Name:  DSC01241.JPG
Views: 1210
Size:  116.1 KB

copyright respective owners.
Rennjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 14:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Renjjit,

Do you jnow anything about a supercharged bullet that was in RM09. I heard about it but almost no details. Apparently, it belonged to someone from Madbulls. Any buzz on that?

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 15:14   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Hey, just passed by City Bakery but didnt see the bike anywhere. Will be passing by in the evening again. Here is my number (989)-(291)-(604)-(3).
Hey, If you recollect - Even I could not get the pictures until weekend only because his ride normally is seen only on the weekends.

Very rarely will you see his bike on weekdays, also on weekends post 8.30am till late noon and if the bike is not parked right outside the bakery it will be parked bang opposite on the other side of the road.

Also, he is a quite friendly guy to speak with and will entertain any questions you might have for him. Infact, if you happen to take your cafe racer along if might just have him throwing questions at you.

Last edited by mantrig : 10th September 2009 at 15:15.
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 20:20   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Renjjit, Do you jnow anything about a supercharged bullet that was in RM09. I heard about it but almost no details. Apparently, it belonged to someone from Madbulls. Any buzz on that? Cheers, Jay
The first pic is the same 'supercharged', voted best tech mod prize winner, a nice chap & no club i remember. Another mad mallu, a machine for which the tag modified is a lesser word & having done Odyssey.
Old 10th September 2009, 22:49   #50
TDC
BHPian

Hi guys, the bike in question is mine. I was gonna post with pics a bit later when the work was complete but it seems some one has beaten me to it The bike is still a work in progress.

I got some proper mods done with the engine. I sourced and have installed a 535cc piston (specific for the Electra, NOT the lightning). Installed a Mikuni TM32 flatslide, high lift cams with altered timing from Anthony and the K&N filter you see so elegantly covered with the bottom half of a bislery bottle. Yes, that is to keep the rains out of my engine.

The stock piston and cam produced 145psi compression. With the 535cc piston and Anthony's high lift cams I've got 165-170 psi compression. Since I'm still running it in, can't give any top speeds or top RPM reports, but let me tell you it is SUPER torqey now. I just grin all the way to work and back every day, rain or no rain. Will definitely be putting a T19 sprocket later.

The oil cooler was installed as an insurance policy. The extra power will produce extra heat, and extra heat is not good. If anyone is gonna do the mod on the AVL, install the oil cooler upside down. It seems the AVL oil pump is a gear type and is very efficent and pumps a high volume. But when the engine is off, there is no positive seal and the oil could drain out of the oil cooler. After reading this i had my bike stationray for 2 days, then opened one of the nuts that feeds oil to the top of the engine and started the bike. Oil began to flow through immediately. But in order to sleep soundly at night, i will be turning it upside down. Cast engine guys don't need to worry about that.

The rear sets were very necessary as i seem to be scraping my foot rests way too much I did wait around for Gordon to finish his exams so he can make me a set of rear sets (yes Gordon, we met outside the mechanic's shops in four bunglows many months ago). The low handle bar, although I'm not too thrilled about was again neccessary for less air drag, and greater speed.

I raised the center stand by replacing the rubber stop with a piece of inner tube, and grinding off a bit of the metal where the stand comes to rest on. I found out the bit is not a load bearing member so it seems safe.

The tires also were also changed to inspire a little more confidence while taking fast turns. Whether they are actually better grip is debatable.

So, I'm not making a show piece. I'm making a peformance bike

Once I've run the bike in, we'll be able to fine tune the carb and Stage one will be complete. I have stage 2 and stage 3 planned as well and will post once they are complete. Well, I'll try to post if i still have access to a computer and my wife hasn't locked me out of the house for spending, or "wasting" as she may say, so much time and money on "bikes".

Anthony really knows his stuff and is brilliant. He may be a bit on the expensive side, but you get what you pay for.

Sorry for the long post, I've rambled on long enough.

****Disclaimer****
I'm no mechanical engineer or ace mechanic. I'm just an enthusiast who's spent way more time than is healthy for a grown man scrouging the internet for info on Bullet performance mods and asking a lot of questions on forums and what have you. Be advised.
TDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 14:35   #51
Senior - BHPian

Those are an impressive list of mods. Its good to see a café with enough punch to act.

Last edited by v12 : 11th September 2009 at 21:34.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 16:12   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Renjjit,

Do you jnow anything about a supercharged bullet that was in RM09. I heard about it but almost no details. Apparently, it belonged to someone from Madbulls. Any buzz on that?

Cheers,

Jay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
from Mod Gurus @ Rider Mania 2009.

Lightning 535, Retro classic.
Attachment 188165
It was this bike. It was not supercharged like how you think it was done, instead the bike had an electric supercharger of sorts which supposedly boosts at the flick of a swtch.

After having read of electric superchargers and how much battery juice they need to create a substantial boost i was not sold on the idea when i saw it in the bike.

The oil cooler have copper tube spiralled inside that canister, eventhough the spiral is not getting direct airflow i assume it might give some bit of cooling but not as good as the regular oil coolers.

What i liked about this bike is the overall design, execution and the ingenious single sided monoshock. The bike's been to leh and back with this chassis setup.

Btw this bike was presented under Silver Bullets. Guy's name is Anoop.

Last edited by Sankar : 11th September 2009 at 16:13.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 19:26   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
.. The oil cooler have copper tube spiralled inside that canister, eventhough the spiral is not getting direct airflow...
so oil is inside the spiral tubes? i was thinking other way, oil inside shell with a coil insert more like a Turbulator- increasing heat transfer to shell.

tube/ shell insert fins
Name:  insertfintube.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  15.6 KB

Last edited by Rennjit : 11th September 2009 at 19:29.
Old 11th September 2009, 21:08   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Oil is inside a spiral tube which is hidden in that canister is what he told me. But exposed would've been better for heat transfer since air is the medium.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 11:17   #55
Senior - BHPian

TDC, passed by your area and seen the bike. Was gleaming, seems you gave it a thorough wash with tyre foam, etc.

I'll be getting the bike on Friday, would be great if the two cafe's could meet up. That is IF its not raining.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 21:12   #56
BHPian

TDC And all,
One small/stupid query to Gurus.
1.i could see oil pipe coming to cooler, but what about another end of pipe. where it will attached.
2. is this easy task to convert my leanburn 98 to oil cooler one?

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 20:30   #57
TDC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
TDC, passed by your area and seen the bike. Was gleaming, seems you gave it a thorough wash with tyre foam, etc.

I'll be getting the bike on Friday, would be great if the two cafe's could meet up. That is IF its not raining.
That will be very cool. I'm there in the mornings up to the afternoon. Stop by any time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
TDC And all,
One small/stupid query to Gurus.
1.i could see oil pipe coming to cooler, but what about another end of pipe. where it will attached.
2. is this easy task to convert my leanburn 98 to oil cooler one?

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Its very easy and not that expensive. One pipe come out of the bottom of our engine (crank case) and goes to one end of the oil cooler. Another pipe goes from the other end of the cooler up to the head of the engine. Its pretty simple.
TDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 13:23   #58
BHPian

Love those cafe racers!! I hope they got really loud pipes
ron_9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 14:00   #59
BHPian

Sorry guys for being off topic, but what I wanted to share what I found,

monster dog: 2009 ooty rider mania!
rajatsingh78 is offline   Reply With Quote