Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 27th September 2009, 22:00   #16
BHPian

Got my Bike delivered today . My buying experience was excellent at Enfield showroom ,called up the showroom on Sat afternoon enquired on delivery schedule rushed to the showroom and paid advance & booked the bike and delivered was confirmed on 27/9/09 sunday due to dussera. The showroom manager Mr.Prabhakar was very friendly.

I couldn't sleep on sat night due to excitement . Reached the showroom around 2.30pm the billing & handover was swift got the keys before 3pm due to auspicious time .On my way back from showroom got stuck in heavy rains .
Went to Temple with family and completed pooja , my kids seems to more excited than me .

attached some initial pics
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help before i Bite the Bullet - TBTS - EDIT- now delivered-just-arrived-godown.jpg  

Need Help before i Bite the Bullet - TBTS - EDIT- now delivered-just-arrived-godown1.jpg  

Need Help before i Bite the Bullet - TBTS - EDIT- now delivered-about-fly.jpg  

Need Help before i Bite the Bullet - TBTS - EDIT- now delivered-blessed-heaven.jpg  

Need Help before i Bite the Bullet - TBTS - EDIT- now delivered-pooja.jpg  

Need Help before i Bite the Bullet - TBTS - EDIT- now delivered-pooja1.jpg  

Need Help before i Bite the Bullet - TBTS - EDIT- now delivered-pooja2.jpg  

rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 23:00   #17
BHPian

Congrats buddy.
I am sure you will grow fond of this silencer too. The short bottle looks out of the place on this model.
susan3004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 08:42   #18
BHPian

Rm_arjuna So finally bit the bullet! Congrats, thats a swell lookin ride!
bmw_m5_titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 12:21   #19
BHPian

cool ride ! Congrats !
shan2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 11:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Arujuna.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 12:36   #21
BHPian

congrats arjuna and enjoy riding the Bird.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 11:45   #22
BHPian

Request mods to edit the title , " bullet now delivered ".

Small update :
Have crossed 190+ kms in 2 days , planning a higway ride of around 230+ on 2nd . Will update later on initial ownership experience later now got to focus on work .

A big thanks for all guys for sharing their expertise and help me in buying decision.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:04   #23
BHPian

Enjoy your ride buddy!
aruncheloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 15:06   #24
BHPian

Default 1st Service @ 636Kms on Odo

I dropped my bike for 1st service today.

Went on a long ride 350+kms this weekend to Jurala Dam Project near atmakur & Kolsagar dam . It was amazing sight with all floodgates open and water gushing with a roar,however it was unnerving to see lots of damage to lives & property and almost all villages along the canal were submerged and fields with atleast 2-3 ft water . It was like a ocean water everywhere . Infact my relatives in kurnool had to flee from their homes it was flooded till 2nd level.

The highway was empty without any truck movement since there was a breach at Beechpally on NH7 and all vechile movement was stopped .It was very tempting to push the bull beyond 60 .
It was bliss cruising miles upon miles on empty higway . right from the showroom till now have been enjoying every moment with the bull and soaking the curious looks at signals.Thanks for all the inputs guys .TBHP rocks

Couple of things would like to change and require suggestions.

a) Lights - current bulbs lack penetration unlike pulsar / discover also the high beam seems to be way to high ,actually high beam pass over bus roof. what wud be ideal choice for replacement and also will it require any mods.

b) horn - Most sissy sets of horns ever heard and shame on such a bike . Planning to change to roots windtone . the showroom guys was suggesting i need to install a cutter to prevent battery from draining .What is it ? can anyobe pls explain.

c) Rear View mirrors - solves the purpose however wud like to change to avenger type mirros .. is it possible?

d) now the eternal ? - what are options to change the silencer and better thump . Saw the classic retro style looks cool will it fit the TBTS

guys keeps your suggestions going will help a newbie undertsand the machine better .