Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 10th July 2009, 21:56   #46
BHPian

Hi guys

Got my new bike today. will give my updates soon.
sam_sant2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 01:35   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Why to get rid of the central stand ? Is it for aesthetic reasons or for something else ?
People dont use it 90% of the time, then why have it.

Reduce weight, increase clearance and better looks. Most sport bikes and super bikes dont even have one.

Servicing might be a problem.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 19:25   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

actually not just servicing, there are a few places(inclines) where the center stand comes in handy

Congrats Sam, we will be waiting for a review
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 11:27   #49
BHPian

duh,

I thought Pulsar 220 launched a year back! which one is this?? upgraded one? What changed??
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 12:41   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
duh,

I thought Pulsar 220 launched a year back! which one is this?? upgraded one? What changed??
hmm guess you havent been following the developments on the biking front

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...rb-not-fi.html (Bajaj set to launch killer performance bike! EDIT - Its Pulsar 220 DTSi (carb not Fi))

This thread will give you the details on the new bike.They have launched the 220 with a carb and some changes.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 23:24   #51

Default First service completed.

Finally took out time today and spent the entire day at pbk (shreeram bajaj at ghatkopar, Mumbai). Got caught by pandus twice on my way there because of the temp number plate. Getting No. tomorrow for sure.

PBK were not so happy that i had removed the main stand. I told them about the main stand bottoming out and they said that no one till today has complained about that. Anyways, told them about vibes, they say that it cannot be helped. The guy who was working on my bike didnt seem that technically sound. Felt like giving that @#$% a piece of my mind a few times but then I somehow calmed down.

Anyway I was not too happy with my experience, good part was that I was overseeing each and everything what they were doing.

Coming to the technical part, Air filter was cleaned and engine oil changed. My main problem and concern was regarding the bike jerking and rpm fluctuations etc. So they opened up the carb. cleaned jets . Tried adjusting the AFR (together with CO meter all the time) with & without air filter. Checked the spark plugs. Exchanged them from left to right[. Again tried adjusting AFR and idling RPM. Checked the Auto choke but everything was fine with it. Then They opened the Cyl cover to check tappets. Re adjusted tappets ( On what basis that #$%^ did it , i dont know ) Again tried adjusting AFR . The tappets were making too much noise ( coz i think he tightened it too much) then again opened it up and readjusted. This time that @#$% opened up the side cover to see the Piston position Indicator. Then everything was fine. AFR adjusted properly. I asked him how many turns from fully closed, he said he didnt count . (I believe more than three). Just took a pic while they were adjusting tappets.
Still i had my doubts whether the problem was solved or not.

Took the bike then for a small test ride and the bike did feel a little more crisp unlike the sluggish feeling before.

After everything was over gave the bike a nice teflon coat. When it was time to leave, it started raining and by the time I reached back home, bike was fully covered in mud and dirt. In between on the highway the Low oil level ind started flashing ! I just lost my mind looking at it. Somehow in the rain, stopped the bike on the highway and checked oil level. It showed normal. Then started the bike and the light stopped flashing.
I didnt get chances to revv her much . The PBK guy told me still not to go above 70 - 80. While coming back had a nice small empty stretch, thats when I Unleased all 21 horses.

Those 20 seconds made me forget everything

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th July 2009 at 23:31. Reason: Please avoid cross post/ copy paste from other forums. removing smilies with links to external site, limit smilie's to 2.
Lancer_vkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 19:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

lancer_vkz
So that was an average experience at bajaj A.S.S
Seems the mechanics arent well verse with everything of P220. Also why did the oil level light light up? Has it come up again or just one off case? Good that you finally unleased all 21 horses, experience must have been yummy..

Can you tell me what is the seat height of P220? Am thinking of getting 1 around Dec and my height is 5"6. Drove a friends FZ S today and felt comfortable on it, seat was at a good level. Either i will buy a FZ S or a P220, am more inclined towards P220 for its sheer power and hamara Baja tag.
Dont know whether i will be comfy on a 220 with my height.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 21:00   #53
BHPian

@coolboy007:

height is 'just' right for a 5'6" which Im also one!

seats are wide so some places the height can be a problem. While pushing the bike backwards sitting on it, IF theres a small bump then rest u can guess!!!

For a 5'6" feet WONT be 100% planted. Around about 85%, but then it also depends on how much 'thick' your thighs are... hehehe!!!

Im pretty much around 65kgs so for me as a whole its kinda 90% fine.
Old 15th July 2009, 21:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
@coolboy007:
For a 5'6" feet WONT be 100% planted. Around about 85%, but then it also depends on how much 'thick' your thighs are... hehehe!!!

Im pretty much around 65kgs so for me as a whole its kinda 90% fine.

With gods grace thighs are just good, i weigh 68 kgs. So i think i wont have much of a trouble riding Pulsar. If not 100% planted, then maybe i may just be able to get 1 leg planted down and other on bike. Why oh god? Why Regarding pushing bike backwards, i use Activa and know how difficult it is to push backwards such heavy things. Its only 40 kg diff between Activa and Pulsar.

Am a bit worried about Pulsar rep (no offence), have any Pulsar owner experienced "police wallahs" stopping them for no reason for checking purpose? My dad told me that they were stopping black pulsars today near dwarka. I dont want to get a FZ S but am confused now and dont want Pandus to stop me.

Still my heart says P220 will be mine in Dec..

Last edited by coolboy007 : 15th July 2009 at 21:43.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:40   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
lancer_vkz
So that was an average experience at bajaj A.S.S
Seems the mechanics arent well verse with everything of P220. Also why did the oil level light light up? Has it come up again or just one off case? Good that you finally unleased all 21 horses, experience must have been yummy..

Can you tell me what is the seat height of P220? Am thinking of getting 1 around Dec and my height is 5"6. Drove a friends FZ S today and felt comfortable on it, seat was at a good level. Either i will buy a FZ S or a P220, am more inclined towards P220 for its sheer power and hamara Baja tag.
Dont know whether i will be comfy on a 220 with my height.
I really dont know why the oil level light came up. Has just happened once till now. Seat is a bit high. im 5'9 and its perfectly fine with me. I think you should be comfy on a 220 but the best way to determine that is just go and take a test ride !
Lancer_vkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 14:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

I was browsing through the website of bajaj pulsar 220-the fastest india and man that site is as good as the bike. Funzone section is good and website is uniquely designed. Conquer website thingie is cool.

@ Lancer_vkz,
How is the gearshifts in your ride? People earlier complained of false neutrals and bad shiftings. Also dont forget to give your mileage report though with 220 who cares about FE
I will keep sticking to this thread till DEC as will get my Red or Black 220 by then.

My bootscreen (startup screen) of my PC has changed to P220 now, thanks to bajaj website -funzone. Cant wait to get my hands on the bike.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 18th July 2009 at 14:38.
Old 18th July 2009, 21:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Hi guys

Got my new bike today. will give my updates soon.
Hi Sam,

I know that you are busy enjoying the bike. Please give your updates.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 21:57   #58
BHPian

Default My short review

@PatienceWins:

Tell you what guys previously being a Pulsar 150 owner Iam to 'careful' with the running in period. So time being driving very slow and steady. So I thought its better I write my review later on. But anyways since Iam being requested let me do the same!

Gearbox and Clutch (if the news is true that its from the same company which supplies to Honda), then well no doubt IT IS GOOD. Gears are slotting in correctly. Clutch is effortless. At times the gear is tight, but that I think its bcoz the bike is new. will be better after a couple of services.

POWER, obviously is amazing. Iam so tempted to 'take OFF' but then running-in fears grip in (PS:I had exchanged my 3 month old newly bought Std Bullet), so just imagine I have been driving slow for last 4 months now

MILEAGE, havent got the correct calculations since the initial filling was done by the dealer which Iam not sure of. Anyways it IS above 40 for Sure and I ride in 55-65kmph with 70% traffic. Will update actual mileage soon when it gets reserved once more.

RIDING & HANDLING, cant say by now. But I had a chance of hard braking when one car slammed on the brakes in front of me, WELL ITS GREAT. bice bite by the disc, although rear is less in bite. Suspension is awesome and I felt very confident while braking.

No other issues till now. IAM 100% HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE.
People say Iam mad to drop a RE Bullet Std for a Bajaj bike, but man by far Iam satisfied with the quality and performance. Anyways lets see. My old P150 DTSi never let me down in the long 5yrs that i Owned her so expecting same thing from P220 too!!!!
Old 18th July 2009, 22:37   #59
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sam.

I read in many places that it is a great bike with good gear shifts, ride, handling, decent mileage and great power.

Some guys complained about engine getting very hot. Do you face this?

Good to know that you are happy with the bike. That is what matters rather than what others think. Enjoy!!
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 22:41   #60
BHPian

Don`t really like the front dome of the bike. I wish they offered the new powerful P220`s engine with the styling features of the new P 180.

Last edited by Abbas : 18th July 2009 at 22:42.
Abbas is offline   Reply With Quote