Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 14th May 2009, 12:39   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I was searching this thread for info on the detergent content of the oils. I am looking for a 2T oil with high (highest) detergent to clean and clear out deposits.

Please help guys.

Cheers and thanks in advance,
I guess you should be atleast using a semi synthetic oil for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
Not getting time to ride it man am too eager to ride it !!

Today eve will ride it no matter what !!
Keep an eye on the smoke levels too.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 13:17   #137
BHPian

@ Ravendra what u are looking for is JASO FD certified oil . Please take the trouble to go through the pages on this thread and the links that i have posted . I think this thread should be made a sticky with regards to good two oils and how to find out what is what .

As of now the no oils sold in India state that they are JASO FD certified not even Motul , probably because they do not use that rating system . Petronas Sprinta 5000 and Motul 800 2T are the only other syth oils available in India as of now with Shell Advance VSX2 being semi syth , locally availble and cheap . I also have read Agip fully syth is available at Yamaha showrooms but i havnt seen or used that oil nor have i heard of any feedback.

so the order of oils in India as i would rate it now as per JASO ratings would be :

Motul 800 2T - Fully Syth
Petronas Sprinta 5000 2t - Fully Syth
Shell Advance VSX2 - Semi Syth

all u guys with connections with shell out there please use them to get them bring in more shell advance vsx2 since i hear stock is drying up really fast !

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 14th May 2009 at 13:20.
2StrokeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 14:56   #138
Senior - BHPian

Called up both the Shell bunks in Poona. The 1st one said they don't have any 2t. Got the number of one of the supervisors of the other bunk. He said they only have the lower grade 2t oils that come in white bottles. No VSX2. But he offered to check if its available at other bunks and bring them specially for me, if available. Don't like this idea, as I'd then be forced to buy it without even getting to see the bottle, etc.

The Petronas guy also says there are no immediately available stocks for the fully synth (5000). Current price quoted was Rs. 317. :( And I don't feel like using the semi synth 4000 when it just says meets JASO FC when what I'm using (Jet X) exceeds FC. I seriously don't think its worth the trouble to get the old oil out and go thru all the jazz for that. May also face availability issues later. On the other hand Jet X is always very easily available.

Damn... still no viable options other than $%&@! Castrol! Why can't we get any FD oils in India???

Last edited by Raccoon : 14th May 2009 at 15:00.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 17:25   #139
Senior - BHPian

Bike is running lot smoother after 15 kms..

Smoke seems to reduce as bike was running on mineral oil earlier.

I think it will frther improve !! Am satisfied..

Go hell with certifications :P
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 17:16   #140
Senior - BHPian

I just changed to the Petronas 5000 at 861 kms. Will go for a long ride at night and then report back.
Old 15th May 2009, 17:30   #141
Senior - BHPian

Dudes, it seems Motul now has a India specific website. I found 3 new 2t oils mentioned there. Two of them have the newest and highest JASO FD rating! Currently no oil seems to have this rating in India. I'm intrested in the 510 (Technosenthese) as it should be sanely priced. Please see the picture.

This is how a website describes it -

Quote:
Motul 510 Powerlube 2T

Synthetic-blend with new anti-smoke properties, 510 Powerlube 2T is a special formula for In-town and off-road 2-stroke engines. Can be used in all injector and premix systems. 510 Powerlube 2T dramatically reduces deposits Within the engine and exhaust pipes. It also reduces the sticking of piston rings.
As you know, the new JASO FD standard means that the oil has far higher detergent properties compared to FC. Which means clean engine, ports, exhaust, less need for physical decarbs (with their attendent risks) and more power.

However upon inquiring with the Marketing Manager of Motul, I was told that this product has still not been imported to India from Motul France, as the market for 2t oils is considered small. He however said they will definitely consider importing (directly from France) if more people ask for it. I'd really suggest all those intrested to call him and show interest in the product. IMO this will be the best product to use as it has the highest rating and at a sane price compared to expensive synthetic products of lower rating and which are mostly indicated for drag racing, etc.

His number is 9920844428.
Attached Images

Last edited by Raccoon : 15th May 2009 at 17:31.
Old 16th May 2009, 03:53   #142
Senior - BHPian

He had told me the same thing when I asked him about these 2. The Motomix is made in India.
Old 16th May 2009, 12:03   #143
Senior - BHPian

^^^Hmm, is it?? Hope it isn't a patented answer. :( Seems 2t oils just aren't going to evoke much intrest because of the shrinking market... added to that most Indian users propensity to use anything that is cheap and looks like an oil.

And hey, how was your ride with the Petronas 5000?
Old 16th May 2009, 13:12   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^Hmm, is it?? Hope it isn't a patented answer. :( Seems 2t oils just aren't going to evoke much intrest because of the shrinking market... added to that most Indian users propensity to use anything that is cheap and looks like an oil.

And hey, how was your ride with the Petronas 5000?
I guess we should ask if whether he will import it if we buy an entire carton.

I couldn't go for the ride because the bike was running too rich and the spark plug got fouled. Just left the bike with the mechanic to get that sorted out.

Took a short test ride there and I could tell the difference. Its running smoother and there's less smoke too. Once I pick it up in the evening, I'll check how it's performing at high revs.

While I was running in, I was getting an average of 29 kms/liter with the Motul. I'm going to top her up tonight and check the mileage again.
Old 16th May 2009, 14:38   #145
Senior - BHPian

But what would we do with a carton?? I don't know about you... but my usage is kinda on the low side... given that I have another bike & car too. We need more buyers man. :( Can only hope other guys reading this show intrest in the same.

So you running on autolube? How exactly did you increase the pump's output to make it richer?
Old 16th May 2009, 15:18   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
But what would we do with a carton?? I don't know about you... but my usage is kinda on the low side... given that I have another bike & car too. We need more buyers man. :( Can only hope other guys reading this show intrest in the same.

So you running on autolube? How exactly did you increase the pump's output to make it richer?
One Motul carton has 12 bottles, unlike Petronas, which has 16.

The bike was running rich because of more fuel, not oil. If its getting more oil, it means the bike is running lean.
Old 16th May 2009, 17:45   #147
Senior - BHPian

Oh sorry... guess I read it wrong.

I doubt they will import one carton. When I asked, he said it can be considered... he will check with Motul, etc. But if there is demand for more cartons, then they will definitely import.
Old 20th May 2009, 10:31   #148
Senior - BHPian

I've ridden 142 kms with the Petronas oil and I can say its superb so far. Its made the bike smoother overall but mainly at high revs there's a big difference compared to a normal oil. It has reduced exhaust smoke as well.

I'm going to stick to it religiously.
Old 20th May 2009, 11:54   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I've ridden 142 kms with the Petronas oil and I can say its superb so far. Its made the bike smoother overall but mainly at high revs there's a big difference compared to a normal oil. It has reduced exhaust smoke as well.

I'm going to stick to it religiously.

yes it is good i hope it doesn't get discotinued !!
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 13:06   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
yes it is good i hope it doesn't get discotinued !!
It will not be discontinued, it will just become more expensive as they get new stock.