Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:14   #46
BHPian
 
indian21r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 733
Thanked: 262 Times
Default

How I wish I can be part of this. I have my bull in hand but can't do anything other than start it. I am pissed of that they don't issue a usable Temporary Registration in Mumbai.

I have the bike and a long weekend
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 21:28   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 694 Times
Default

Hope you guys have safe rides back! Eagerly awaiting the updates, pics et al!
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 11:05   #48
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,662 Times
Default

Was an AWESOME RM.
Full marks to the InddieThumpers.

Good food, great venue. Lots of FUN.

Advance warning: Next RM is at Kolkatta. It is being hosted by the Easter Bulls.
Get your engines ready. This will the longest ride for an RM for riders from Hyderabad.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 11:10   #49
BHPian
 
deepikins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 60
Thanked: 2 Times
Smile cool RM...

Agree with you bblost.... this was a fun RM... this was my first and by no means the last.... Kolkatta , here i come.......


Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by bblost : 27th January 2010 at 12:36. Reason: ... post. Warning Added.
deepikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 12:27   #50
BHPian
 
throttleking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 780
Thanked: 336 Times
Default

It was one great RM. We all had a blast.

Bblost, it was really nice meeting you.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 15:54   #51
BHPian
 
amip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 166
Thanked: Once
Default

My first RM - what an experience! Tough to make the mental transition back to work. Imran - was great to finally meet you.
amip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 17:43   #52
BHPian
 
ajnagpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nagpur, Pune, Washington DC
Posts: 253
Thanked: 143 Times
Thumbs up

It was my First RM & had a gr8 time there. Very well managed by IndieThumpers.
ajnagpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 10:54   #53
BHPian
 
rm_arjuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 448
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

pics , consolation for soul's like me , had to cancel at last minute. when is the kol RM any tentative dates.
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 11:04   #54
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,662 Times
Default

The Republic day weekend.

Will keep you guys posted on any new developments.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 19:53   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Manipal
Posts: 69
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Kolkata...Long Ride???

To begin with, I am Super Jealous of all of you!! You got to be at an RM and I didn't.

As for Kolkata...riding there is no sweat. The tough part is to stay awake on your bike on NH-5.

What was the attendance from 23ONE like?


Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Was an AWESOME RM.
Full marks to the InddieThumpers.

Good food, great venue. Lots of FUN.

Advance warning: Next RM is at Kolkatta. It is being hosted by the Easter Bulls.
Get your engines ready. This will the longest ride for an RM for riders from Hyderabad.
justROYal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 23:59   #56
BHPian
 
chethan.ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 159
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Royal Enfield Rider Mania 2010

Official word from Royal Enfield.

The Royal Enfield Rider Mania 2010 is a 3 day biker fest that brings together hundreds of Royal Enfield Riders from all over India in Goa from the 19th to 21st November 2010.

In its eigth edition this is "The Event" where you meet passionate Enfield fans and unwind with lots of music and bond as one family. During day the riders from various parts of the country swap ride stories,discuss bikes and compete against each other to become the rider of the year. Once the Sun goes down the party begins, with Rock Bands and DJs belting out some cool music, and it ends late.

Various competitions (Dirt Track Racing,Trials,Slow Race, Figure of 8 and the signature Carry Your Enfield to name a few) Custom Bike and Bike photography shows will keep you occupied for 3 days. Other major attarctions will be non stop biking videos and the availability of genuine Royal Enfield Merchandise. Stalls selling biking gear, Tattoo artists and others will ensure that you carry back something apart from fond memories of Rider Mania 2010


Royal Enfield | Royal Enfield Rider Mania 2010

Last edited by bblost : 7th October 2010 at 14:57. Reason: Please check forum rules, esp rule #11. Thanks.
chethan.ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 11:32   #57
BHPian
 
throttleking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 780
Thanked: 336 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
Official word from Royal Enfield.

The Royal Enfield Rider Mania 2010 is a 3 day biker fest that brings together hundreds of Royal Enfield Riders from all over India in Goa from the 19th to 21st November 2010.

In its eigth edition this is "The Event" where you meet passionate Enfield fans and unwind with lots of music and bond as one family. During day the riders from various parts of the country swap ride stories,discuss bikes and compete against each other to become the rider of the year. Once the Sun goes down the party begins, with Rock Bands and DJs belting out some cool music, and it ends late.

Various competitions (Dirt Track Racing,Trials,Slow Race, Figure of 8 and the signature Carry Your Enfield to name a few) Custom Bike and Bike photography shows will keep you occupied for 3 days. Other major attarctions will be non stop biking videos and the availability of genuine Royal Enfield Merchandise. Stalls selling biking gear, Tattoo artists and others will ensure that you carry back something apart from fond memories of Rider Mania 2010


Royal Enfield | Royal Enfield Rider Mania 2010
Royal Enfield Rider Mania started last year, then how come it is eighth edition? RE is acting funny day by day.

Last edited by bblost : 7th October 2010 at 14:58. Reason: Quoted post has been edited. Thanks.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 12:28   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 694 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Royal Enfield Rider Mania started last year, then how come it is eighth edition? RE is acting funny day by day.
True - and RE has slyly taken over using the Rider Mania name!
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 13:37   #59
BHPian
 
chethan.ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 159
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Royal Enfield Rider Mania started last year, then how come it is eighth edition? RE is acting funny day by day.
Oh! Really? I was not aware of this. I have been following for more than a year now. I was under the impression that the RM was always done by RE.
chethan.ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 14:48   #60
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,662 Times
Default

As a regular RM guy, I can assure you that RE has nothing to do with RM as of now.
They used to be a part of RM till RM 8 conducted in Hyderabad.

After this the clubs parted ways with RE and decided to go it alone.
So now you have two rider mania's

Hosted by the clubs in January. For 2011, the honor of hosting it is with Eastern Bulls, Kolkatta.

RE conducts its own road-show sometime in November. Always at Goa.

RM belongs to the clubs and except one or two nationally known clubs most of us ignore them.

You can read some of my travelogues to get an idea of what to expect at the Rider Mania.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jaipur's 18th Vintage & Classic Car Rally - 23rd & 24th January, 2016 KartikeyaL Vintage Cars & Classics in India 8 3rd May 2016 21:46
Ceat Rider Mania 2015: Chandigarh, January 23-25, 2015 Aditya Motorbikes 1 23rd January 2015 23:02
Speedway 2011 : Mumbai drag races on 22nd & 23rd January! GTO Indian Motorsport 146 19th March 2011 00:59
Race Legends Drag Race on 23rd & 24th May, 2009 @ Kharghar GTO Indian Motorsport 48 20th May 2009 14:24
rider mania sanket12 Motorbikes 7 2nd January 2005 21:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks