Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 30th April 2009, 08:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

He used a tuned Zma for the Nandi hill climb. IIRC, it was an Xbhp member Kushanth's bike ridden by Joel. Unfortunately, Joel's Fiero crashed enroute to Nandi. Some villagers/cattle caused the mishap when one of Joel's pal was riding down to Nandi for the practice runs I guess. So, our Joel uses Kushanth's Zma and manages to blast his way to the top.
JayPrashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 20:46   #17
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Hey shankar, thats the crankcase breather contraption. Helps in dropping crankcase temperature to a great extent. Not recommended for street engines though.
Just trying to learn, why shouldnt we get a crankcase breather setup for street engines? What are the hamful effects?
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 20:59   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Just trying to learn, why shouldnt we get a crankcase breather setup for street engines? What are the hamful effects?
Water & contaminants getting into the engine through the breather.
Rider getting contaminated by oil.
Bad for environment (fingers crossed )
etc etc...

For a focused track/drag tool such things are part and parcel but for a daily rider when u are expected to reach office nicely dressed such things would become a problem.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 21:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! You are really an inspiration.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 21:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Amazing Job Joel
can you shed some light as to how does the Air fuel ratio meter work?
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 22:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Good job. I was under the impression that you were getting support from Pangaonkar and crew but this is obviously not the case.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 15:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
He used a tuned Zma for the Nandi hill climb. IIRC, it was an Xbhp member Kushanth's bike ridden by Joel. Unfortunately, Joel's Fiero crashed enroute to Nandi. Some villagers/cattle caused the mishap when one of Joel's pal was riding down to Nandi for the practice runs I guess. So, our Joel uses Kushanth's Zma and manages to blast his way to the top.
Hey Jay, a few corrections here.
My Fiero didnt crash (heck, its a drag bike), instead it was my modified Track Spec RTR 165. Some stupid fellow ran across the road out of nowhere.
I rode the Karizma which I tuned and yes belongs to Kushanth, for the Hill Climb.

@AnanthKamath - No man, I have nothing to do with Mr Arvind. These are my works and my bikes.

@akshay4587 - The AFR picks inputs from the O2 sensor for readings.

@Sankar - You made my life easy by explaining
BTW, I'll clarify now how many bikes I have and for what.
I have 4 bikes, a 200cc Fiero, 165cc Drag Fiero, Track/street RTR and a Track R15.
State of tune,
Fiero 200 - When last checked it pumped over 21bhp and its still street legal. Top speed was 145kmph last when checked on the gun in 2007 with a stock cam. Awaiting a rebuild and more works when I get free. Need to crack 100mph.
Fiero 165 drag - Already doing sub 15 secs q'tr mile.
RTR - In the modified trim clocked 136kmph in 800mtrs, again stock cam. It has a stock Group D avatar as well if I wanna ride at the circuit for a championsip.
R15 - Stock pipe and everything stock visually. Planning some tweeks next week.

@snoop - Have I gone higher on sprokets? I have not left any stone unturned ;-)
Sir, its a tuned freeflow exhaust and not an expansion chamber . Its tuned for the least backpressure, hence its a megaphone.

@vIp3r - Thanks man, its just that I never posted my stuffs on this forum.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st May 2009 at 21:05. Reason: 2 smileys max please.
fieroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2009, 07:15   #23
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Water & contaminants getting into the engine through the breather.
Rider getting contaminated by oil.
Bad for environment (fingers crossed )
etc etc...

For a focused track/drag tool such things are part and parcel but for a daily rider when u are expected to reach office nicely dressed such things would become a problem.
I should have made my question clear. I wanted to know what happens if this is done in a car. The breather filter being under the hood and well protected. I know this is off topic in a bike thread, sorry! But the modifications section for the cars doesnt have a discussion on this topic. I'm no rider, I'm terrified of bikes.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2009, 08:12   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Joel how about dedicating a thread each for your bikes Do post up info wrt to the Zma too, it would be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I should have made my question clear. I wanted to know what happens if this is done in a car. The breather filter being under the hood and well protected. I know this is off topic in a bike thread, sorry! But the modifications section for the cars doesnt have a discussion on this topic. I'm no rider, I'm terrified of bikes.
People already do it in tuned cars. Some guys stick a small crankcase breather filter into the the positive crankcase ventilation (pcv) outlet instead of routing it back into the engine. Few others prefer to use an oil catch can (occ) and route the pcv into the occ and from occ back into the intake.
Old 2nd May 2009, 11:57   #25
BHPian

This crankcase breather idea was in my mind for a long time and I didnt realise people really do it abroad. I also have an oil cooler in mind, not for now but when the engine gets another 4-5bhp

@sankar - ya man will have new threads for my other bikes too.
Old 2nd May 2009, 17:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Finally, finally you put up a thread for the Beast you created.

awesome videos and drag times mate, am looking forward to seeing the final Drag times this dragster beast is going to achieve all the best with the same mate. kudos
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2009, 19:29   #27
BHPian

hey joel hows the bike running now on the TMs ? 14 secs seems quite fast tho in the vid the bike looks more like 16- 17s
2StrokeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2009, 18:37   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Joel do update the thread when you put on TM.
Old 4th May 2009, 13:19   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
hey joel hows the bike running now on the TMs ? 14 secs seems quite fast tho in the vid the bike looks more like 16- 17s
I dont have a video of the sub 15 sec run man. These were a few casual launches. During the timing runs, our boys were busy with a stop watch and signalling, so none trapped the visuals. I'm doing sub 15 and not early 14s. Dont wanna reveal the actual times that i clocked for some obvious reasons.
Havent put the TM yet man, some circuits were clogged, coz its a used carb and was unused for a very long time. Still stuck to the CV.

@sankar - Sure man, but it will take a while. I'm doing some set-up changes, so the next testing will probably take close to a month, with the TM for sure.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:17   #30
BHPian

Howz your luck favouring for a flatside, sikthaa ilva !!
praJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote