Old 2nd August 2017, 08:40   #2791
BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Any Suggestions for a small windscreen for the Thunderbird

Something like THIS

Need something available in India.

Why small is because with minor falls, the instrument cluster takes a beating. If there's something in front of it, there would be lesser chance of it getting damaged
You could reach out to Bhushan from Sahyadri Moto Mumbai. Iím from Kerala and I had some aftermarket add-ons fabricated and shipped by Sahyadri, their visors in particular were better than the ones available in the market as they were polycarbonate ones compared to the acrylic ones which I feel are dangerous as the one I got from another supplier cracked during installation twice!

Here's my in-detail product review:

Sahyadri Moto: AdvenTouring Accessorized
ashwinprakas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 17:11   #2792

Thanks for the information Eko.
Also, in CI Std 350, when cold, are the rings supposed to leave some oil inside the barrel as the piston makes a few strokes?
vishnuharih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 00:05   #2793
eko
BHPian

The question is not really clear. There should be no oil in barrel above the rings. Ideally the oil will be below the rings. If bore is oval, then oil will be left in barrel.
eko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 06:50   #2794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Any Suggestions for a small windscreen for the Thunderbird

Something like THIS

Need something available in India.

Why small is because with minor falls, the instrument cluster takes a beating. If there's something in front of it, there would be lesser chance of it getting damaged

Have you tried the himalayan's windscreen?
starter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 09:14   #2795

Dear Eko,

There was a lot of white smoke coming from this engine. When the bike was left overnight, we could find oil dripping from the exhaust opening on the chamber. Upon removing the bent pipe and inspecting the area, there was oil in between the valve guide and seat. Also, the part of the valve stem outside the guide was black in color, like when oil is burned.

The combustion chamber was removed and sent to the lathe. The cylinder is in its place. Now when I rotate the wheel to make the piston do a few strokes, there is some oil left inside the barrel above the rings.

Is it normal for the oil to come through the end gaps when cold and will this 'leak' end or get increased when the engine gets heated up?

The bore is smooth and shiny with no marks at all. Anyways, will get the bore checked today.
vishnuharih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 14:38   #2796
eko
BHPian

There should be no white smoke at all when engine is running. The white smoke is due to worn valve and guides. I think you have worn cylinder- piston and valve- guides. The machining work to be done in only in reputed places to rectify the faults.
eko is offline   Reply With Quote