Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 20:58   #1
BHPian
 
Heman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 90
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Yamaha Fazer 250cc or Hero Honda Karizma

Hi,

A friend of mine wants to buy the NEW Yamaha Fazer 250cc or Hero Honda Karizma.

Budget no constraint

Constraints are mileage stability, overall perfomance, pillion rider comfort, seating position, build quality, maintainance.
Heman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 21:02   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,206
Thanked: 2,747 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heman View Post
A friend of mine wants to buy the NEW Yamaha Fazer 250cc or Hero Honda Karizma.

When did Yamaha launch the Fazer with a 250cc engine?

Fazer is the redesigned FZ16 and has the same 160cc engine as the FZ with cosmetic upgrades. (unless a 250cc is coming soon).

If 250cc is what your friend wants, it prolly makes sense to wait for the Ninja 250R. It is going to be launched around Diwali (hopefully !!!).
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 21:33   #3
BHPian
 
?ushk@r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Posts: 293
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

The NEW Yamaha Fazer is the same as FZ16 and FZ-S. Check this link for the specs

Yahama Fazer India

With the constraints you have listed, Hyosung Comet is out of the question!! I think it's better to stick with ZMA or wait for 250 launches coming by the end of this year!
?ushk@r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 21:37   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Wait for the new Kzma and great if the Yamaha brings the 250; but at what price?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 01:14   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

why not the pulsar 220? Look at the reviews about bajaj pulsar and hero honda Karizma. Pulsars have proven to be more Fuel efficient and reliable in the long run.

I wont comment on the seating position as I found stout riders not finding Karizma good and tall riders not finding pulsar's good.

It will be good to wait for the kawasaki ninja till Diwali. Otherwise buy whatever is available in the market.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 01:19   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
why not the pulsar 220? Look at the reviews about bajaj pulsar and hero honda Karizma. Pulsars have proven to be more Fuel efficient and reliable in the long run.

I wont comment on the seating position as I found stout riders not finding Karizma good and tall riders not finding pulsar's good.

It will be good to wait for the kawasaki ninja till Diwali. Otherwise buy whatever is available in the market.
fuel effiicient yes but pulsars more reliable thats a first one.
no offence to Bajaj owners here
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 12:48   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,089
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

1. Yamaha never launched a 250cc and i dont see them doing so in the near future .

2. the newer pulsars have proven to be more reliable than older ones . the quality of materials used in the engine has improved and the engines are now a lot smoother and hopefully reliable . i know a person who tours on a pulsar 220 . he has covered a hassle free 35K+ kms in almost two years .
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 01:52   #8
BHPian
 
Heman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 90
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Thank you all for the replies.

Will convey the responses to my friend.
Heman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 22:44   #9
BHPian
 
funkydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 92
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
When did Yamaha launch the Fazer with a 250cc engine?

Fazer is the redesigned FZ16 and has the same 160cc engine as the FZ with cosmetic upgrades. (unless a 250cc is coming soon).

If 250cc is what your friend wants, it prolly makes sense to wait for the Ninja 250R. It is going to be launched around Diwali (hopefully !!!).

Very true!! Fazer is the same 160CC. Its worth waiting for Ninja 250CC or go in for ZMA.
funkydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yamaha FZ16 with 250cc engine swap Lavs Motorbikes 70 15th December 2017 09:24
Rumour: Hero Karizma, Karizma ZMR production stopped Aditya Motorbikes 45 21st November 2016 11:36
Yamaha Fazer 250" and the Honda CBX 250 Twister devil_in_flesh Motorbikes 19 13th November 2013 14:25
I'm Fazer(ed). My Yamaha Fazer & some modifications hillram Motorbikes 87 31st August 2013 13:55
Yamaha FAZER headlight for Yamaha FZ-S CRtorquefan Motorbikes 3 10th July 2012 09:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks