Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 10th December 2009, 09:47   #46
BHPian

Sid, the Machismo is long gone, and now I am riding a Std 350, with custom seats. And yes, changing the seat made a lot of difference.
Shashank.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 05:04   #47
BHPian

Well, clearly I'm out of date. (I hope you understand what I mean. It's quite late in the night.
I'll have to go to Karol Bagh again. The solo seat I bought (that mounts on the rear shocks) has put a dent in the rear mudguard. Bad fitting, bad design...
Darth Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 16:14   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
@Throttleking - a bit off-topic but I'd like to know how the grip is on that Ceat up front. Does it allow hard cornering, especially while scraping the footpegs around a curve? I have a Dunlop 3.25-19 standard block tread type tyre (the stock rear tyre on the Electra and Standard) and am afraid to explore its potential. Is there a 3.25 version of that tyre?
its great, this is the second time i am using Secura sports, earlier i had used inrear on my Electra (Done Ladhak as well), now it goes in front with slimer size 3.00 90 19, and rear gets the big brother Vertigo Sports 100/90/18. Both are good all terrain tyres

@shashank, you sold Machismo or what?

Last edited by throttleking : 16th December 2009 at 16:15.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 17:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
@shashank, you sold Machismo or what?
Sold it to my cousin. He wanted to go for a new bike and was not really keen on Jappo stuff. He doesn't like the plain standard, plus it would have been tough for him to maintain it. Budget was also a constraint for him.

So he for my mmo, I got std ..we both are happy
Shashank.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 00:55   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
its great, this is the second time i am using Secura sports, earlier i had used inrear on my Electra (Done Ladhak as well), now it goes in front with slimer size 3.00 90 19, and rear gets the big brother Vertigo Sports 100/90/18. Both are good all terrain tyres
Ah, that's most of what I wanted to know. Performance on dirt roads is also a major criterion for any tyre I buy. My brother said he once tried a Ceat (Secura, most probably - same model, I don't know) on the rear wheel which was quite soft. Even softer than the Dunlop block tread tyre. He said the soft rubber gave good grip but it also felt a little spongy and cause the rear end to sway/wobble a little. Any such issues?

And, have you tried hard cornering while leaning all the way? Can you compare it to the Dunlop?

So, it does come in size 3.25-19. How about 3.50-19? Perhaps I could experiment with it on the rear wheel. I always stay away from the standard MRF tyre - too hard and bad tread design.

Thanks.

PS: The Vertigo Sports comes only in 18-inch size or 19-inch as well? What would the 19-inch (if available) one cost?

Last edited by Darth Sid : 17th December 2009 at 00:59. Reason: Added Postscript
Darth Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2012, 20:05   #51
BHPian

Default Re: Brake pedal / Gears in front

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter.e.go View Post
...the next thing that comes to mind is moving the rear brake pedal and gear shift a little in front.
Not only would this be nice but a boon to many hundreds who do a few miles more than just commuter runs, but are not tall enough to use pegs on the crashguards to stretch... Really.

Anyone working on this?
Hammer & Anvil is offline   Reply With Quote