Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 29th March 2009, 21:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

After installing the H4 with expectations, I did not get the optimum light. This was first disappointment. Next my battery drained out. I dont know why. The Zeus was purchased on 12-May-2007. Its not even 2 years and the battery is out cold. The dual horns and indicators have been regularly used. My bike is yet to complete 10K kms.

I think the battery is drained because of the 55/60W bulb.
1) Is this correct ?
2) Are there any chances of my electrical system being damaged like the charging coil or some other thing ?
3) How to ascertain that the charging coil is not bust ?
aaggoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 16:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

Continuing the search for the best bulb...

Had been to the authorised MICO BOSCH dealer yesterday to buy W5BC spark plugh for my gun. Remembering the recommendations here, bought the MICO halogen bulb. I was sceptical, but the guy agreed to take it back if I have issues with it.

Came home, tried it and the illumination is bit less than the Osram halogen bulb which is currently doing duty (details and pics in earlier posts). Not satisfied, I removed it and have put the Osram back. Will return the MICO soon.

The bulb (Maxbulb, 35W) cost me Rs. 60 (Rs. 64 printed). Mfd. date is 2/2009. It made in India stuff.

I guess the only bulb I'v not tried is the new Halonix. Have tried the older one as mentioned earlier.

I guess I'll just go and buy another ordinary tungsten filament bulb and fix it back. Strangely that gave me the best illumination compared to all the halogens I'v tried. :(

Anybody considering a hologen for the sock Shogun headlamp, just dont waste your money and time... strange as it sounds, ordinary bulb is the best.

Last edited by Raccoon : 30th April 2009 at 16:24.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote