Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 1st September 2009, 16:03   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
where are the pics? any further delay will cause penalty
extremely sorry for the delay throttleking, its been long two days but i am drowned in work. A little more patience will yield the fruit.

Last edited by GTO : 1st September 2009 at 17:47. Reason: Please do not type in full BOLD
blurust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 21:23   #47
BHPian

Default First Ride Report.

Here goes guys,

The Most Awaited First Ride Report of Machismo 500 A.K.A Roxanne.

FYI : This is all strictly my opinion, i mean no offence to fellow Team-Bhpians.

The Delivery:

So saturday evening i called the brand store about the registration number if they have recieved it and they gave me a green signal, so Roxanne was ready to be delivered. Sunday morning i got up and was ready to go get her home. I reached there and she was being waxed and polished. Man is she a looker ?, me thinks hell yes. .
She was shining beautifully and she was ready for the delivery, I paid the balance money and said my thanks to tha manager ( Nilesh ) , who made it all smooth.
A little ritual of lemon squeezing and coconut breaking was done and she was mine. Straight to the petrol pump and she was fed.

The Ride :

She handles like a charm, She takes the potholes and bumps beautifully, without any sign of despair. I would not compare her with any other bike because that would be unfair. I must say bullet as i have known it to be, is not the best engineering. Its the decision made by heart not by the mind, Often i have read people talking about quality control on bullets and stuff, which makes me sad but again this is a very debatable topic, I will not say the quality control is good but its definitely not bad. But anyway off to the ride quality.
I love the stability, no matter how bad the road is, its stable unless you make any mistake. You handle her well, ride it carefully and she wont embarass you. You ride her like a maniac thinking, 0h 500 cc power and all that locomotive torque is to throw her around and show off and trust me you have had it. I figured owning a bullet is not just going from point A to point B using all that torque, its more of an impeccable blend of Class, Character, and Charisma which makes you love the roads all the more and just when you are riding her, it lets you forget everything else and just enjoy the ride. I'd say what a perfect way of going from point A to point B, if that's what you are looking for. True for every bullet irrespective of her name, capacity or her color, its sheer pleasure and the love in your heart for classics untouched by time. The only thing which differentiates new models would be a little touch of modern changes which now enables people to atleast consider buying a bullet. I speak thru experience, I have known people who used to think bullets are not easy to handle, but i always thought its the other way round after i had my first jist with her eight years ago and i knew if it is going to be something for me , its going to be a bullet ( Not considering the circumstances which made me buy a unicorn, just out of financial issues, neverthless i loved her ).

Manouvering her is generally easy, not much of a hassle around the streets of Amchi Mumbai. The only thing is that it is certainly not an out an out city bike. she has her hang ups, she has her tantrums and she has her weight full of metal for you to e able to handle her. So i'd say travelling to office and back home on roads jammed with traffic will definitely add up to your mental and physical fatigue. She heats up real quick and you can feel the heat when you are stuck in traffic and waiting for that annoying light to turn green. One thing i noticed though, that the heat is bearable, I might be wrong but i remember being on a cast iron baby standing on the straffic signal literally feel the sheer heat of the engine, which for me got a little too much, i will not lie. I think this probably could be because of the aluminium block ??

The mechanical clatter is very noticeable, even when you are cruising on a speed of say 40kmph. Some people found it ammoying, but really it does not bother me too much. It could be purely because when i was on the way to make a decision as to which one it is going to be, I said to hell with the mechanical clatter, i will have no problems living with it. So works for me.

The trottle response is so much better than the standard. The delay is there, but not as much as the standard. I am not sure as to why, probably something too technical which i dont understand, so cannot really put it in words. Again no offence to anyone here. This is all what i noticed. I mean i ride my friends machismo 350 1991 model and i can notice a change in the response.

Idling is completely different as compared to CI. It is a little faster in the stock condition and I am sure it can be changed by various mods. But again I would say If you want thump, Standard is the one to go for, not this one.

Vibrations are there and I love them. I know but no vibration will only take RE towards Harley ? or triumph maybe ?.
They are definitely a little more than 350 CI or Thunderbird.

The power, what do i say ! crazy is the word. She has so much torque. I just love it. The pulling power is awesome to say the least, specially in third gear. All i can say is WOW.

The Engine is not very smooth right now as she just has 68 km's on her, but i think she will get smoother after the first oil change.

Just one thing i would really like to mention is I have read in other forums here that a lot of people think that standard is the original bullet, I would just say i think any other bike except for standard also spells the same character, class and like i said charisma. The only thing is they have different skins and made for different people with different tastes and different purpose. You buy a royal enfield, you guarantee yourself s second stare and respect. And again this is the decision made by your heart not by your mind.

In the end i would just say if you are looking for character , respect and a bike that you would love to keep forever and then pass it on to your next generations. Then you have reached the destination.

Pics coming soon guys, sorry again for the delay.

Happy Riding.
Old 1st September 2009, 22:56   #48
BHPian

Really nice write up, Sir.

Looking forward to the pics now.

Regards,
Mantri G.
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:47   #49
BANNED

I know I am off topic here... But, I have a friend called roxanne, who was quite shocked wen i showed her this thread!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 22:18   #50
NIP
Senior - BHPian

blurust...very nice writeup man, really enjoyed reading that !! Thanks for sharing !! But like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. And for not posting any so far, you are hereby penalized to post minimum 10, very detailed, hi resolution pics. Happy Thumping !
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 13:09   #51
NIP
Senior - BHPian

*bump* Reality check !!! Lost with your bike in dreamland !???
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 10:15   #52
BHPian

Reality check !!! Lost with your bike in dreamland !???

No man...crazy crazy crazy week..lots of rains, laptop died, and yes lost with the bike is the reason too..
already ready with the pics, just need to upload them..so in a couple of days..

Thanks a lot guys for bearing with this.

Happy riding !
Old 7th September 2009, 11:21   #53
BHPian

hi blurust : its been so long i am reading this thread, just got my account approved, so cannot wait to say, very nice write up. Pics please lol
shan2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 17:12   #54
BHPian

Default Pics !!

Hey all,

I know I am really late on this one and i apologize for the delay.
I am attaching the pictures of Roxanne finally.

Like you guys said they have to high res, so here they come.

I just had some questions which i wanted to ask you guys..

She has completed 420 kms by now, almost there for the first service..
I wanted to buy a new horn for her as somebody had stolen it so should i get her a bosch or a roots one..?? Just anyone of these, which will not take a toll on the battery i guess.

Thank you all for your patience and guidance and Oh !! she is running in absolutely woderfully without any problems .

Happy riding !
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a Dug Dugi..!! Machismo 500 LB - Edit : Roxanne is in the house.-04-copy.jpg  

Buying a Dug Dugi..!! Machismo 500 LB - Edit : Roxanne is in the house.-05-copy.jpg  

Buying a Dug Dugi..!! Machismo 500 LB - Edit : Roxanne is in the house.-08-copy.jpg  

Buying a Dug Dugi..!! Machismo 500 LB - Edit : Roxanne is in the house.-25-copy.jpg  

Buying a Dug Dugi..!! Machismo 500 LB - Edit : Roxanne is in the house.-37-copy.jpg  

Buying a Dug Dugi..!! Machismo 500 LB - Edit : Roxanne is in the house.-36-copy.jpg  

Buying a Dug Dugi..!! Machismo 500 LB - Edit : Roxanne is in the house.-16-copy.jpg  

Buying a Dug Dugi..!! Machismo 500 LB - Edit : Roxanne is in the house.-32-copy.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by blurust : 24th September 2009 at 17:15. Reason: Mods : - Please edit it to pics on page 4
Old 24th September 2009, 17:25   #55
BANNED

"create you own road"! thats what comes to my mind after going through the photos of your 500 bullet!

Bullet is one bike which can never go out of style of fashion! NEVER!

keep it...let it get old, it will be priceless for your kids or grandkids!
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 18:26   #56
BHPian

The pictures are brilliant!!!

Espcially the one front profile in the pavement is a magnificient picture, A Perfect Wallpaper Pic.

The wait for the pictures was worth the while.

Happy Thumping Mate.
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 19:33   #57
BHPian

Amazing.. Love your ride & Appreciate your passion. Kepp her sparkling & always Good in health. Run her in nicely.

Congrats again & happy riding.
shan2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 20:11   #58
Senior - BHPian

Enjoy the bike! A tip - overfilling engine oil in this bike can mess up the seals, given the oil pump it has, and it is easy to overfill, if you read the dipstick the wrong way. On a bike that has been unused for as little as 48 hours, you may find that there is no oil on the dipstick when you check it cold, and lure you into topping up. Read the dipstick only after you have run the engine for a ten minutes, shut it down, and waited for a couple of minutes. That is when you will get an accurate level reading off the stick.
And the bike runs a lot sweeter as it gets past the 3000kms mark, it takes that long for everything to bed in fully.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 20:39   #59
BHPian

You will fall in love with her more and more as the years go by. Tinkering, setting, cleaning, etc...she would literally talk to you..if u listen to the beat. A missed beat and u will know something is just not right.

Once done with your first service take her out and let her loose on the highway.. not rip but just enjoy the ride and cruise . take care for the first 3000Kms and set your engine as these bikes are literally hand made. once set, she will give you years of trouble free rides and never let you down. Trust me, I have an AVL - Machismo 2001, 4 speed left gear shift and she has never left me in the lurch on any of my rides even to Leh and there aint another bike to do long trips on, like a bull.

Nice pics btw.

Happy riding Blurust.
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 22:34   #60
BHPian

Looks great. I see a LOT of chrome in the pics. How do you propose to maintain the sparkle in a seaside city such as Mumbai? My chrome bits started rusting by year two, even with a weekly wipe.
Edsel Rulez! is offline   Reply With Quote