Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 1st October 2009, 12:48   #76
BHPian

hi sudheer ! i too had that leak problem, exactly where you have it , got it fixed.

Wanted to ask a question, but thought why to create a new thread, so asking it here :

Can i remove the PAV unit from my Std 350 ? will it adversely effect the engine ? what difference would it make though ? I am hungry for more thump, though i have added the RE Retro Bubble silencer/bend pipe :(
shan2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 17:39   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheermenon View Post
The front brake is totally useless. I need to fix a disc brake soon. Any body knows how much it would cost for me?
Costs around 6.9k in Chennai.
GreaseMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 11:50   #78
BHPian

Checked the rpices of disc brake sets couple of months back. They were around 8.4 k in Delhi (Pricol)..
Shashank.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 12:22   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post

Wanted to ask a question, but thought why to create a new thread, so asking it here :

Can i remove the PAV unit from my Std 350 ? will it adversely effect the engine ? what difference would it make though ? I am hungry for more thump, though i have added the RE Retro Bubble silencer/bend pipe :(
Shan,

It won't make much of a difference for the thump. What it will do is, eliminate the somewhat irritating chatter during deceleration. Your emissions at idle will be higher if you take off the PAV: not good for our planet.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 13:42   #80
BHPian

Default A bull is a bull.....rest are bikes!

Hey congrats Sudheer...!!

have been wanting(needing) to buy a bullet for a long time, so every now and then when i read threads like these gives a measure of satisfation!

one newbie question from me (sorry if off topic)
is there something called "Bullet Standard 500"?
other variants like "flameburner/fireburner" engine and the "crusader" engine...there is not a mention of these on RE websites

heard this in a friend circle, so just confirming.

thanks in advance.

cheers!

Last edited by khaleelda1 : 20th October 2009 at 13:51. Reason: adding more questions!
khaleelda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 13:56   #81
BHPian

Bullet Standard 500 was available up until 2007 I believe. After which the production was stopped due to emission norms and poor sales.
rrahul_2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 23:34   #82
BHPian

Default Re: Advice needed on buying a bullet std 350 Edit - Now Delivered

Hello guys,

I am considering buying a 1982 model soon. I met this gentleman riding his bull on NH7 from Hosur to Bangalore. When prodded further he revealed he hasn't really thought of selling it but will do so if he gets a good price. So I took his business card and told him I would get back soon.

The bike is registered in Kerala. Now assuming he has all the important documents, and that he can arrange for NOC so that I can have the bull re-registered in Bangalore where I live, how much do you guys think its worth? Also assume there isn't much cosmetic/engine work needed and the bike is in good condition.
vishwasvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2011, 12:02   #83
BHPian

Default Re: Advice needed on buying a bullet std 350 Edit - Now Delivered

The old bullets are known for the simple timing setup, which really needs an expert mechanic to set it right.

The old Cast Iron bullets are also known to be rust buckets, which have a very big dependency on battery, wiring lights etc. a weak battery will give u enough of night mares.

buy the new one @vishwasvr, unless u are;

1. sold on spending atleast two weekends at your favorite mechanic's work shop in a month.
2. spending equal amount of money as that of a new bilke...on this old bike in the end, if not more.

Need to know more abt Bullet problems, encourage me to write more
shivshanker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote