Hyderabad to get a service done there!
You forgot Mumbai.

For the record, Autoservice is authorised to sell P220, so you can buy it there, and get it serviced there !
arpandiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 13:05   #19
BHPian
 
Glifford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 371
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
You forgot Mumbai.
Oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
For the record, Autoservice is authorised to sell P220, so you can buy it there, and get it serviced there !
I didn't know that. News to me!
Glifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 12:52   #20
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 16
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I am back searching for a second hand 220 again as the min deposit amount for a new 220 is 41k and I am getting only 27K for my current bike.
So I have shortlisted these two bikes, from my office portal
1. Sep 08 model, Done 7500Km, Color blue , Price 65k
2. Feb 08 model, Done 7500Km, Color black, Price 60K
I have not yet seen the bikes, will be taking them to venkat's place for an inspection this weekend, but had the Sep 08 model been in black I wouldn't be having the confusion. I am not too sure about the blue color.
Also IMO the Sep 08 model being a later model might have leeser issues, could be a stupid assumption though. So I am confused.
Guys please let me know which is a more sensible buy among the above two ?
Kaustuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 13:22   #21
BHPian
 
Glifford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 371
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaustuv View Post
I am back searching for a second hand 220 again as the min deposit amount for a new 220 is 41k and I am getting only 27K for my current bike.
So I have shortlisted these two bikes, from my office portal
1. Sep 08 model, Done 7500Km, Color blue , Price 65k
2. Feb 08 model, Done 7500Km, Color black, Price 60K
I have not yet seen the bikes, will be taking them to venkat's place for an inspection this weekend, but had the Sep 08 model been in black I wouldn't be having the confusion. I am not too sure about the blue color.
Also IMO the Sep 08 model being a later model might have leeser issues, could be a stupid assumption though. So I am confused.
Guys please let me know which is a more sensible buy among the above two ?
They both look sensible! But you have to look at both and get a feel for them.

Look for scratches/damages. Esp on handle bar ends, brake/clutch levers and saree guard. See if they have been dropped or misused.

After you see both you will have a preference for one. Could be sane (head) or insane (heart), but you will. The price difference is not too much anyway. You can easily negotiate the difference by offering spot payment!

Finally Venkat will give the last word on engine / mechanical condition. So you can trust him for that.

And if I were you, I would go for blue! It definitely is the best colour for the 220 (signature colour if you must) (as with the Ford Fiesta 1.6S). Plus any (lighter) colour is easier to maintain than black. In terms of dust collection and scratch visibility.

Finally when you park your bike in the sun, Black will heat up the most resulting in fuel evaporation loss (may be negligible tho').

I'd go for blue!
Glifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 13:24   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

Sept08 one.
PM me if you wants to buy my friends P220, you can ask him directly for rates n all details.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 13:27   #23
BHPian
 
kailashnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 887
Thanked: 275 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
You forgot Mumbai.

For the record, Autoservice is authorised to sell P220, so you can buy it there, and get it serviced there !
Arpandiv, do you travel to Pune to get your P220 serviced. Is that true. and if that is true, is that service centre that good.

When are you going for the service next time. I would also like to accompany you. Is it possible to come back to Mumbai on the same day.

Regards,
Kailash
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 14:31   #24
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 16
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

@Glifford: do you too own a 2003 DTSI or around that time, I feel I have spoken to you before, in xbhp though, when I had bought the DTSI. Your screen name sounds familiar.
Kaustuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 13:40   #25
BHPian
 
Glifford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 371
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaustuv View Post
@Glifford: do you too own a 2003 DTSI or around that time, I feel I have spoken to you before, in xbhp though, when I had bought the DTSI. Your screen name sounds familiar.
Yes, an Oct 2003, Wine Red, 180 DTS-i. The first batch in Bangalore. Done around 35,000 till now and still gunning strong! Not planning any upgrade anytime soon!

Had been active on xBHP those days, slowly fell out of interest there and preferred mail based forums specific to biking. (read: BajajPulsar, BikeNomads etc.)
Glifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi thread vittalnrv Motorbikes 258 6th October 2017 22:32
Pulsar 220 (new) or the Apache RTR 180 - EDIT - Bought Pulsar 220 M abhayshanu Motorbikes 203 1st March 2011 14:27
Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi: Intial owner reviews... CrAzY dRiVeR Motorbikes 31 17th June 2010 15:26
Pulsar 220 DTS-FI Launched at killer price himanshugoswami Motorbikes 48 13th March 2007 14:51
Photo Edited Pulsar 220 from INDONESIA!!! sharma Motorbikes 10 24th November 2006 02:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks