Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 4th May 2009, 21:54   #106
Senior - BHPian

I spoke to the regional manager of Shell today. He said that the VSX2 has been discontinued and they are expecting it back by September. They don't have any fully synthetic oil in India.

He said there might be 3-4 cartons of VSX2 old stock that he will let me know about. Its for Rs.170 per liter.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 14:31   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
It was me its still easily available in shell bunks here.
have you tried it ??

Last edited by chiragh_bir : 5th May 2009 at 14:32.
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 22:01   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
have you tried it ??
I was earlier but not now, pretty good oil and vfm.
praJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 00:17   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
He said there might be 3-4 cartons of VSX2 old stock that he will let me know about. Its for Rs.170 per liter.
Rs. 170 /litre sounds good! Jet X on the other hand is 118 + 118 = 236 /litre! How does it compare with Jet X btw?

And btw, Jet X is still very easily available here. The few shops I asked asked for 2t oil (I was actually looking for Petronas) here all pushed Jet X in my face as the 1st thing! Nobody had Petronas.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 03:14   #110
Senior - BHPian

So they only have 500 ml bottles of Jettx there huh?
Old 6th May 2009, 15:32   #111
Senior - BHPian

^^^I guess there will be 1 lt bottles also... but 500 ml is definitely more common. Haven't checked that carefully. The only 1 lt bottle I held in my hands was for Rs. 200; but it was mfd. in 2007. Price would surely have changed since then.

Yesterday, I called up and got the number for Petronas guy in Pune. He said he dosen't know about 2t oils, but will call tomm. He just called and told me only semi-synth is available for Rs. 80 /500 ml. Price is again much better than Jet X, but will it really be better than Jet X??

About the fully-synth he said he would call me up if/when its available.
Old 6th May 2009, 15:36   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Because its meant for 2 stroke engines.
i know its used for 2 stroke engines. why 2"T"? , not 2"S"?
siddartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 15:39   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
Have any of you people used Silkolene 2T oil, made by a company called FUCHS. I used to use it for my Shogun & it was good. I don't know if it's still available.

CHEERS,
G D

the brand is amaingly good

but i have never seen even 1 bottle in india
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 15:50   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^I guess there will be 1 lt bottles also... but 500 ml is definitely more common. Haven't checked that carefully. The only 1 lt bottle I held in my hands was for Rs. 200; but it was mfd. in 2007. Price would surely have changed since then.

Yesterday, I called up and got the number for Petronas guy in Pune. He said he dosen't know about 2t oils, but will call tomm. He just called and told me only semi-synth is available for Rs. 80 /500 ml. Price is again much better than Jet X, but will it really be better than Jet X??

About the fully-synth he said he would call me up if/when its available.
Did you ask him if he's talking about the 4000 or 2000? They are both semi-synthetic.

Petronas doesn't make 500 ml bottles as far as I know so confirm that with him once again. You hould try it and see if its better than Jettx.
Old 6th May 2009, 17:22   #115
Senior - BHPian

^^^I vaguely remember him saying its 4000. Whats the difference between the two?
Old 6th May 2009, 22:54   #116
BHPian

im heading out tommorow to the closest shell bunk to pick up a litre of VSX2 tommorow . will post up what i find !
2StrokeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 04:03   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^I vaguely remember him saying its 4000. Whats the difference between the two?
They don't import the 2000 here as it doesn't make sense. The difference would be in numbers like junkie posted earlier.

I say you should try a bottle of the 4000. I'm pretty sure it would be much cheaper than Jettx and just as good as it, if not better.

I just checked the level of the oil today in my bike and it looks like its going to last for more than 1000 kms. Athe time of writing this, the bikes done 615 kms and the level was a little above half. I can't wait to start using the synthetic oil .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
im heading out tommorow to the closest shell bunk to pick up a litre of VSX2 tommorow . will post up what i find !
While you're at it, check if its still easily available and for how much. Like I had mentioned earlier, they have discontinued it here as told to me by the manager.

Last edited by straight6 : 7th May 2009 at 04:05.
Old 9th May 2009, 17:07   #118
BHPian

hey just picked up a litre of shell advance VSX2 2T today . 160 bucks a litre . 83 bucks for 500 ml . 2007 old stock . new price is supposed to be 120 bucks for 500 ml but i cant say for sure . It says JASO FC on the old stock bottle , havnt seen the new stock bottles . The new stock of normal Shell Pure 2T costs around 100 bucks . Shell Advance says its synthetic based . I find my bike smoother and a bit more rev happy , or maybe thats just psycological . I think we need to create more demand for this brand , it seems like it hardly sells since they still have alot of old stock left from 2 years ago ! Need to inform other 2 strokers about this and get people to switch frm expensive Jettx to cheaper and better shell advance .
cheers

ps: the shell bunk in my area did not have stock of shell advance .
2StrokeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 17:23   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey just picked up a litre of shell advance VSX2 2T today . 160 bucks a litre . 83 bucks for 500 ml . 2007 old stock . new price is supposed to be 120 bucks for 500 ml but i cant say for sure . It says JASO FC on the old stock bottle , havnt seen the new stock bottles . The new stock of normal Shell Pure 2T costs around 100 bucks . Shell Advance says its synthetic based . I find my bike smoother and a bit more rev happy , or maybe thats just psycological . I think we need to create more demand for this brand , it seems like it hardly sells since they still have alot of old stock left from 2 years ago ! Need to inform other 2 strokers about this and get people to switch frm expensive Jettx to cheaper and better shell advance .
cheers

Where did you buy it from? This is cheaper than even MAK 2T.

Did you have some of the older oil when you put this in or did you drain out the older oil?
Old 9th May 2009, 17:29   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
cheers

If I remember right, the new ones should read 'exceeds JASO FC' not just FC or 'meets JASO FC'. This was the case with Jet X also.

I guess even the Petronas 2t (4000?) retails for around the same price as you've mentioned.

Last edited by Raccoon : 9th May 2009 at 17:33.