Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 18:53   #61
BHPian
 
balenopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 909
Thanked: 211 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakMenon View Post
Abhi.. your bike looks lovely.. keep the keys hidden coz i have my eye on it..

Haha..im more than willing to exchange it with yours
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 04:01   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,343
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

I'm going to go with the disc brake once I get the chassis sorted.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 15:18   #63
BHPian
 
balenopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 909
Thanked: 211 Times
Default

Get it done na...im sure ul get a second hand chassis if not a new one.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 17:34   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,343
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Get it done na...im sure ul get a second hand chassis if not a new one.
The chassis should be here around the 4th. Where can I buy all the brake components from?
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 17:55   #65
BHPian
 
balenopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 909
Thanked: 211 Times
Default

tony will get it for u na
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 17:38   #66
BHPian
 
balenopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 909
Thanked: 211 Times
Default

tank painted, all parts ready, bike will be ready by saturday! yipeeee
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 05:33   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,343
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

Hey see if you can find a chassis for me in Pune.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 12:21   #68
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Meerut
Posts: 61
Thanked: 0 Times
Default pulsar assembly

Hi
i must say here that this set up is exactly similar to that of bajaj pulsar, i have seen a lot of people who like to install this setup consisting of endurance front fork, complete rim with spokes and disk brake assembly, as it is the simplest to fit and easily available in new and old parts market


thanks
sajid
crazy4s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 12:55   #69
BHPian
 
balenopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 909
Thanked: 211 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Hey see if you can find a chassis for me in Pune.
I gave u Autopoints number, just give him an advance and he will get it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4s View Post
Hi
i must say here that this set up is exactly similar to that of bajaj pulsar, i have seen a lot of people who like to install this setup consisting of endurance front fork, complete rim with spokes and disk brake assembly, as it is the simplest to fit and easily available in new and old parts market

thanks
sajid
Yes sajid, its the best way to convert a drum setup on any of the RX-series into a disc. The pulsars part are pretty much bolt on with hardly any modification required.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 15:34   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,343
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

He told me 15 days for it.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 17:43   #71
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 778
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

I just stumbled onto this thread.

Nice work balenopower.
The stock mirrors were like the KB-100 rectangular.
Even I've changed them as the curved one's are better.

My Rx-Z is Dec 1997.
Its been maintained as stock. However I find it increasingly challenging to do so. Most of the parts are not available. You do get so called imports from taiwan/indonasia and the cost of that stuff is through the roof and quality is acceptable. Yamaha auth guys are just saying "production stopped so no spares" they will not ever try to get the part ordered.

I took me 2 months to find a set of front indicators and the glass like thingy for the front visor. I'm still hunting for a head light doom and reflector assembly.

If any of you folks out there know where parts can be sources, please share the info, that will be a great help.

Pics of my bike are in the Garage, do have a look.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 23:55   #72
BHPian
 
balenopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 909
Thanked: 211 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
I just stumbled onto this thread.

Nice work balenopower.
The stock mirrors were like the KB-100 rectangular.
Even I've changed them as the curved one's are better.

My Rx-Z is Dec 1997.
Its been maintained as stock. However I find it increasingly challenging to do so. Most of the parts are not available. You do get so called imports from taiwan/indonasia and the cost of that stuff is through the roof and quality is acceptable. Yamaha auth guys are just saying "production stopped so no spares" they will not ever try to get the part ordered.

I took me 2 months to find a set of front indicators and the glass like thingy for the front visor. I'm still hunting for a head light doom and reflector assembly.

If any of you folks out there know where parts can be sources, please share the info, that will be a great help.

Pics of my bike are in the Garage, do have a look.
Hey there yzfrj...i did already chk ur bike out. Is the fairing missing now or did u find one? I dont have any difficulty finding parts for the bike. Infact i just recently purchased a new tacho, fairing with visor and the entire body panels. ill put up the pics on saturday.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 03:41   #73
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default

Congrats BP. Bike's looking sweet. So whats next for mods...plan to keep it stock?
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 13:36   #74
BHPian
 
balenopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 909
Thanked: 211 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats BP. Bike's looking sweet. So whats next for mods...plan to keep it stock?

Thanks M.Yea as of now enjoying her in stock trim. A port job perhaps in the future.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 16:16   #75
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 778
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Hey there yzfrj...i did already chk ur bike out. Is the fairing missing now or did u find one? I dont have any difficulty finding parts for the bike. Infact i just recently purchased a new tacho, fairing with visor and the entire body panels. ill put up the pics on saturday.
Actually it was with me all along, I've misplaced the bolts that hold the thingy near the engine. The front visor broke as a fell when I braked to avoid a lady who jumped onto the main rode from a side road, recently managed to get a replacement.

May I ask from where you get the part ?
Genuine Yamaha ?

If so could you ask the shop folks if they are ok to ship it to Chennai or Cochin ? I'm more than happy to pay the shipping cost.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1970 Vespa - Restoration of a Wasp! EDIT: Restored Pics on Page 4 hillram Post-War 101 5th May 2017 22:25
Premier 118 NE - Grey Goose - Restored Pics on Page 2 hillram Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 37 22nd May 2014 00:40
Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18 Simhi The Indian Car Scene 451 21st December 2010 16:05
Flashback to Miami(beautiful machines & beautiful bodies) & glimpses of Chicago Sidz Travelogues 57 11th September 2008 08:33
1.5 Lakhs Budget for ICE in Cr-V EDIT: Now installed Pics on page 4 Mumbaiya In-Car Entertainment 114 23rd September 2007 11:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks