Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2013, 16:48   #226
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikoner_03 View Post
You can try Pulsars indicators, I use them on my unicorn. Its been through a lot of abuse on the packed parking lots but has never given up.
So strange you revived this thread today. Just yesterday, after just not getting the time to ride the RTR, I sold it off to a colleague who I am sure will use it the way it should be. Unlike me who did 3400 Kms in almost 4 years.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 15:02   #227
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,206
Thanked: 2,742 Times
Default Re: Sammyboy's Menace - Apache RTR 180. Update : Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I sold it off to a colleague who I am sure will use it the way it should be. Unlike me who did 3400 Kms in almost 4 years.
Samarth, I remember you mentioning you wanted to sell it off, didn't know it would actually happen.

Hope your colleague tends to it with the same level of love and care, if not more, just like you did.

So any replacement in mind for the RTR?

How's the ninja doing? How many kms clocked on the greenie?
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 17:25   #228
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Sammyboy's Menace - Apache RTR 180. Update : Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Samarth, I remember you mentioning you wanted to sell it off, didn't know it would actually happen.

Hope your colleague tends to it with the same level of love and care, if not more, just like you did.

So any replacement in mind for the RTR?

How's the ninja doing? How many kms clocked on the greenie?
Hey bro, yeah it was with a sad heart that i parted with it. I did have 3-4 people from the apartment approach me too but then i know this guy well and know he will take care of it.
With long hours at work and weekends with family, it had just become impossible to get the time to use it.

No replacement plans as of now, though the 390 does pull some strings .

The Ninja is also not being used much, though whenever I get a couple of hours i try to do a short ride on the Kolar road but these are spur of the moment rides at various times of the day so havent done a group ride for quite a while. Work might move to another location so am thinking of using it on Fridays, but the thought of it being parked in an office basement just gives me the creeps. You know how it is
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 23:26   #229
BHPian
 
sriramv.iyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 835
Thanked: 710 Times
Default Re: Sammyboy's Menace - Apache RTR 180. Update : Now Sold

Good to hear after a long time! Sad to know that you had to sell your Apache. Always a tough thing to do.

I went out for a ride in Kolar route last weekend too! The road is nice, but the original view is lost :'(

Glad to know you are having fun with the Ninja!
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 15:36   #230
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Sammyboy's Menace - Apache RTR 180. Update : Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Good to hear after a long time! Sad to know that you had to sell your Apache. Always a tough thing to do.

I went out for a ride in Kolar route last weekend too! The road is nice, but the original view is lost :'(

Glad to know you are having fun with the Ninja!
Hey man, thanks. Yeah, it does feel wierd everytime i go to my parking and see an empty slot where the Apache used to be.

Been ages and it seems like you have been keeping yourself busy with multiple bikes . Congrats on the 390.

Sad to see though that your original choice, the Ninja, hasnt made it to your lineup yet.

Agree with the view part, the sad price we pay for progress.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 23:30   #231
BHPian
 
sriramv.iyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 835
Thanked: 710 Times
Default Re: Sammyboy's Menace - Apache RTR 180. Update : Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey man, thanks. Yeah, it does feel wierd everytime i go to my parking and see an empty slot where the Apache used to be.

Been ages and it seems like you have been keeping yourself busy with multiple bikes . Congrats on the 390.

Sad to see though that your original choice, the Ninja, hasnt made it to your lineup yet.

Agree with the view part, the sad price we pay for progress.
When I tried the 650 it had 6 months waiting time, and lottery based booking (Too much drama for the 650! ) - I would have done whatever the drama if it was 6R!

Even Nandi Hill road is not what it was 10 years ago! As you said, that's the price we pay for the development(?) !
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RTR 160 vs RTR 180 rangakishen Motorbikes 42 7th January 2012 20:59
Pulsar 180 UG3and Apache 180-for a new bike? EDIT - Its the RTR 180 deepclutch Motorbikes 76 26th November 2009 00:34
RTR 180 is out (a.k.a Menace) Mpower Motorbikes 25 15th June 2009 16:06
TVS Apache RTR 180 smart2smart Motorbikes 36 9th May 2009 09:08
TVS to launch RTR Menace 180 cc RuffRyder Motorbikes 27 29th September 2008 16:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks