Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 28th February 2014, 04:09   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

I am alive and walking on my own OE manufactured legs reason being the crash guard.

I had met with an accident on my Unicorn in 2009 when a LML rider rammed from the front right side onto me (he was on the wrong side trying to cross the road diagonally), repair bill was 10K for the bike but a few minor bruises to me.

The crash guards may spoil the look of the bike but for it is essential and more of safety than a style statement.

a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 19:35   #62
Default Re: The Crash Guards Discussion Thread

To add to the discussion -
I ride a Classic 500 - Desert Storm. I have slipped twice (very low speeds) and on many other occassions I lost balance (while taking the bullet out of the parking lot or trying to squeeze out of a small gap in traffic) I could not handle the weight of the bike - and every time, the bike would eventually land safely on the front and rear crash guards. Hardly any injury to the bike or the rider (that is me).

Call me an amateur rider, but am all for crash guards.

manishw is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2014, 13:27   #63
Default Re: The Crash Guards Discussion Thread

Thanks to this thread for the warnings and gory details of what would have happened to yourselves without the crash guard, I went out first thing this morning and got one installed on my bike. I'll post a picture when I finish waxing the vehicle. Thank you all very much for the safety advice !
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote