Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 5th November 2009, 14:51   #91
Senior - BHPian

Duplicate post. Please delete

Last edited by PatienceWins : 5th November 2009 at 14:52.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 15:22   #92
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
Have seen the poor quality RE Std 350 fight and win the high quality precise Jap bikes many times over.
Any examples?

Regards
Spitfire

Last edited by Spitfire : 5th November 2009 at 15:23.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 18:20   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I would not have complained if Michael Jackson walked properly whenever required (Reliability), forget moonwalking (sound of the engine) which is a byproduct.
I dragged Michael in here, regret it now. Pls keep the King out of the satire. May his soul rest in peace.
As I said before, I LOSE . My bullet is reliable and so are other bullets people I have known( with good care), may be we are just lucky. Let's stop this argument and give Shashank his thread back.

@ spitfire, sir i do not have any examples of Bullets outrunning any other bike in any character. I LOSE, . Lets give the thread back to the starter.
ashokrajagopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 21:26   #94
Senior - BHPian

Hehe!

The OP would have long unsubscribed from the thread. I am surprised that the mods have not used the scissors here.

@Ashok

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Its great that you love your Bullet and it loves you.

I fail to understand why everyone is bent upon proving that a particular bike is not an original RE. If you feel so, don't buy it.
Its a personal perception. There is no debate!

If you want to debate about something, it could be about what sets RE apart from the other manufacturers.

I think the point is that if some dancer comes along doing better moonwalks than Jackson, the fact that Jackson was the original should not stop us for appreciating the new guy!

By that logic, Yuvraj Singh is pretty useless as he isn't Tendulkar.

Just chuck this stupid discussion. Lets talk about the 350 std and the Electra.

Now that it'll be pulled off the shelf soon, anyone going in for the 350?
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 00:09   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
The OP would have long unsubscribed from the thread. I am surprised that the mods have not used the scissors here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Now that it'll be pulled off the shelf soon, anyone going in for the 350?

Yours truly is still here . Even though after starting this thread, I bought a Machismo, rode it for 3 months, felt like a poser, gave it off to a cousin.

Booked my Standard 350 around 16-17 days back, waiting for the delivery.
Shashank.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 22:41   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Desi, you'd call that clubman "not a real bullet", but you'd call the Standard 350 a real Bullet even though that too is by no means what it was when the Bullet was launched?
I would call a club man a club man not a bullet. or a bullet clubman but for sure not a bullet.
as for the model name it self. it is not a bullet when you register the clubman not the kitted one a proper factory one is registered under RE Clubman.
indian example.
TB is not a TB bullet it is TB and is registerd as that
Machismo is not a MACHISMO BULLET it is a RE MACHISMO

RE is the brand name not BUllet
any things that comes from a RE stable be it the English one or be it indian one has not to be a bullet my friend

sorry but this is what i feel and this is what is a reality
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 23:16   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Any examples?

Regards
Spitfire
The example is that its still selling with all the niggles that it has and it is slow still it expansive then a honda or a karizma. it drinks like any thing but still it is selling. i am sure it is a disaster as i beleive but it still it selling people or #beep# like me still but it..

i am sure not many more examples would be needed..

Gordon sorry man and sorry all others. but this is a pointless discussion here that we all mates are faliing in to. i am sure that gordons So called Bullet does not have the word Bullet written on it. it is a Machismo and if it was for me i would have called it a RE Machismo proudly instead of doing all sorts of tantrums to prove it is a bullet.

Peace my Thumping brothers.

Keep thumping.

Last edited by desideep : 6th November 2009 at 23:21.
Old 6th November 2009, 23:39   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Machismo is not a MACHISMO BULLET it is a RE MACHISMO
Quote:
i am sure that gordons So called Bullet does not have the word Bullet written on it.
Let the pic do the talking for this one. Desi, probably your obsession about the Standard 350 is blinding you like most others. Finding it very surprising to get such comments from you. Anyways, this "true" Bullet fake ideology has indeed corrupted and tainted many minds. I've seen far too many "so-called-purists" and "so-called-fans" make such comments. After which I disregard them as enthusiasts.

Name:  bulletmach.jpg
Views: 8964
Size:  66.8 KB

In case of the Clubman:

Name:  bulletclub.jpg
Views: 4931
Size:  57.7 KB

I wouldn't be surprised after all this you'd go a step further and say "oh its just a sticker". That way the Standard 350 is not a Bullet, but just RE Standard 350. Now I guess we can conclude:

Quote:
i am sure not many more examples would be needed..
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 09:39   #99
Senior - BHPian

Now do I care about the word "Bullet".

Yes.
When other "Bullet" owners claim to have some ideas of their own that are in no way justified or correct. "Bullet" does not mean "thump" or "laid-back riding" or "Standard 350"

No.
Because its about "Royal Enfield". Even the Thunderbird, yes its not called the Bullet. But compare the Standard 350, Machismo and the Thunderbird and you'll know that they share the same frame and chassis with very minimal differences. Strictly speaking, the changes are just cosmetic. So if its called a Bullet or not is just secondary. The primary and most important thing is that its a Royal Enfield. Just like the Royal Enfield Interceptor, which was by all means far far superior in every way compared to the Royal Enfield Bullet 350 or 500. A wise Bullet owner will tell the Interceptor owner "oh your bike is not a Bullet so whats the use", and all he'd answer is "its a Royal Enfield, take it on the track and its a much better 'Bullet' than yours".

I'd call all Royal Enfield products a "Bullet". Why?! Not because of my whims and fancies. But because they are exactly the same with just cosmetic differences. Engine and gearbox upgrades are definite in any model upgrade.

Should you call the Machismo 350 or Electra 350 a Bullet?! Yes. Why? For several reasons:
- RE includes it in the Bullet line.
- The Standard 350 retained the 'Bullet' name even though it was nothing similar or close to the original first launched 'Bullet'. Every renowned vintage owner will tell you that even a small change as a single-sided drum changed to double-sided drum is a major change and almost nullifies the complete originality of the bike. Yet, the Standard is called a 'Bullet' with allllll the changes.

Should you call the Classic 350/500 a Bullet?! Thats up to you.
It shares the exact same chassis and engine as the Bullet Clubman 500. And the Clubman is a 'Bullet'. Whether its written or not on the Classic is a 'non-issue' then.

Last edited by Gordon : 7th November 2009 at 09:41.
Old 7th November 2009, 14:47   #100
Senior - BHPian

BOW to you My MASTER.

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised after all this you'd go a step further and say "oh its just a sticker". That way the Standard 350 is not a Bullet, but just RE Standard 350. Now I guess we can conclude:
this is a real funny one. as i mentioned above in a post that i would be calling them with the name they have so for me this is a bullet from now but it would be a BULLET CLUBMAN. or Bullet Machismo.

yes indeed i just checked the online pics.. the machismo's also have a BULLET name prefixed. i am very sorry about it.

Take care i am out of this. and you can consider my post as my submission.

TO BE TRUE.
I am not a big standard FAN. i just like the riding stance of the bike the thump and every thing about that charisma of this bike. i would have loved the AVL's or the so (prior to this post) called not real bullets, they have lovely technicals, mechanicals. i love the oil pump that makes sure that the engine does not break down. but the only thing that keeps me away from them is the mechanical clatter. you can get a standard or a CI and do it up so that it goes real quiet. and Guess what Gordon even after being from punjab. where every bullet is loved with Roaring exaust. i would love my bullet to be very quiet or we call it the GUNGA bullet (DUMB bullet).

if i could afford i would get a AVl engine and get it modified to fit a CI upper on it.

Last edited by desideep : 7th November 2009 at 14:56.
Old 7th November 2009, 14:58   #101
Senior - BHPian

You are one confused guy

At one time you say its not a Bullet and another time you say it isn't.

Its no surprise. I can go on and on with the list of false "ideologies" of the "purist" Standard 350 owner. But I'm also quite impressed with those who actually own Standard 350's and speak like true enthusiasts.

Just recently another wise comment was made in another thread:
- "A Bullet is meant to be kick-started." Yawn.
Old 7th November 2009, 17:33   #102
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gordon,

Sir, I think it basically then boils down to how a company presents a product in the market. And this debate on the originality of a product is not just limited to Bullets, as you will see that it is prevalent for the Maruti Suzuki Zen, the good old Mercedes W140 & W126 & many other good (I thought legendary would have been too much) products that have come & taken most of us by awe.

When Maruti launched the Estilo I remember people commenting the very same way that it is not the Zen & it should have been simply named the Estilo & things like why did they have to drag the name "Zen" into it & I must say many were even heart-broken

I feel it's more to do with how somebody, you or me or anybody associates with a product & more so with a name. But as they say, change is inevitable, it's bound to happen. Since the topic is about "Bullet", I would say that the Standard 350 as we get today has been around in that form for a very long time now (I agree there have been changes but they were the least compared to any other model of RE) & it is the last of the original designs of the parent Redditch company & hence the association of the word "Bullet" with it.

I feel that although it is the product of Royal Enfield, & Eicher Motors can as well name it "goli" (Hindi of Bullet) tomorrow, like they say "What's in a name" but then if that happens it's bound to hurt a few, enrage a few or maybe fascinate a few Plus, we wouldn't want an ageing legend to face an identity crisis or do we (just kidding!)

And sir, I am a wise Bullet owner & if I see an Interceptor for real, I would call it an Interceptor with as much love & admiration as you would, but if it were still continued with an AVL engine or UCE, in cruiser style etc etc, then I am sure we would have needed another thread for another debate on originality as then itwould have been Interceptor Machismo or Interceptor Thunderbird etc.

@all: Towards the end, I would just like to conclude that this is not anything more than my feelings on this topic of originality & are in no way intended to offend anybody. I apologize if I have in fact offended somebody.

Take care.

Happy thumping,
Prakhar

Last edited by Eddy : 7th November 2009 at 19:02. Reason: Not more than 2 smilies allowed.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 22:08   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
You are one confused guy

At one time you say its not a Bullet and another time you say it isn't.

Its no surprise. I can go on and on with the list of false "ideologies" of the "purist" Standard 350 owner. But I'm also quite impressed with those who actually own Standard 350's and speak like true enthusiasts.

Just recently another wise comment was made in another thread:
- "A Bullet is meant to be kick-started." Yawn.
see Gordon i respect you for all your work. but this kinda attitude is really not appriciated. i may be confused of what ever but i know if some thing is not called something then it is not what you are trying to call it.

from today onwards if i start calling you GHANSHU the Press wala. just because of the fact that you look like him you have a simmilar body with same concept built by god. you aint going to become GHANSHU the press wala.

Any way one has to live with ones opinions.

Take care Bro.
Old 7th November 2009, 22:29   #104
Senior - BHPian

Well I meant that in a nice friendly way, and it wasn't in anyway sarcastic. Apologize if it hurt you.

I called a Bullet a Bullet, and not anything else a Bullet. I called another bike, that essentially shares exactly the same parts (frame/chassis/engine) a Bullet. I can give numerous examples on this, but I guess most have already understood everything I'm saying so wouldn't go into details.
Old 7th November 2009, 22:31   #105
Senior - BHPian

Sorry that i took it other way.