Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 7th July 2009, 01:34   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Seems all the players are waiting for the other player to launch first.

When Yamaha launched R-15, thought they are different from the regular Indian players. Now, Yamaha is one of them. At least they could have put a 180 cc mill in this bike.
180cc s are ' unheard of ' capacities in yamaha's product catalogue but I am positive that they will bring a 250 into the market as they have been the only bold independent manufacturer to have brought an alloy beam frame, full fairing and other goodies on a "150cc" 4-stroke bike and also dared to charge over a lakh for it, the only question remains when ??

I am thinking they will first flood the market with their 150cc offerings to help increase the market share and then bring about the 250s and above. Remember we guys are still a minority, crying out loud for bigger bikes, the majority still ride on and PREFER riding hair dryers for bikes. Patience people, yamaha will , I am sure WILL blow our minds with their upcoming products..
nitro.1000bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 02:17   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
180cc s are ' unheard of ' capacities in yamaha's product catalogue but I am positive that they will bring a 250 into the market as they have been the only bold independent manufacturer to have brought an alloy beam frame, full fairing and other goodies on a "150cc" 4-stroke bike and also dared to charge over a lakh for it, the only question remains when ??

I am thinking they will first flood the market with their 150cc offerings to help increase the market share and then bring about the 250s and above. Remember we guys are still a minority, crying out loud for bigger bikes, the majority still ride on and PREFER riding hair dryers for bikes. Patience people, yamaha will , I am sure WILL blow our minds with their upcoming products..
We have been hearing those excuses since looong time. Why a 150cc from Yamaha? Why not a 250 cc?? People are not buying R-15 because it is 150cc; for the features it offers. Even at 1.1 lakh it became a huge hit. They could have easily plonked a higher capacity mill on R-15. Same case with Fazer.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 7th July 2009 at 02:21.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 03:12   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
If you are refering to the R15, IIRC its a steel frame and BTW the 150 twins were created specifically for India as well.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 07:23   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
If you are refering to the R15, IIRC its a steel frame .....
Wow I had'nt bothered to check it all this while, Should say Yamaha have done a pretty good job of hiding it under those.... watever.. "Frame covers" I guess
nitro.1000bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 08:35   #80
Senior - BHPian

I think launching another bike with the fazer name in India could be a bad move. The name has already been ruined by the older bug eyed bike. Heck, the bike ain't nothing new, can't they atleast give it a different name?
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 11:33   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
.. launching another bike with the fazer name in India could be a bad move. The name has already been ruined by the older bug eyed bike.
Yamaha is so confident of their earlier bug eyed disaster, they think that people may not even remember that there was ever a Yamaha by that name.

Yamaha is tryin to bask on their videsi Fazers glory.
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 11:54   #82

I doubt the old Fazer name will "faze" the sales of the new bike :P. The design is instantly recognisable as the new FZ with fairing and the "aam junta" has become smart these days.
Wheel_Spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 13:15   #83
Senior - BHPian

Give us a 250cc engine please!!

I was excited by the old post which said 250 cc engine.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 13:41   #84
BHPian

Default Yamaha Fazer TV Ad

Yamaha Fazer TV Ad

Nice, isn't it?
Karizma Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 14:23   #85
Senior - BHPian

The bike looks nice, especially the fairing.

I wish they would launch more powerful bikes for touring.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 14:26   #86
Senior - BHPian

Very nice ad. Really appeals to the touring spirit in you.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 15:19   #87
BHPian

hey guys lets be honest ..

as Nitro pointed out here there isnt much of demand in numbers for the 250 + cc bikes...Coming to reality .Yamaha was very much in a bad situation for the past couple of years..and they are building up a base so that they can think about expanding their portfolio ..

We were crying about yamaha not introducing any 150 cc bikes till recently ...Now they have done that ..probably they need to have some more time before they launch anything big .

And if we go by their international portfolio , they will be ones who can introduce a 250 or higher cc bike with the best quality and design ! The bikes will be real 250+ than the name sake ones that we have currently in India ..

cheeeeeers !!
rejoycjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 20:30   #88
Senior - BHPian

The bike looks smashing without doubt, just as its "street fighter" sibling FZ16. It seems to have every ingredient to be a hit in the market. Though Yamaha has been dead over last decade, fortunately, people still love Yamaha (unlike Fiat in cars).

But again, it's the same 150 cc engine at heart. I have been waiting forever for Yamaha to launch 250+ bike in India and I am not in a hurry. I am hoping that, this bike does well for Yamaha to spread its customer base and help launch bikes with bigger heart in near future.

I've been waiting for another Yamaha and I am ready to wait for another year or two. Till then I'll enjoy my good ol' fun machine, RX135
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 20:40   #89
Senior - BHPian

it's a show stopper for sure, what a change from what we had before to what we have now. way to go Yamaha.
amit V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 02:31   #90
BHPian

Well this bike is great i have rode the bike a number of times and it feels really good and firm and planted am going to be booking the fazer in a 2-3 days dont know what the wait period is so i hope to get it soon the bike does seem overpriced but overall its amazing the only thing that annoys me is the bloody side stand which is oddly positioned anyway more inputs when i get it...
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote