Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 00:58   #16
BHPian
 
2StrokeJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 230
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Satpal i suggest u go wih the 90/100 Ravi Nagesh kits available in Bangalore . They work are the best option in electricals for the RD350 . Points can be a real pain in the butt if they dont run rite especially once they are worn out . While getting on manifolds u might consider going for RX135 manifold and doing a U - tube mod . U might have to go a little rich with this . Some guys love this mod , some dont .

All sleeved barrels arnt bad . It depends who has done it . Sleeves can be equal / better than unsleeved barrels , it is something that depends on the quality of machinery and workmanship . but yes u cant go very wrong with unsleeved barrels unless the ports have been buggered . Get packing material / gaskets before u pull the barrels off . While changing ur manifolds check the condition of ur reeds .

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 18th September 2009 at 01:01.
2StrokeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 16:39   #17
BHPian
 
Satpal Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 35
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
Satpal i suggest u go wih the 90/100 Ravi Nagesh kits available in Bangalore . They work are the best option in electricals for the RD350 . Points can be a real pain in the butt if they dont run rite especially once they are worn out . While getting on manifolds u might consider going for RX135 manifold and doing a U - tube mod . U might have to go a little rich with this . Some guys love this mod , some dont .

All sleeved barrels arnt bad . It depends who has done it . Sleeves can be equal / better than unsleeved barrels , it is something that depends on the quality of machinery and workmanship . but yes u cant go very wrong with unsleeved barrels unless the ports have been buggered . Get packing material / gaskets before u pull the barrels off . While changing ur manifolds check the condition of ur reeds .
Thanks 2Stroke,

Will get the manifolds and the Points checked tomorrow and post a few pics of the reed cages too !
Still thinking about the CDI though...

Regards,
Satpal
Satpal Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 17:35   #18
BHPian
 
Satpal Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 35
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Okay this is what i found at a Mechanic who fixes Yezdi's and Jawa's near my Place,It seems that many mechanic's here in Hyderabad are getting RD's from all over North INDIA splly places small towns and villages,Rebuilding them with fresh sleeves and the extra shiny Chrome work(yuck !) and then selling it in Hyderabad and Bangalore at sky high prices....I met a guy there named Javed who says he is from Bhopal and is the RD GOD in INDIA and has many many RD's at his disposal and has been fixing them for a long long time now.... blah blah blah

Anyways here's an HT i found along with some other LT's at his place....
The LT's are all re built with new paint and many parts borrowed from the Rajdoot 175 and other bikes and the super Chrome thing.....

Here's the HT which is MH registered and running on standard bore/pistons,However it seems that Mr so called RD GOD has managed to find a replacement for the twin Carb's which were still to be shipped from where he bought the bike from,So he put in a Carb from an Autorickshaw
and the wiring is like noodles with wires going all places will get some clear pictures next time.....
Attached Thumbnails
RD 350 general advice-17092009031.jpg  

RD 350 general advice-17092009032.jpg  

RD 350 general advice-17092009033.jpg  

RD 350 general advice-17092009034.jpg  

Satpal Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 21:07   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

Dont allow them to play with your bike, use them for sourcing spares, get a good knowledgeble mechanic.These jugad work guys knows how to screw things.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2009, 02:25   #20
BHPian
 
Satpal Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 35
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Dont allow them to play with your bike, use them for sourcing spares, get a good knowledgeble mechanic.These jugad work guys knows how to screw things.

@Ajay ... Iam just trying to skow hoe these people treat RD's
I get my RD services at the hands of Janki Ram an old man who has been fixing RD's for a while now

-SATPAL
Satpal Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 00:34   #21
BHPian
 
Satpal Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 35
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hi all,

Please help me out i want to get rid of the CB POINTS ignition in my RD,RDD seems to be a bit heavy for my pocket, can someone seriously advise if i can use AUTOESCORTS CDI kit, i have heard it is static, what difference does it really make if it is static, i guess it will really make a difference to the way the bike runs and less maintainance( no points adjustments) will it also increase the FE and top speed ???? or shold i just wait untill i can lay my hands on a RDD digital CDI kit ???

Please advise
Satpal Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:36   #22
BHPian
 
slipstream's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 141
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satpal Singh View Post
Hi all,

Please help me out i want to get rid of the CB POINTS ignition in my RD,RDD seems to be a bit heavy for my pocket, can someone seriously advise if i can use AUTOESCORTS CDI kit, i have heard it is static, what difference does it really make if it is static, i guess it will really make a difference to the way the bike runs and less maintainance( no points adjustments) will it also increase the FE and top speed ???? or shold i just wait untill i can lay my hands on a RDD digital CDI kit ???

Please advise
I ran the autoescorts CDI on my RD for a while before I passed them onto a friend who wanted them. Pretty decent kits...its basically a double pulse kit i.e : will save you the trouble of points adjustments while retaining the power derived like on points. Any mech worth his salt should be able to get this installed for you and it also comes with a wiring diagram. You can also turn your headlights on without starting the bike just like in a points unit. Although I've heard the RDD kit is the ultimate CDI for the RD, I havent experienced it first hand and might not be able to comment on the same. Maybe you could try registering on wwwrddreamscom to check reviews by users if that helps.
slipstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:48   #23
BHPian
 
the_trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CHN/HYB
Posts: 211
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satpal Singh View Post
Hi all,

Please help me out i want to get rid of the CB POINTS ignition in my RD,RDD seems to be a bit heavy for my pocket, can someone seriously advise if i can use AUTOESCORTS CDI kit, i have heard it is static, what difference does it really make if it is static, i guess it will really make a difference to the way the bike runs and less maintainance( no points adjustments) will it also increase the FE and top speed ???? or shold i just wait untill i can lay my hands on a RDD digital CDI kit ???

Please advise
I have used the Autoescorts kit on RDs and it does a very decent job as a points replacement kit.

However for real results, I have seen rddreams kit work extremely well. And this was not just the case on one bike, but quite a few bikes. It is well worth the buy.

However, the attitude that come with it and the run down of anybody and everybody who will not associate the rddreams tag is uncalled for.

If you are interested, I can PM you the contact details of the Hyd RD group.
the_trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:05   #24
BHPian
 
Satpal Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 35
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Thanks Trooper !

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
I have used the Autoescorts kit on RDs and it does a very decent job as a points replacement kit.

However for real results, I have seen rddreams kit work extremely well. And this was not just the case on one bike, but quite a few bikes. It is well worth the buy.

However, the attitude that come with it and the run down of anybody and everybody who will not associate the rddreams tag is uncalled for.

If you are interested, I can PM you the contact details of the Hyd RD group.

Hi Trooper,

Thanks for the quick reply buddy, it will be really great if you can PM me tany details if Hyd RD Group.

-SATPAL
Satpal Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 23:11   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
ku69rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,293
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Default

Satpal,
Ravi Nagesh makes some decent CDI Kits. I have mine thats currently running with his kit, But sumhow i still miss the Points. Remember if the CDI Kit is not timed appropriately you might have to sacrifice on either initial or mid range or Top end. It will be very tough for you to manage a ideal combination of all 3 together. So please do think. Regarding the points yes its a lil bit of pain in the wrong place but once you pick up the nuances of riding a 350 they will not lost out their configuration that often. Having a steady riding style also helps a lot.
Regarding the sleeve nature, as long as the bike is performing to your expectations do not read much into. Have been having Rd from 1998 and have changed 3 so far. The first one was a scorcher even though it was on sleeve. It all depends on the tempering of the material thats been used. Do PM if you need any help on Rd's.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General motors is ruining the opel brand name devarshi84 The Indian Car Scene 31 5th December 2013 15:12
Advice needed on buying a bullet std 350 Edit - Now Delivered sudheermenon Motorbikes 82 16th December 2011 12:02
Std 350? Hmmm Electra 5s? Or Mach 350? vinit.merchant Motorbikes 38 10th August 2009 13:57
Not Yet True : MUL buys General Motors(in 2025) !!!! SUV The Indian Car Scene 16 31st January 2006 01:14
General discussion on drag racing Rtech Indian Motorsport 45 17th March 2005 10:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks