| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|21st June 2009, 04:27||#1|
Join Date: May 2008
Thanked: 2 Times
Karizma 5th Gear Problem..Please Help
Hi, A 2003 model karizma purchased second hand was discovered to have a rather serious problem. The bike accelerated quite smoothly through all the gears but when you shift into 5th at whatever speed, after a few seconds it automatically shifts back into fourth, proving very dangerous at high speeds.
1. The clutch plates were changed.
2. The center line packing used was inferior quality and idiots had used double packing, which was corrected as well.
3. Then we discovered that duplicate packing was used all over so the entire packing for the engine etc.. was changed.
3. There was a small part of the shifter inside which was fitted incorrectly(dont know the exact name) that was corrected and fitted according to the manual.
4. Basically, we went by the book and every part was examined for undue stress or wear and tear but to no avail. The gearbox was then assembled after making sure all the parts were present, but the problem persists.
If anyone has faced such a problem on any other japanese bike(as I 'm assuming the gearboxes would be similar)as well Could you please post a detailed explanation as to how the problem was fixed....any and all help will be appreciated.
|24th June 2009, 12:00||#2|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Thanked: 1,553 Times
i faced kinda same problem when my zma's gear box broke.
it would not engage into 5th gear.so i had to get gear box stripped open again,and it was caused due to incorrect part usage,almost same structure of the internal shifters,just small difference.
|24th June 2009, 14:37||#3|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Thanked: 54 Times
the dog legs might be worn out .. or u r mechanic might have missed a small washer .. LOL
Also check if the shifter drum grooves are worn out or the shifter drum has any slackness .
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Rumour: Hero Karizma, Karizma ZMR production stopped||Aditya||Motorbikes||45||21st November 2016 11:36|
|I have lost the '1.5th Gear' of my Tucson - Pls. help me find it||kamal.sn||Technical Stuff||33||15th August 2011 11:47|
|Swift 2nd Gear Problem EDIT: Now first gear problem||BUSA||Technical Stuff||85||2nd September 2009 18:47|
|5th-gear noise?!||ghostrider4385||Technical Stuff||25||7th February 2006 00:07|
|5th gear presenters!!!||Shan2nu||Shifting gears||7||12th February 2005 18:10|