Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 16th July 2010, 22:03   #61

Default impressive - nice to see the Rx legacy..

Man! some really well maintained bikes on this thread, I'll probably show off my bike in a day or two.

One main concern with this bike is the lighting - and I've addressed that to a certain degree, I've got the clear glass headlamp of a Boxer and placed it on Rex(my RX-100). It has defenitely improved the brightness and visibility - next step could be to get HIDs

my bike is currently under the paint-booth and getting itself a Black and Purple paint job, let's see how that turns out.
turbolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 02:51   #62
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations @Turbolover. There seems to be too many RX threads running in TBhp. Not sure who's doing what.

HID's for RX? Are you sure? Where're you planning to add the additional battery for ID? Instead of Boxer's clear lamps, you can settle in for Minda's headlamp which is very good in quality as well as gives you OE look. One of our member has done this & posted the pics here.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 12:35   #63

Question

Thanks aargee! I've upgraded to all 12V electricals + Battery, I'm hoping that it'll take care of the IDs

I agree with the Minda lamps, the stock feel to it is great - but I'll let everyone decide on how the clear lamps hold it's stance. (just waiting to get my bike from the painter's)

@ ALL - One question - The paint job has been put on hold due to a damp weather in Hyd. So i've a choice till tomorrow for the paint job - which one do I go for?

1. Two tone Metallic paint finish Black Base Coat with Purple paint Shift
2. Metallic Base Coat with Purple Sparkle.

any suggestions?

also, I do feel we would need to merge all the RX threads into one (humble opinon)

Cheers!
turbolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 23:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to notice the update late, here're my opinions...
1. Sorry, I don't understand how it looks
2. Its your cup of choice, as I always love the stock look & believe only in performance mods. Like wolf in sheeps clothing

One more common painting scheme here in Chennai is to paint some light color on the twin cradle frame on the front & rear swing arm & giving the motorcycle a stock or custom paint (like white or yellow) look. I like to have such a motorcycle as a second one but not primary.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote