Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 11:24   #16
BHPian
 
speedfreak7116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 212
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

No I wouldn't want to add that because I am not kidding... Why dont you bring a Z of your own and we'll settle it like men.. Stop trying to crack dumb PJ's..

I dont advertise my bike with pictures and videos of the street races anymore because some jealous guy like you stole my previous bike which had 22k worth of imported preformance upgrades..
So i got myself another one and have been working on it step by step...

FYI I just beat a Karizma yesterday doing 138kmph on speed gun..

Last edited by speedfreak7116 : 11th March 2009 at 11:26.
speedfreak7116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 17:51   #17
BHPian
 
PhrozenFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 267
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Both bikes looking really good.
@Nandish: Which tyre you using there? Is it a 17 incher?
PhrozenFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 18:10   #18
BHPian
 
crazydiablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore/San Francisco
Posts: 854
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

hey speedfreak, nice to know that you have a very fast RX. No I dont wanna race, because I ride like my grandma, she taught me riding after all. Have fun, enjoy strokers, especially when you are custom fab most things, the joy of that thing flying must be amazing. Enjoy man.
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 18:17   #19
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,508 Times
Default

Speedfreak, we are a bunch of old ladies here... i hope we haven't slowed you down
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 18:30   #20
BHPian
 
PhrozenFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 267
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

[quote=speedfreak7116;1207933]

RXZ sucks in handling.. Now wonder it needed disk brakes...

quote]
How much correlation is there really between handling and disk brakes? I may be slightly ignorant here but I thought that handling was a primary fucntion of the chassis and the tyres, etc. Disk brakes would merely allow you to brake later into corners (something that a 135 equipped with drums would do better?). Please correct me if I'm wrong!
PhrozenFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 19:28   #21
BHPian
 
ScarySkulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Halifax, N.S.
Posts: 623
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Ok. So you weren't joking. You were actually serious. WOW.

in that case,

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
watch you'll struggle to make that bike handle while I skim through..
Very confident of our riding abilities. Are we? I will keep an eye out for your next Combi trackday timings. Under what name/number do you usually run at the track or the events like SpeedRun/Torquenite?
Dont tell me they are far off because all the enthusiasts from Bangalore and mostly complete south go there atleast once a year to refine their skills.



Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
RXZ sucks in handling..
Interesting. When I studied the Yamaha lineup through the years, I always came up with the deduction that the "Z" series always represented their best model from the lineup, into which they put their best of engineering.
Example: RZ350YPVS v/s the LC350 or RD350 or the good ol' R5

Glad you though me a new lesson. Must dig deeper. Top secret info surely.


Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
RXZ sucks in handling.. Now wonder it needed disk brakes...
Interesting Logic again. Maybe that's the reason all Pulsars/Karizmas have disk brakes. If they had good handling, they wouldn't need it. This also explains why most Royal Enfield models never got disk brakes. And the Thunderbird must surely handle like a boat to deserve having one.
Thanks for the Enlightenment again.



Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
I have'nt got all the flashy RDD stuff but I have beaten bikes with them with my own custom made parts..
Any examples? Sorry just being jealous. Please do let me know.
Considering RDD's single biggest product, the CDI's, I was of the opinion that there was no substitute for their control over timing and the curve they provide. What does your custom made part do?
I know this for sure that It surely isn't made using the free excel based or otherwise "Tuning" programs floating on the internet or cracked/pirated of things like dat2t, MOTA etc. because then again, that would leave you worse off than the best of simulators out there? Also, you surely must be having a real "speedfreak" of a PC back home because that's what it takes to run all those simulation of gas dynamics and traces. What RDD's computer does overnight, yours would do it in 10min flat. Right? Not to mention the added advantage of years of development and coding and database of different permutations and combinations tried.

As I said earlier. Just being jealous. Sorry Sir.



Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
But one thing I really appreciate is the 28mm flat slide carb.. Have been looking for one myself for like 4 months now..
interesting. Last I heard, the Keihin PWK's were easily available from Mumbai for cheap. Cheap shipping to your doorstep anywhere in India too.
So what's with the 4 months? Trying to make a custom made part yourself?



Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
I dont advertise my bike with videos of the street races anymore
I'm glad you spared us that. Street racing was always the "Dumb" way. Back in India, I remember reading Bike India's "Chocolate Heroes" section. You surely don't want to be called that over and over again. Right?



Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
because some jealous guy like you stole my previous bike which had 22k worth of imported preformance upgrades..
Well, if you really want to get into money and jealously, then here's a trailer:-
  • The NOS US Spec cylinder kit on the RD alone, back in Ludhiana, will most probably fetch more than your current RX135. And there are almost a 3000$ worth of NOS Indian and US cylinder kits stashed away in the garage.

    Just the exhausts costed 12k including customs and shipping to India

    Just the CDI kit costed 13k

    Just the pistons cost 10k
    This list will go on and on.

    You want more? Ok. While it's snowing and all the supposedly fast Beemers and everything are stuck there spinning tyres madly, my Subaru charges past everyone.

    Summers are coming. We have already started Changing oils and other stuff on my sister's fiance's Dodge Viper GTS coupe and have almost got it ready for the summer. In addition to my own Subaru, the Viper will be my weekend ride.

Now, tell me, when God has been generous and given me all pleasures, do you really think I would be jealous of bike like that?

I have no inclinations of showing off or anything, but if my doing so will help you get shed your kiddish behaviour, so be it. In any case, you are 22 yrs of age now. Doesnt look good on you anymore.


Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
Karizma yesterday doing 138kmph on speed gun..
Reminded me of the good old days when I had one for a daily ride around the town. It used to show 140 on the clock in complete stock form (125 on GPS). With just a filter and exhaust upgrade, top speed quickly climbed to 155kmph on the speedo (around 133 on the GPS) even with the setup not optimized yet. Fantastic bike!


Overall, I get nothing but bad vibes from your post. It seems to me, that you are an over confident and arrogant kid. This is a forum meant to share knowledge. Put your Egos aside when you come here and try and help people.
Learn to be gentle and respect other's opinions OR openly declare that you are MR. Perfect.
Even though I have a busy schedule myself and have almost stopped seeing my earlier fav. ICE forums, I still keep coming back to the Motorbikes forum to help fellow 2 strokers on their path to keep those wonderful machines alive and kicking.
I will stop doing that for a month now. Lets see what meaningful help you can Do with your esteemed knowledge and high held arrogance and ignorance.
You should do well. You already have good knowledge and are used to beating people.

@Mods -> I know this was a harsh post. Please feel free to Delete/Edit out whatever parts you don't like.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 19:59   #22
BHPian
 
praJEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 537
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Speed freak we agree that you own a faster bike, direct attacks is not allowed on this forum.

If you have something to prove prove it out, this an open forum everybody have there rights to express there views. nobody is jealous about tom or jerry or scooby doo bee do. if your bike is getting stolen by posting pics and videos avoid such open forums. and keep the info with you.

Just my 2 cents brother ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
hey speedfreak, nice to know that you have a very fast RX. No I dont wanna race, because I ride like my grandma, she taught me riding after all. Have fun, enjoy strokers, especially when you are custom fab most things, the joy of that thing flying must be amazing. Enjoy man.
LOL what a kidding post
praJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 20:54   #23
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
Wow killer Z's you'll got.. I'd love to race you'll with my 135 5-speed and watch you'll struggle to make that bike handle while I skim through..
what does your bike have that makes it handle better? AFAIK, the RX series 100/G/135/135-5sp/Z have the same chassis???
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 21:16   #24
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,508 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
what does your bike have that makes it handle better? AFAIK, the RX series 100/G/135/135-5sp/Z have the same chassis???
Yeah, the frame is same across the range. Except that the Z has a slightly different rear subframe for the seat.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 16:17   #25
BHPian
 
speedfreak7116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 212
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Hey guys... Cool posts.. But they were too long for me to have the patience to read but I got the general overview...

I said the Z doesn't handle because it is lighter compared to the 135 and plus the seating position is such that on high speed braking you get a lot more fishtail when compared to the 135. This I say because I owned a Z too for exactly 6 days and hated the bike so much that I sold it and got an RD. I enjoyed that bike for a year too but I needed to race my car so gave it away for the money.

Hey scaryskull I dont race my bike on the CBT circuit. I race my car instead. I thought this was a thread on street/cafe racers. Why do you think I posted here???? You might have a superbike doing land speed records. But we're here talking about RX's and not nitrous bikes and RD's. Stay within the context. You started the whole thing with the 'just kidding' post and that just sparked me off because the guy who stole my bike acted all sweet and friendly when he was trying to convince me to sell the bike to him. I said no and he stole it the next day. I have eyewitnesses for the FIR but I didnt know who he was and never found the bike again. So I guess the old memories just got stirred up and I got carried away. I apologise for that.

Next I did not intend to start up a whole fight here.. If you see all my other posts they are pretty laid back and helpful to those who want to know. Its just that I know what a Z is and thats the reason why I pity the gyus who own it.

I dont intend to race anyone anymore. Why do I have to prove a point to anybody else as long as I know what my bike can do and it satisfies me?

I also would not wish to point out,criticise or praise what Mr Ron Chenoy does at RDD. He is good in his own way and so is my tuner. I cannot afford to buy RDD stuff because they are too highly priced for me. I am happy with the custom made parts which cost less than half but are still equally good. Its not to look down upon or anything. I work my *** off 11 hours a day and get a salary to do my bike. I am no rich father's spoilt son to blow money.

SO THATS THE END OF DISCUSSION. Start something new please.
speedfreak7116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 19:05   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore/Pune
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 1,556 Times
Default

SpeedFreak7116,

RXZ lighter than the RX135?

Now that is news to me mate. I have always followed the specs of Yamaha two strokes ever since the RX100 and I always thought that the RX-Z was heavier. IIRC, the RX135 5Speed weighed 108 kilos and the RX-Z weighed 115 kilos. I am talking about the kerb weight. Can the other Team-Bhpians throw some light on this?

Now coming to the tuner whom you say is as good as Ron Chinoy, I would request you to kindly post his details so that fellow Bangaloreans like me could approach him/her for budget mods if we can't afford Ron's prices. Though I do not know Ron on a personal level, he has answered all me seemingly dumb queries and has quoted honest prices, inspite of me being an absolute newbie to two-stroke modding. I am afraid that I cannot say the same about the different two stroke tuners in Bangalore who take undue advantage of people like me. So, please tell me more about your budget 2T tuner. This would also serve as a good word-of-mouth advertising for your tuner.
JayPrashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 12:33   #27
BHPian
 
speedfreak7116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 212
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post

RXZ lighter than the RX135?

the RX135 5Speed weighed 108 kilos and the RX-Z weighed 115 kilos.
True but when we actually got them weighed on the weigh bridge. Both bikes block stock straight out of the showroom and without riders the Z was 8 kgs lighter. Kerb weight is a deceptive statement. My Baleno is supposed to be lighter than a Honda city in Kerb weight but 100 kgs heavier with engine oil, water & coolant, fuel, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
So, please tell me more about your budget 2T tuner. This would also serve as a good word-of-mouth advertising for your tuner.
No can do. We maintain a matter of secrecy because of problems we had earlier with some young kids. I did make it a definite point to mention that Ron is good. He might seem affordable to you but is overpriced according to me. I did also mention that my tuner is equally good. I did not say he was way better or anything.

Also please pay attention to the whole post. I said it was the end of this discussion for me. So please stop asking these controversial questions and raking it up again. Cheers
speedfreak7116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 13:40   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,835
Thanked: 942 Times
Default

Can i get my RX-Z converted into a disc brake on front tyre?
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 16:09   #29
BHPian
 
speedfreak7116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 212
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Can i get my RX-Z converted into a disc brake on front tyre?
Sure you ca. But getting the original 5-speed disc brakes is not possible. You will have to get one from the newer generation bikes.
speedfreak7116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 20:05   #30
BHPian
 
crazydiablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore/San Francisco
Posts: 854
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Finally finished the RXZ just the way i want it. Move to handlebars as clipons are getting too uncomfy. This is a conclusion to this thread from my side.
Attached Thumbnails
RXZ Street/Cafe Racer-dsc02882.jpg  

crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock! v12 Motorbikes 279 14th July 2016 02:03
Café Racer Projects: Yamaha Café Racer is BACK! Chetanya Sharma Motorbikes 24 10th May 2015 15:52
My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6) v12 Motorbikes 92 26th August 2013 20:40
Pictorial Progress: V12's Cafe Racer Project! Updated pics! Gordon Modifications & Accessories 226 23rd June 2013 01:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:28.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks