Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 17th August 2009, 12:56   #31
BHPian

i faced the same problem, as compared to my Electra LB was way too tall for me. So had put the custom seat on machismo which sabstantially reduced the height, however i still wanted to reduce the height further.

so this friday did my fav job took a off from work and headed streight to my mech, got 3.00 / 19 Ceat secura sport tyre in front changed the mudguard to Electra one as the tyre looks slimmer, Got 18" in the rear with Ceat Vertigo Sport 100/90/18, very nice tyre and chaged the rear stay and mudgaurd to electra one.

this has resulted in great reduction in height, which then improved the handlling, cornering and moreover my confidence
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 15:04   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Got 18" in the rear with Ceat Vertigo Sport 100/90/18, very nice tyre and chaged the rear stay and mudgaurd to electra one.
Did you alter your hub to put the 18 inch tyre ??
remcy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 15:15   #33
BHPian

Throttleking can you post some pics of your bike after the height has been reduced.

Also what is the cost of 18" rims ?
alter.e.go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 17:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by remcy007 View Post
Did you alter your hub to put the 18 inch tyre ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by alter.e.go View Post
Throttleking can you post some pics of your bike after the height has been reduced.

Also what is the cost of 18" rims ?
Honestly nothing much needs to be done, lot of people here talked about fabricating the hub and all.

I got the hub of Mini Bullet, readily available in Nanapeth at pune, got the original rim of Old CBZ (suppsed to be very strong) and the spokes. total cost 1750 rs. Vertigo Sport 100/90/18 costed 1600rs with tube.

sure i will take some pics and put it on the forum.
Old 21st August 2009, 10:26   #35
BHPian

throttleking, waiting for the pics, and you mean to say that your total expense was under Rs.3.5K ?
Shashank.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009, 12:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
throttleking, waiting for the pics, and you mean to say that your total expense was under Rs.3.5K ?
yes under 3.5k if you dont change the rear mudguard and stay, if you do it will cost you around 5k max. Pics are coming, didnt get time to click them, tomorrow for sure.
Old 29th August 2009, 15:24   #37
BHPian

Default pics

Throttleking , where are the pics mate
Old 31st August 2009, 11:25   #38
BHPian

Default Pics after putting 18" in rear

Guys, i am really sorry for taking so much time to put up the pics. Here you go, hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Reducing the height of Machismo-dscn2243.jpg  

Reducing the height of Machismo-dscn2244.jpg  

Reducing the height of Machismo-dscn2245.jpg  

Reducing the height of Machismo-dscn2246.jpg  

Reducing the height of Machismo-dscn2247.jpg  

Reducing the height of Machismo-dscn2248.jpg  

Reducing the height of Machismo-dscn2249.jpg  

Reducing the height of Machismo-dscn2250.jpg  

Reducing the height of Machismo-dscn2251.jpg  

Reducing the height of Machismo-dscn2252.jpg  

Old 31st August 2009, 15:13   #39
BHPian

Thats such a handsome lookig Bull bro. Do you plan to modify the rear fender/mudguard to reduce the space between tyre and fender? If you can then do upload a pic with the bike off the stand and you sitting on it, then the actual space can be seen.

EDIT: Just noticed the 3rd last pic without the stand, dont you think the gap is a little too much?

Last edited by abhik : 31st August 2009 at 15:16.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 01:07   #40
BHPian

Default Thanks

Thanks mate .

But IMO the gap between the mudguard and the tyre doesnt not enhance the beauty. such a huge gap only looks good on dirt bikes.Other than that the bike looks superb !

Question : Is the front tyre 18 inches as well ?
Old 1st September 2009, 08:13   #41
BHPian

Thanks for sharing the pics. However I am with Alter.e.go , the gap is spoiling it for otherwise macho looking dude.
Shashank.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 10:21   #42
BHPian

That's my bull.. Reduced an inch by cutting a layer of foam from the
original seat..

Next Item on Agenda is to find a mini bullet hub and switch to 18" tyre and reduce the gap between the tyre and the mudguard.

Reducing the height of Machismo-image134.jpg
remcy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 11:11   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Thats such a handsome lookig Bull bro. Do you plan to modify the rear fender/mudguard to reduce the space between tyre and fender? If you can then do upload a pic with the bike off the stand and you sitting on it, then the actual space can be seen.

EDIT: Just noticed the 3rd last pic without the stand, dont you think the gap is a little too much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alter.e.go View Post
Thanks mate .

But IMO the gap between the mudguard and the tyre doesnt not enhance the beauty. such a huge gap only looks good on dirt bikes.Other than that the bike looks superb !

Question : Is the front tyre 18 inches as well ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Thanks for sharing the pics. However I am with Alter.e.go , the gap is spoiling it for otherwise macho looking dude.
I agree with you guys, the Gap looks more than usual and looks odd too, but its not more than 1-2 inches extra, good for dirt, and its ok once you sit on the bike. i have shorten the rear fender, if you use the stock one, the gap will not be so visible then.

i feel the overall rear needs some other treament to synch with overall looks of the bike, so working on that. will keep you guys posted.

Alter, no the front tyre is 19 inch, but slimmer one.

Having said all this, the pupose is served, height of the bike reduced without affecting the dynamics, perhaps they are improved. Except that i need to check the top-end after switching to 18" in rear

By the way thanks for all the comments and compliments
Old 9th December 2009, 17:47   #44
BHPian

Here is mine just modded the rear with the eliminator tyre for the rear end and a fabricated rear fender....
Attached Images

raghu4222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 22:54   #45
BHPian

@Throttleking - a bit off-topic but I'd like to know how the grip is on that Ceat up front. Does it allow hard cornering, especially while scraping the footpegs around a curve? I have a Dunlop 3.25-19 standard block tread type tyre (the stock rear tyre on the Electra and Standard) and am afraid to explore its potential. Is there a 3.25 version of that tyre?

@Shashank - I don't know if you've tried changing the seat yet but I'm sure that itself will make a significant difference. Narrowing the seat will surely help and shouldn't affect the looks much.
I had a 'desi' stock seat on my bike mounted on 1 inch studs in front so it was taller than a stock Bullet. Last Sunday I went to Khajanchi in Karol Bagh and got one of their standard single seats installed. The 1 inch studs were removed and so was the structure on the chassis right behind the fuel tank to accomodate it. Now it feels like I'm riding inside the bike!
The moral of the long story is that a custom low (and possibly narrow) seat will make a world of a difference. Do try it if you haven't already. Thought I'd add a little to the thread.
Darth Sid is offline   Reply With Quote