Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 19th October 2009, 13:10   #31

Default HSR Services !!

I booked a TBTS in HSR services. They committed to deliver it in 15 days or before.. It is already 19 days and now they says they are not sure when they can deliver. ! :-(
pradeepkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 13:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepkm View Post
I booked a TBTS in HSR services. They committed to deliver it in 15 days or before.. It is already 19 days and now they says they are not sure when they can deliver. ! :-(
And you made a full down payment too, i guess?
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:09   #33
BHPian

If, as the paranoid motorists claim, it really is HSR ghost-posting, full marks for effective use of social media. Sad they chose one of the most cynical groups I have seen online, though.

As a prospective RE buyer currently researching three key dealers in BLR, I must say my own personal experience at HSR has been the best. The absolute worst was the RE Brand Showroom in Jayanagar (@Kuttapan). Teknik almost makes you file a Right to Information motion before they'll part with info! So, please give the guys credit for trying at least.

@pradeepkm, As a customer, you are entitled to a honest estimate of when your product will be delivered to you, and yes, it is frustrating when there are delays. I completely buy that point.

Someone else said that HSR is just a rebranded Agro. To be pedantic, HSR is located behind the old Agro building, and not in the same one.

For all the buyers and by-standers who have been burnt or heard horror stories of RE dealerships, what did you do about it? Did you try and reach out to the company who - lets face it - is at least putting some effort in their marketing/branding these days?

Measured cynicism towards any brand communication is healthy - but you should also be willing to appreciate effort towards betterment, especially from those brands that have been lacking until now.

Feel free to add to this list, but auto brands that will FOREVER be viewed as undeserving on T-BHP are:
- Royal Enfield
- Fiat
- Skoda

avkurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avkurian View Post
my own personal experience at HSR has been the best.
Ok point taken.

Now have you compared it to a dealer who sells Yamaha products? Say a R15. Both in the same price range. Sell in probably similar numbers too.

Or is this the best from the worst type of deal?

We compare FIAT to a Maruti.

We compare Skoda to a Honda or Toyota.

Not one dealer to another of the same brand.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Ok point taken.

Now have you compared it to a dealer who sells Yamaha products? Say a R15. Both in the same price range. Sell in probably similar numbers too.

Or is this the best from the worst type of deal?

We compare FIAT to a Maruti.

We compare Skoda to a Honda or Toyota.

Not one dealer to another of the same brand.
What would that achieve.? , Comparing dealers.?
RP_812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:40   #36
BHPian

@Spitfire: Speaking from personal experience again, I have decided to buy a RE Std 350 come hell or high water. I don't think the Yamaha showroom is the right place for this.

Simple example: If BS Motoring were to review the Yamaha R15, can you think of at least 1-2 other bikes they can compare it with? I can. Not so for the RE. If they had to compare an RE, it would have to be another variant from RE itself. So, for a person buying an RE, there is no other showroom they can go to and check out similar offerings. If the buyer decides to see what Yam/Honda/Suzuki offer, then thats window-shopping, and not really a buyer who has decided on an RE.

I would not agree with your assessment that since they are in the same price range and probably sell in similar numbers, they can be compared head-to-head. Would you compare a RE Machismo 500 with a Tata Nano?

Same with the car dealers as well: If I was set on a Linea, no amount of customer-service at a Maruti dealership would swing me over to an SX4.

The decision between vehicles of similar offerings is an early stage, taken when you are able to fix on a budget. When at this stage, I recommend that you do this study on T-BHP And when you have fixed on which brand/model/variant you are going after, you then start your search for a dealer. If the experience with the vehicle and the dealer have been good, by all means put up a post so that others know.

I am sure you have noticed the slow but steady change in tone on posts related to Fiat cars and their after-sales service.

Ask Obama: Change does come, and peace will prevail
avkurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
What would that achieve.? , Comparing dealers.?
A lot actually. Simple example, we get to know who is better to deal with.

I am thinking you are talking same product different dealers - RE here in this case.

Quote:
I don't think the Yamaha showroom is the right place for this.
Your first post was about who is the better dealer from the lot we have to deal with when buying bullets. And it said that HSR is the best of the lot.

My simple comparison was buying experience when it comes to other makes. The "Customer Service".

Where does HSR stand then.

I am not comparing a R15 to a Bullet.

Last edited by Spitfire : 23rd October 2009 at 12:46.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

Please delete this post.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:45   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Feel free to add to this list, but auto brands that will FOREVER be viewed as undeserving on T-BHP are:
- Royal Enfield
- Fiat
- Skoda
Just cant agree with this. Wonder how fellow members can agree with this.

Either you havent read n number of threads appreciating their products OR have difficulty in making out cynical from critical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post

am sure if the same "newbie nishru" had posted a poor review of HSR, we would have all lapped it up like hungry puppies........ sad but true.

food for thought i am sure.
Pls dont be so fast in summing up things. Blindly agreeing for unsupported claims are far more dangerous than being cynical; at least it wont harm anyone.

Let nishru come up with some prrofs/ facts to his claims. until that point this will look like some ad post.
anoopap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:

I am thinking you are talking same product different dealers - RE here in this case.

Your first post was about who is the better dealer from the lot we have to deal with when buying bullets. And it said that HSR is the best of the lot.

My simple comparison was buying experience when it comes to other makes. The "Customer Service".

How is anyone going to judge against a Yamaha Dealer VS a Bajaj Dealer Vs a RE dealer?
What are the parameters ?

Everywhere we have anamolies , not every customer is treated the same in the same dealer , maybe a problem with the customer ?

All that Nishru was trying to put down his thoughts.

Doubting a person just because it is his first post is insanely idiotic , IMHO.
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:12   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
How is anyone going to judge against a Yamaha Dealer VS a Bajaj Dealer Vs a RE dealer?
What are the parameters ?

Everywhere we have anamolies , not every customer is treated the same in the same dealer , maybe a problem with the customer ?

All that Nishru was trying to put down his thoughts.

Doubting a person just because it is his first post is insanely idiotic , IMHO.
First things first, I am not to be blamed for your limited understanding of what I wrote. Don't "assume" that I am doubting a person. It make you not me the first 3 letters of that word.

Second no need to get personal.

Read again. If you don't understand don't bother replying.

Now coming to your question. How to judge Yamaha, Honda and RE Dealer. The same way you judge a FIAT, Maruti and Skoda dealer.

I have bought products from all three mentioned above and the RE experience has been the worst. This due to the fact that RE themselves does not bother to listen to comments from customers but instead directs you to their thick skinned dealers.

I am no buddies with any mechanics/garages as I believe I should get what I paid for as I paid what the person/dealer asked for.

PS: Who is Nishru?

Last edited by Spitfire : 23rd October 2009 at 14:14.
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:57   #42
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
First things first, I am not to be blamed for your limited understanding of what I wrote. Don't "assume" that I am doubting a person. It make you not me the first 3 letters of that word.

Second no need to get personal.

Read again. If you don't understand don't bother replying.

Now coming to your question. How to judge Yamaha, Honda and RE Dealer. The same way you judge a FIAT, Maruti and Skoda dealer.

I have bought products from all three mentioned above and the RE experience has been the worst. This due to the fact that RE themselves does not bother to listen to comments from customers but instead directs you to their thick skinned dealers.

I am no buddies with any mechanics/garages as I believe I should get what I paid for as I paid what the person/dealer asked for.

PS: Who is Nishru?

Ok , Lets Chill , I never blamed you for anything.

[/quote]PS: Who is Nishru?[/quote] , Hes the guy who started this thread.
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:09   #43
Senior - BHPian

The single picture posted on this thread looks more like a Machismo than a Classic to me.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:44   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
The single picture posted on this thread looks more like a Machismo than a Classic to me.
That's because the title of this thread is 'Biking Nirvana - RE 500cc Machismo LE'

Some serious Classic fever going around!
GreaseMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:25   #45
Senior - BHPian

Oh sheesh.

Guess the Classic getting at me. I thought I read someplace the thread starter bought a Classic.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote