Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 10th November 2009, 21:54   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
I want to find if Jalwa horns are still available. Probably would go there tomorrow itself and see what I can find.
Hi Shashank,

We recently put on a pair of Roots Windtones on a friend's Std 350 here in Chandigarh. They sound good & come from a reputed Indian company.

Another company you could try out is Hella (the product name is Twintone). Hella is costlier than Roots, but I am using Hella on my car & they sound great & loud.

Put on a good pair & I am sure you would get your money's worth. Let me know if you need Hella's, will tell you the genuine distributor in Delhi.

Take care.

Happythumping,
Prakhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
I checked Karol bagh, and even ventured to Jama Masjid to find them, but they are selling anything in name of Jalwa. Conclusion was that Windtone from roots were the closest thing to Jalwa, minus the looks. So I got them installed on my bike.

Originally, Jalwa came in 3 models, King, Prince and Mini. King was quite bulky and was used in Ambys. Bikes were fitted with Mini version of the same.
That's a good buy you made buddy, seems my last post was a little late

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Dippy : 11th November 2009 at 09:02. Reason: See note in post.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 11:30   #47
BHPian

Default Please change the Topic

Mods,
Request you to Change the topic to "Project Wanderer - RE 350 - Completed"

Regards,
SHubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 23:20   #48
BHPian

Hi Prakhar,
Can you please tell, how much you paid for Windtone.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 18th November 2009, 00:10   #49
BHPian

Shubhendra even though the question is not directed towards me, yet I will share my expense. I paid Rs.380 for the horns and around Rs.150 for fitting, including wiring and cut-out. The fitting is extremely professional and neat.
Shashank.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 15:11   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_m5_titus View Post
Shubendra, Sweet ride you have got there. I like the paint shade but I somehow feel the color of the seat does not gel with the paint shade. The tail light is kinda oversized for your bikes style of mudguard.
Nice to see the job get done. How much did this costed you totally for this job?

I believe you can fit a cofee brown covers, which might go well with the body color.
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 19:35   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Nice to see the job get done. How much did this costed you totally for this job?

I believe you can fit a cofee brown covers, which might go well with the body color.
Thanks agbenny. I didn't calculate total amount, because some small work is still pending but Total was somewhere around 25,000 excluding engine, chasis, front tyre and some small stuff. rest everything is changed to new.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 21st November 2009, 21:56   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Hi Prakhar,
Can you please tell, how much you paid for Windtone.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Hi Shubhendra,

I apologize for the late reply. The horns were bought for Rs.380 & the fitting which included a relay & wiring was Rs.120. The relay is not a reputed brand & we plan to change it to Bosch's or Hella's. A Hella relay would cost around 40-50 bucks.

Take care.

Happy thumping,
Prakhar
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2010, 11:54   #53
BHPian

Default Plese Change Topic Name

Mods,
Request you to change the name of thread to "Project Wanderer Completed"

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 21st March 2010, 12:31   #54
BHPian

Default Few Updated Pics

All,
After being away from T-Bhp for few months, Iam back now. After completing 2 Bulllet Project, I am now keenely interested in restoring a Triumph. Saerch has been started now let's see what comes next. Till the time enjoy few updated pics of Wanderer. I didnt upload these pics earlier. Its been fitted with new Legguard, Horn, and tyres.
After restoration it has been run for around 3000 Kms and its behaving good except for few niggles which come with Royal Enfield always.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Attached Thumbnails
All Bullet Gurus:: Need your Suggestion : Planning to Modify Bullet-Project Wanderer-dscn0059.jpg  

All Bullet Gurus:: Need your Suggestion : Planning to Modify Bullet-Project Wanderer-dscn0060.jpg  

All Bullet Gurus:: Need your Suggestion : Planning to Modify Bullet-Project Wanderer-dscn0061.jpg  

All Bullet Gurus:: Need your Suggestion : Planning to Modify Bullet-Project Wanderer-dscn0062.jpg  

Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 16:19   #55
BHPian

Default Re: Few Updated Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra
All,
After being away from T-Bhp for few months, Iam back now. After completing 2 Bulllet Project, I am now keenely interested in restoring a Triumph. Saerch has been started now let's see what comes next. Till the time enjoy few updated pics of Wanderer. I didnt upload these pics earlier. Its been fitted with new Legguard, Horn, and tyres.
After restoration it has been run for around 3000 Kms and its behaving good except for few niggles which come with Royal Enfield always.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Hi Shubendra,

Appreciate the nice work on the bull.

Coincidentally i have installed the same pair of seats ( same color as well ) for my 359 Std.

How is your driving experience with the same ? Have you happend to travel long distances?
I travel nearly 75KMs daily and frankly i dont find them much comfortable.
My handlebar is of RD350 to match the seating position. However its still painful sometimes.

I am planning to switch to Jeeper type seats with springs . What do you suggest?

-Sunny
Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 19:17   #56
BHPian

Default Re: Few Updated Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
...Till the time enjoy few updated pics of Wanderer. I didnt upload these pics earlier. Its been fitted with new Legguard, Horn, and tyres.
Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Beautiful bike and restoration.

Saw the same little appendage on your bike as this one detailed below, and wondering whether you (or any of the other Bullet gurus) know what its actual designed purpose is. It would seem to effectively do the same thing as the idle mixture adjustment screw (a.k.a. air-idle bypass, where via the port in the carb, air bypasses the slide) but to a larger degree, by bypassing the fuel-metering circuit (indeed, the whole carburetor) entirely, to whatever degree the adjustment screw (needle valve) is opened. I could imagine this being of some benefit at high altitude, where the in-carb bypass might not be able to provide a sufficient addition of air, and this second air-supply channel can compensate better.

Anyway, down in the plains, what do people surmise its purpose to be? Did the owner's manuals back then say anything about it? Why did RE fit these?

Being up here in the hills and struggling a bit to re-tune bikes on the roadside, I have a particular interest... if it's not too much a tangent from the thread's purpose...

Name:  P1020735.jpg
Views: 2685
Size:  70.6 KB

Thanks,
Eric
ringoism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2014, 11:18   #57
BHPian

Default Re: All Bullet Gurus:: Need your Suggestion : Planning to Modify Bullet-Project Wande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Hi Shubendra,

How is your driving experience with the same ? Have you happend to travel long distances?

I am planning to switch to Jeeper type seats with springs . What do you suggest?

-Sunny
Dear Sunny,
With this seat setup i have traveled around 500 kms in a day ( Nowdays i dont ride long distances) and i use it for daily commuting of 20 kms. I find these seats to be comfortable. You may want to increase the padding as original padding is not thick enough to sustain long rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringoism View Post
Beautiful bike and restoration.

It would seem to effectively do the same thing as the idle mixture adjustment screw (a.k.a. air-idle bypass, where via the port in the carb, air bypasses the slide) but to a larger degree, by bypassing the fuel-metering circuit (indeed, the whole carburetor) entirely, to whatever degree the adjustment screw (needle valve) is opened. I could imagine this being of some benefit at high altitude, where the in-carb bypass might not be able to provide a sufficient addition of air, and this second air-supply channel can compensate better.
This is what my understanding is, coincidentally we restored an old 80s bike one week back and asked the same question to mech and his answer was somewhat similar to you. FYI, he has removed this pipe from restored bullet whereas my bullet has mentioned pipe. His logic was removing pipe will eliminate back firing.
I can not comment further due to limited knowledge on this subject.

Regards,
Shubhendra