Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 20th August 2010, 13:11   #346
Senior - BHPian

If Motul is advising against it, there will be a reason. Maybe the effects will be observed over time. Maybe the metering would be altered due to its viscosity.

Yes, its really too much hassle to empty the oil tank. I did it 2 - 3 times earlier when I'd changed oils, but now I just don't have the time. And its a pretty sticky job too. :( Still, be careful not to let the level go too low. You just might get air bubbles in the system as the last bit of oil will move around in the tank lot more when the bike is on the move. The min. mark is there for a reason.

I probably would like to use the 510 henceforth, but I'm apprehensive about the availability. As I said earlier, if they can't sell some min. quantity, they will may not import it again. And that would be really bad as hardly any other choices exist for 2t other than the MAK and Castrol Super TT goo. Even Shell VSX2 wasn't available at any of the Shell bunks I'd been to in the past.

Last edited by Raccoon : 20th August 2010 at 13:12.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 16:52   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Put in some Motul 800 in the 2t oil tank last night. Lets see how it feels.
So how does it feel, esp. when compared to Motul 510? Have been unable to use my bike much due to the rains. So the tank still has Jet X close to the min mark. X
Old 30th August 2010, 22:04   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
So how does it feel, esp. when compared to Motul 510? Have been unable to use my bike much due to the rains. So the tank still has Jet X close to the min mark. X
Because of its thickness, the Motul 800 is a bad choice for anything other than summer, with the oil pump. The cold starts were bad, often requiring 2-3 kicks. But once the bike warmed up it was smooth.

Honestly, I've had a leak in the exhaust because of which the bike has been sensitive to the weather changes lately so I'm going to try it in the summer once the leak is fixed. I might just get a new exhaust from Yamaha.

I'm back to the 510 now and will stick with it till April unless, they get the 710.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 23:58   #349
Senior - BHPian

Hmm... interesting. So its best not to use 800 with the pump. I'm really waiting to try out the 510. 2t oils last like forever in my bike...
Old 31st August 2010, 12:22   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Hmm... interesting. So its best not to use 800 with the pump. I'm really waiting to try out the 510. 2t oils last like forever in my bike...
With your kind of riding, its going to take forever to tell the difference between the oils as well . You need to ride the bike around 100 kms before you can tell.
Old 31st August 2010, 12:49   #351
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Yes, am well aware of that. Its not just that my riding is on the lower side - the bike drinks very li'l oil, esp. while riding in city.

As for covering 100 km, I just need 1 to 1.5 highway runs for that, and I can cover that. But thats not happening in the rains. :(
Old 11th October 2010, 12:39   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Default 4t

Sorry to go OT,
Can I buy Motul 4T oil on-line(debit-card/transfer)?
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 20:04   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I'm back to the 510 now and will stick with it till April unless, they get the 710.
I checked with Motul Chennai distributor and they never had any 510 before and 710 is out of question. I was desperately searching Motul 710 for my RX since it is fully synthetic and suitable for autolube, where as 800v can be used only as pre-mix according to Motul website.

I again called the Motul Chennai office, they said might get me sometime soon. When inquired about Motul 710, they said, it has to be imported as they do not have stock even in Mumbai office.

Having said above, could you please let me know if Motul 710 is available at your city?

Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thanks.
SriramEfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 19:33   #354
Senior - BHPian

There's only 1 bottle of 510 left now in Mumbai as I bought 2 sometime back and I will mostly pick that one up as well soon.
Old 14th October 2010, 00:16   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
I checked with Motul Chennai distributor and they never had any 510 before and 710 is out of question. I was desperately searching Motul 710 for my RX since it is fully synthetic and suitable for autolube, where as 800v can be used only as pre-mix according to Motul website.

I again called the Motul Chennai office, they said might get me sometime soon. When inquired about Motul 710, they said, it has to be imported as they do not have stock even in Mumbai office.

Having said above, could you please let me know if Motul 710 is available at your city?

Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thanks.
Dude, if you go thru earlier posts, you will get all your answers. You need to contact the Motul management (numbers given earlier) if you are serious about sourcing 510. You will need to persevere. And the bigger the demand, the more likely hood of them getting it in your city. Try getting some of your friends to buy it too, if possible, etc.

As for 710, forget it.
Old 14th October 2010, 17:56   #356
BHPian

Gurus,

I got my 135 rebuilt about a month ago, retaining it's stock specifications. Filled up Shell 2T(white can) engine oil. Absolute pleasure to drive. 250 odd kms later decided to replenish with Advance VSX (green can). There is now a noticeable roughness to the engine accompanied by starting trouble.
On a related note, I was using the same White can Shell 2T as premix for wifey's Scooty with good results - Smooth engine etc. Started premix with Advance VSX (35ml/liter - same ratio as earlier) around the same time and the Scooty has started displaying similar behavior.
Need suggestions on resolving this issue - One alternative is an hour over the weekend replacing the petrol mix.
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 02:18   #357
Senior - BHPian

^^^Maybe you got a spurious bottle?
Old 21st October 2010, 15:48   #358
BHPian

Default Diff

@straight6

Can u comfirm that Shell VSX2 is similar to Mak 2T as i read your post before.I am asking for 2 reasons..
1.I wanted to try VSX2 as I think Shell is one of the best lubricant manufacturer in India and i trust only Shell.
2.You mean to say Bharat Petroleum lubricants (i.e Mak 2T) equally good like Shell(i.e VSX2), thats intresting.

I own a Yezdi Classic.
oilmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 16:10   #359
BHPian

Default Re: All about Two stroke (2T) oils

The 2T tank on my RX100 has developed a leak at the lens cover. In spite of changing the lens/gasket twice the leak is persisting. I've been suggested to replace the entire tank but I don't want to do that just yet.

Solution is to go the premix way with my local RX mechanic recommending 60 ml to a liter. Does that depend on the oil being used (Shell 2T|VSX/Motul 510/Servo 2T)?
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 17:07   #360
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Re: All about Two stroke (2T) oils

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
The 2T tank on my RX100 has developed a leak at the lens cover.
Use a good sealant along with the gasket. The job is not being done right.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote