Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 15th February 2010, 00:35   #46
BHPian

I have personally taken it up to 10.5k in the second gear, and the feeling of it not pulling enough, i felt just a few days ago when i was super late and was just jumping all the lights and just going super fast and by the time i was reaching my destination the bike felt underpowered but then i checked speed and all and it was the same, so i then understood that it was me and not the bike.
But anyways, i just love this bike, its A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 00:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
when i was super late and was just jumping all the lights and just going super fast
Being a responsible citizen, I request you to ride carefully and follow the traffic rules. Will be good for you and your lovely family.

No hard feelings please. It's just a general concern. As they say, Speed kills.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 01:21   #48
BHPian

No no man, i normally stay within 65 but as i mentioned i was super late, and it was extremely important to reach fast, that is why i had to rush, my girl friend wasnt feeling well and i had to take her to the doctor, so i think that its ok to ignore rules then.
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 10:55   #49
BHPian

Quote:
No no man, i normally stay within 65 but as i mentioned i was super late, and it was extremely important to reach fast, that is why i had to rush, my girl friend wasnt feeling well and i had to take her to the doctor, so i think that its ok to ignore rules then.
Ignorance is Bliss!!
your actions can only lead to injuring an innocent road user be it another rider or even a pedestrian.

Obey Traffic Rules
Jr Godzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 10:58   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Rules are meant for a specific purpose. Ignoring them put not only you in harms way, but all the others on the road.
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 16:25   #51
BHPian

Default My friends new avatar

what do you think of my friends pulsar. It is 2 years old. There is still some work left. thought i should post this in the wierd, wacky, and dangerous section, but cannot find anything wierd or wacky about this. enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
New P220 DTSi Ownership Review-pulsar-r15.jpg  

Chipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 19:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
what do you think of my friends pulsar. It is 2 years old. There is still some work left. thought i should post this in the wierd, wacky, and dangerous section, but cannot find anything wierd or wacky about this. enjoy
let me start with the R15 fairing it looks like its wearing some shield which IMO looks totally out of place.not too mention it must be slowing the 150 down like crazy.battery cover missing.

and whats written below 150 dtsi ? " bad boys plays bad toys" ?

rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 10:00   #53
BHPian

Thumbs up

The R15 fairing is totally looking out of place. It's spoiling the look of the Pulsar. Coming back to the topic the P 220 is really good, but for the mirrors which are a total failure in giving you any view of the rear plus they keep getting loose too. Till date I've only gone till about 115 on my bike.

CHEERS,
G D
P180V1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 10:09   #54
BHPian

^^Are you referring to the P220 Dts-Fi or the Dts-i? The latter has a slightly better visibility from the rear view mirrors.

But, seriously the mirror thing is not something that cannot be fixed.
Old 17th February 2010, 20:46   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
oh gosh .. thats the most 'wierd' looking pulsar i ve ever come across!
sam_sant2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 11:21   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
^^ The bike should be able to rev till 11K from 1st - 4th gear! Is that happening?

Btw whats your weight? With my 82kgs loaded on to the Dts-i it was hitting 145+ with ease!
hi
i revved her in 2nd 3rd 4th all the way to 10.5K rpm didnt push to 11K but it can do with ease. The bike was just flying low man and i was surprised to know that it does 125kmph in 4th gear. BUT the sound of the exhaust and engine is like some deadly screaming

something like

"move out of my way i am mad and furious".

Last edited by Jr Godzilla : 19th February 2010 at 11:22.
Jr Godzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 17:08   #57
Senior - BHPian

Disgusting - is the only word that can be used to describe that ugly Pulsar mod.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 17:30   #58
BHPian

Guys is this rev limiter in everybike ? I mean once i was riding at 125 kmph and the rev limiter kicked in and that's when i realized i was still in 4th gear. Upshifted and then it went easily upto 137 kmph. Maintained that speed for about 8 to 10 sec before finding traffic.

Is there anyway we could get away with this limiter? Also, Guys plz mention your top speed that u have achieved.

Mine is 137 Kmph.
Abbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 17:38   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Guys is this rev limiter in everybike ? I mean once i was riding at 125 kmph and the rev limiter kicked in and that's when i realized i was still in 4th gear. Upshifted and then it went easily upto 137 kmph. Maintained that speed for about 8 to 10 sec before finding traffic.

Is there anyway we could get away with this limiter? Also, Guys plz mention your top speed that u have achieved.

Mine is 137 Kmph.
^^ The rev limiter is there for a purpose. Its there so that you don't over rev and kill you engine.

Anyways with the current setup the bike is anyway to not producing any power beyond a certain limit. Removing the rev limiter will not give you any gains of any sort.

Topspeed:

220 Dts-i - 146 kmph
220 Dts-Fi - 144 kmph

*all are speedo indicated speeds!

Last edited by praful : 19th February 2010 at 17:48.
Old 19th February 2010, 19:40   #60
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
^^Are you referring to the P220 Dts-Fi or the Dts-i? The latter has a slightly better visibility from the rear view mirrors.

But, seriously the mirror thing is not something that cannot be fixed.
I'm referring to the Dtsi, because that's what I ride, yes I'm planning on something to fix it.

CHEERS,
G D
P180V1 is offline   Reply With Quote