Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 20th May 2009, 15:07   #151
Senior - BHPian

As it gets more expensive, it may find fewer buyers. Fewer buyers means lesser intrest to import it.... or for shopkeepers to stock it. Hope the newer stocks are at least FD rated.

Hope Motul will import the 510. Hopefully it will be priced at around the range the semi-synthetics are selling. Have found more people who would be intrested in the product...

Is anybody here interested in the Motul 510 (mentioned above, imported from France)?
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 03:06   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
As it gets more expensive, it may find fewer buyers. Fewer buyers means lesser intrest to import it.... or for shopkeepers to stock it. Hope the newer stocks are at least FD rated.

Hope Motul will import the 510. Hopefully it will be priced at around the range the semi-synthetics are selling. Have found more people who would be intrested in the product...

Is anybody here interested in the Motul 510 (mentioned above, imported from France)?
Depending on the price, I wouldn't mind trying a can.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 11:39   #153
Senior - BHPian

Petronas is making bike smoother and smoother .. am Enjoying it , Smoke level has gone down a lot.

Less Ring noise !!
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 16:57   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Depending on the price, I wouldn't mind trying a can.
Price is of course the factor. Otherwise we can all just use the v expensive Motul fully synth 2t which is the best.

Hope I get a +ve response from them.
Old 21st May 2009, 19:31   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Price is of course the factor. Otherwise we can all just use the v expensive Motul fully synth 2t which is the best.

Hope I get a +ve response from them.
I would prefer to stick to the Petronas. Motul is too expensive for everyday use. If they can get the 710 and if its around 350-400 bucks the it its alright.

I just stocked up another bottle of the 5000 2T for the rains and a 2000 4T for the gearbox.
Attached Thumbnails
All about Two stroke (2T) oils-img_0524.jpg  

All about Two stroke (2T) oils-img_0525.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2009, 00:48   #156
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Thanks for the pics!

No ways Motul 710 (fully synth) will come that cheap. Motul is a French Import and Petronas Malaysian. I'm hoping the 510 will be priced where the other semi-synths are, if at all they bring it to India.

Also remember, Petronas isn't even mentioning what base stock its using etc. It may not even be a true synthetic. Motul is Easter based and all... and thats expensive to produce.

As for Sprinta 2000 4t - its 20W50!!? Dosen't RX also need 20W40? Whats the price anyway? I don't see a JASO rating either. Consider the Gulf Pride 4T Plus. Very good semi-synth oil. Made my CBZ-x smoother with better pick-up. Heats up less too. Price Rs. 200 (with discount). API SL, JASO MA2.

Last edited by Raccoon : 22nd May 2009 at 00:58.
Old 22nd May 2009, 02:47   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^^ Thanks for the pics!

No ways Motul 710 (fully synth) will come that cheap. Motul is a French Import and Petronas Malaysian. I'm hoping the 510 will be priced where the other semi-synths are, if at all they bring it to India.

Also remember, Petronas isn't even mentioning what base stock its using etc. It may not even be a true synthetic. Motul is Easter based and all... and thats expensive to produce.

As for Sprinta 2000 4t - its 20W50!!? Dosen't RX also need 20W40? Whats the price anyway? I don't see a JASO rating either. Consider the Gulf Pride 4T Plus. Very good semi-synth oil. Made my CBZ-x smoother with better pick-up. Heats up less too. Price Rs. 200 (with discount). API SL, JASO MA2.
The Petronas Sprinta 4000 is the only semi synthetic I know of. Which others do you know?

The 20W-50 works better when I ride for long periods and everything heats up. Its made the gears smoother now. I have even tried the Castrol full sythetic oil in the gear box which was 5W-40. Next, I'm thinking of trying the Petronas Syntium full synthetic in the gear box.
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:25   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
The Petronas Sprinta 4000 is the only semi synthetic I know of. Which others do you know?
Semi synths for what? Gearbox? As I said Gulf Pride is one... and its great. I'm tempted to try it in my gun's gearbox next time I change. Elf, Valvoline are also options.

The Castrol fully synth you mentioned must be CP1R. Its 10W40. How did you find it??

At least I wouldn't use a 20W50 where a 20W40 is recommended. Other things aside, it will create more drag...
Old 23rd May 2009, 04:45   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Semi synths for what? Gearbox? As I said Gulf Pride is one... and its great. I'm tempted to try it in my gun's gearbox next time I change. Elf, Valvoline are also options.

The Castrol fully synth you mentioned must be CP1R. Its 10W40. How did you find it??

At least I wouldn't use a 20W50 where a 20W40 is recommended. Other things aside, it will create more drag...
I thought you were talking about semi synthetic 2T oil.

I had used the Castril Edge which is 5W-40. Its a good oil but my clutch plates were bad that time so didn't really get a good idea. After the rains I'll try a synthetic oil in the gearbox.

So far the 20W-50 has not had any bad effects on the gear box or clutch feel. I think its better that the 20W-40 Motul I was using.
Old 23rd May 2009, 14:18   #160
Senior - BHPian

I was talking about the oil for the transmission. I guess we have discussed almost all the currently available 2t oils already.

Castrol Edge for gearbox?? :o Why not CP1R? (Castrol Power 1 Racing) Have you tried that? Motul fully synth is known to outperform that though.

I was just looking at empty bottle of Castrol Jet X which is in my bike right now... and I notice that it no longer mentions its semi-synthetic! Intriguing... have they downgraded the oil and increased the price or what....??

Last edited by Raccoon : 23rd May 2009 at 14:23.
Old 23rd May 2009, 14:22   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was talking about the oil for the transmission. I guess we have discussed almost all the currently available 2t oils already.

I was just looking at empty bottle of Castrol Jet X which is in my bike right now... and I notice that it no longer mentions its semi-synthetic! Intriguing... have they downgraded the oil and increased the price or what....??
The Castrol Jettx was never semi synthetic as far as I can remember because I have never seen those words on the bottles I've used. Not even on the '07 bottles I have posted on page 1.
Old 23rd May 2009, 14:48   #162
Senior - BHPian

No, I definitely remember the words 'semi synthetic' mentioned on the bottle. Maybe it was prior to 2007... probably prior to when it started carrying the 'Power 1' label.
Old 24th May 2009, 06:30   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, I definitely remember the words 'semi synthetic' mentioned on the bottle. Maybe it was prior to 2007... probably prior to when it started carrying the 'Power 1' label.
The first time I bought Jettx, it was for 170. The next time I went it was for 200 .
Old 24th May 2009, 15:29   #164
Senior - BHPian

^^^Hehe. Now its higher than Rs. 200 for 1 lt. Thats what I said - they seemed to have removed the semi-synthetic part (label, at least), and keep hiking the price. Castrol is all about average products at premium prices.

Spoke to someone from Motul. Was told they are importing the 510 and it should take about a months time.
Old 24th May 2009, 16:01   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to someone from Motul. Was told they are importing the 510 and it should take about a months time.
Thats good. Whom did you speak to? They should really get the 710 instead of the 800.