Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 28th May 2009, 23:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

In the first place, it would have been a good idea to make sure the transfer takes place within a fixed period of time. Since that hasn't happened, you should go ahead and inform the 'new owner' that you plan on filing a complaint. If that doesn't scare the person, go ahead and get the job done.
I'm not sure if you will be held responsible for not doing the needful from your side ( if any, ie).
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 11:34   #17
BHPian

+1 to Anjan and Beejay. Just make sure you get him to sign on it with a revenue stamp. And then you are fine... Else as the others say, file a police complaint.

I would suggest file the complaint rather than telling him, else he will also try to carry out some smart a** job.
turbo_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 12:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12 View Post
+1 to Anjan and Beejay. Just make sure you get him to sign on it with a revenue stamp. And then you are fine... Else as the others say, file a police complaint.

I would suggest file the complaint rather than telling him, else he will also try to carry out some smart a** job.
If I am not wrong, a revenue stamp will not make any difference from a legal point of view. BTW, the person who bought my Uno has not transferred it even after one month. But he is known to me and I have copies of all forms signed by him along with copy of his ID. He has promised to get it transferred this week.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 12:39   #19
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
file a stolen complaint and give the tip to police about the new owner.
Its very important that you file a police complaint immediately. Your bike could be used for the next bombing activity by the P.I.Gs (Pakistan Inspired Goons). You are getting the drift I presume.

Next you will have to send the TO form to the RTO office by registered post with acknowledgment due.
I had a similar problem with the Padmini I used to own.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 14:11   #20
BHPian

Also very importantly put the dates on all the documents you sign, and force to purchaser to get it transferred within the stipulated time limit (i.e 15 days), else the validity of form 29/30 expires.
Turbo Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 14:26   #21
BHPian

Hi Ashish,

Please complete the transfer asap. from personal experience I had sold my bike in 2002 and the new owner did not transfer to his name. Sadly a few months later he met with a accident, was drunk and got killed on the spot. I was out of the country and my folks got a call stating that I was killed in a accident. My parents freaked out completely and for a while did not realize that the cop said in a bike accident in Chennai. all well in the end but the agony they went through was shocking. I dont mean bad here but anything is possible so please transfer asap.

Best Regards,

Srini
Srini76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 16:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
a revenue stamp will not make any difference from a legal point of view.
The cops will accept it. That is a safe guard against them turning up at your door step if the new owner does something wrong.
turbo_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote