Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 10th March 2009, 20:37   #46
BANNED

Avenger is the best vehicle for your travel of 100 - 250kms per day as the seating postion gives you lot of comfort.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 20:52   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan
i was just remembering some earlier thread u started and wondering whether you would need to carry any large barrels also on this bike ?
Oh yes, that's one of the key criteria, which he missed out due to oversight.

Visualise headers riding down the highway at 140kmph with a barrel or two on the pillion. That would actually give a new meaning to the phrase 'barrelling down the highway".
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 08:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
The Yezdi was great for long distance commute too, want it ? Only complaint would be the droning sound but I guess on a two stroker, one has to live with that !
The Yezdi is smoother than most 2 stoke bikes if one does not remove the muffler..trust me on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Vikram

you must be crazy to drive 100-250 Kms everyday.
Oh yeah, Agreed Sandeep..I am crazy! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Vikram, like we discussed at yesterday, it would be better for you to explore Public Transportation options and combine that with an occasional drive on your Accent-D.
Biju, its an ACCENT-CRDi, a baleno beater ..REMEMBER,.. An accent D is the older accent with the Peugeot Diesel Engine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
i was just remembering some earlier thread u started and wondering whether you would need to carry any large barrels also on this bike ?
You definitely remember wrong things at the wrong times, Narayan!
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 09:43   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
Biju, its an ACCENT-CRDi, a baleno beater. An accent D is the older accent with the Peugeot Diesel Engine!
I am ignoring the baleno-beater part because not only would it be OT here, but it is just wishful thinking on your part.

OT: I used to be in awe of CRDi technology, but Hyundai has helped shatter that belief. First with the Accent, so many of which I have seen making a big racket (yours is an exception though - maybe due to the care and maintenance you put in) and then the issues that pop-up at 80K kms.

So people said this is because it is a 3-cylinder engine and thus the racket. Ok, fast-forward to the Verna which is 4-cyl and supposedly state-of-the-art. Yesterday at work, there was this Verna-D idling and making the typical diesel-racket.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 12:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I am sure every bike possibly sold has been recommended..

now i was just remembering some earlier thread u started and wondering whether you would need to carry any large barrels also on this bike ?
It would have to be the M-80 for that. i am sure it has not been suggested before either.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 12:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
It would have to be the M-80 for that. i am sure it has not been suggested before either.

naa mate remember its 100-250kms a day we need some thing faster say a Chetak 2-stroke??? one can cruise at 60-70kmph without issues? say what?
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 13:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

Bullet or Karizma koi shak?
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 13:44   #53
Senior - BHPian

Default Bullet of course

For that kind of running one definitely needs a bullet.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 16:11   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
you took the words out of my mouth John...I was about to suggest that..

i have seen many successfully carry large milk cans in the M80 - so the barrels can occupy that space comfortably !
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 16:47   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post

Cheers,
Well he said he has 100 to 250kms to cover.. for that kind of running definitely one needs something that runs

Er... oops...I'm a sitting duck now... Where are the guns?
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 22:55   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Well he said he has 100 to 250kms to cover.. for that kind of running definitely one needs something that runs

Sankar. No need for guns, the bullet is heading for you!

The only other alternative is he goes in for something exotic like the Harley Davidsons, Ducatis, BMWs etc. (not the ones with a crouched riding position).

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 23:02   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post

Cheers,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

Guys trust me he will need more than a bullet, such riding every day the bullet will have oil leakage and other issues and more over he is used to touching 140kmph at least once in a day, so he is better off with either Zma, Comet, Super four, or Might i Suggest A Suzuki Bandit 300or 600???

naa he better stick to his accent or get a verna AT. Hmm..., with verna he will actually have enough boot space to stuff up two barrels. and may be one on the rear seat? well do keep us posted vicky anna.

Last edited by rider60 : 11th March 2009 at 23:03.
Old 11th March 2009, 23:11   #58
BHPian

I have been following this thread for past few days with a lot of interest. I have some similar requirements too. I have driven my Caliber 115 for 77k over the last 6yrs. My average commute is 48kms per day.

My criteria for choosing a bike is 1. Durability 2. FE and then other factors like looks and tyres etc.

I have been looking for options to retire my old horse, but found none really. Unicorns and Pulsars are not durable enough. I have seen too many of those with broken panels and wagging rears. Karizma is good but I am not sure if it can really take the same kind of abuse.

Avenger has too low seating for a guy who is over 6ft tall. Bullet at 200kgs would be too difficult to drag in case it breaks down.

Do let me know when you make a choice. It will help me make mine too!
abdriver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 23:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hey how come none have suggested the Bullet 535s?

I'd also prefer an electric start!

Does the HH Karizma have one?
Well, I was about say Thunderbird TwinSpark or the Machismo 500 - that was from the thread's title alone

But then after a read-thru, i guess Nitrous has a point - 100 to 250 KM per day is a tad too much miles to be spent on two wheels - how about a Verna auto?!!

PS: How about waiting for the Ninja 250 - that way i can sneak a ride now n then too
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 23:37   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
I have been following this thread for past few days with a lot of interest. I have some similar requirements too. I have driven my Caliber 115 for 77k over the last 6yrs. My average commute is 48kms per day.

My criteria for choosing a bike is 1. Durability 2. FE and then other factors like looks and tyres etc.

I have been looking for options to retire my old horse, but found none really. Unicorns and Pulsars are not durable enough. I have seen too many of those with broken panels and wagging rears. Karizma is good but I am not sure if it can really take the same kind of abuse.

Avenger has too low seating for a guy who is over 6ft tall. Bullet at 200kgs would be too difficult to drag in case it breaks down.

Do let me know when you make a choice. It will help me make mine too!

unlike headers you commute is around 50kms a unicorn should do for you, the ones you see with broken panels and stuff are that badly bashed up ones, i would not suggest the pulsar for the unreliable engine and durability issues.

infact the karizma has same kind of issues of body panels ask our tourers may be ravi@64bhp is one them tourers who will give you first hand information as he does insane touring on his Zma.

as per unicorn rest assured man, do the regular services, fill the fuel shut it and ride it its the no non-sense bike. well if its too outdated for you then wait for the CBF 150 from honda thats due for release soon with Semi/full fairing like karizma.

or just go pick up a TVS RTR 160 FI you will not regret that bike. its got best of all worlds will last you well too.

or one of the good 150cc bikes in the market should do for your requirements if you dont want the unicorn.

Last edited by rider60 : 11th March 2009 at 23:39.