Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 3rd July 2009, 16:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Pollution check for YAMAHA 2 Stroker

This is not a AD for the any kind of tunner.

i have been using the RDD CDI for some time now it was on my RX 100 and then converted the 100 to 135.

i am running 3% of whatever 2T oil they sell at IO petrol pumps. don't use any fancy fully synthetics and all that.
my bike does not emit any kind of visible smoke even on high speeds of early morning starts with choke switched on. (I had to face a engine seizure cause of no smoke like 2 years back)

today i got a Pollution check done and compared it with the previous one.

Rite after the engine rebuild the pollution check was like this

CO Measured level was 1.63
HC Measured level was 3680

this is dated 30 Jan 2009

got a pollution check done now
dated 03 July 2009
CO Measured level was 0.09
HC Measured level was 1683
The guy at the Pollution check was surprised and said "Bhai saab bahut dino baad aye ho. aur aapki hi ik aisi yamaha hamare paas ati hai jiska PARDUSHAN clear ho jata hai."
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

This is chinoy's magic,isnt it
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

indeed it is i would not have bothered to check what the figures where if chirag would not have told me his.
Old 3rd July 2009, 18:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Do you even believe the figures doled out by these pollution check meters?

When is the last time you've seen a person getting higher than allowed levels?
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 18:16   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Do you even believe the figures doled out by these pollution check meters?

When is the last time you've seen a person getting higher than allowed levels?
it happened to me in bangy a few years ago on my KB100. they simply refused to give me the certificate. i was using an oil mix in the tank (can't remember how much). i had to fill up a few liters of just petrol from a nearby pump and then i got passed.

Last edited by silver_shadow : 3rd July 2009 at 18:17.
silver_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 19:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Thats a rare case. Mostly these pollution checks are more of a joke. I wont be surprised if the readings are something like tyre pressure gauges... lol!

Has anybody ever compared the readings for the same vehicle from 2 different places on the same day or so?

Silver shadow, instead of finding a way around like that, you should have tried to find the real cause for higher emissions from your bike!

Last edited by Raccoon : 3rd July 2009 at 19:10.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 19:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

I knew this all was going to come about the inacuracy of the pollution check centers. i am not sure how much Delhi Govt takes care of this. but my bullet has not been able to pass the pollution check for last hmm... it has actually never passed since i have owned it. my rx 100 has failed it many times. and this is at the same pollution center and a center in chandigarh it is the 28 sector one i think.
Old 5th July 2009, 16:34   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^ Thats a rare case. Mostly these pollution checks are more of a joke. I wont be surprised if the readings are something like tyre pressure gauges... lol!

Has anybody ever compared the readings for the same vehicle from 2 different places on the same day or so?

Silver shadow, instead of finding a way around like that, you should have tried to find the real cause for higher emissions from your bike!
dude, when you are 20km from your house, it's rush hour and you have to go right through the heart of town to get back what would you do? fit a new piston/rings/bore?? which is what the problem was and i already knew it
silver_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote