Team-BHP - Singapore Bikers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Singapore Bikers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/66671-singapore-bikers.html)

Hi Guys,

I was a car enthusiast in bangalore, but now have relocated to Singapore.
Cars are damn expensive here so cant even think of buying cars.

But I am getting my hands on a Honda Phantom TA200 Bike. I would like to know if there are any T-BHPians that are Bike crazy and from Singapore!

We could form a club!

Cheers,
Revhappy

Quote:

Originally Posted by revhappy (Post 1512725)
Hi Guys,

I was a car enthusiast in bangalore, but now have relocated to Singapore.
Cars are damn expensive here so cant even think of buying cars.

But I am getting my hands on a Honda Phantom TA200 Bike. I would like to know if there are any T-BHPians that are Bike crazy and from Singapore!

We could form a club!

Cheers,
Revhappy

there are a couple of Tbhpians (1 of them is Mclaren Rulz) in Singapore now. not sure if they are bikers. check with one of them and you can meet up.

Sunnyboi is a biker in Singapore. I believe he owns an NSR\NSX 125\150. Not too sure.

Hi revhappy

Welcome to Singapore!

Cars are indeed too expensive. I'd suggest you do not go for the phantom unless you are the laid back riders kinda guy. I have a NSR 150 SP and i have way too much fun :D Went to the track this morning, here's a snap

Singapore Bikers-_mg_0396.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBoi (Post 1513019)
Hi revhappy

Welcome to Singapore!

Cars are indeed too expensive. I'd suggest you do not go for the phantom unless you are the laid back riders kinda guy. I have a NSR 150 SP and i have way too much fun :D Went to the track this morning, here's a snap

Attachment 202133

S'pore has a race track?? Didn't know that. Curiosity question. do you Bhpians in S'pore meet up?

I think we are quite a few BHPians in Singapore. Lets meet up.

I think we face similar issues, I also was a car enthusiast when I was in Delhi but cars are so expensive I can't even think of buying one. I recently bought a bicycle to move around a little bit. I am also toying with the idea of buying a bike but really don't know how to go about buying one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_2006 (Post 1513585)
I think we are quite a few BHPians in Singapore. Lets meet up.

I think we face similar issues, I also was a car enthusiast when I was in Delhi but cars are so expensive I can't even think of buying one. I recently bought a bicycle to move around a little bit. I am also toying with the idea of buying a bike but really don't know how to go about buying one.

tell you what, you guys should meet for the singapore edition of international TBhpians meet.

Hi Guys, I am also in Singapore and planning to buy a bike asI cannot afford a car here. Let’s meet up someday. revhappy and I work together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhijitvp (Post 1513639)
Hi Guys, I am also in Singapore and planning to buy a bike asI cannot afford a car here. Let’s meet up someday. revhappy and I work together.

Someday / Tomorrow never comes :)

Shall we tentatively fix 9th / 10th Oct for the meet. If we meet on 9th we could meet up at Boat Quay / Clarke Quay in the evening say @ 7 PM or if we meet on decide on 10th, pls suggest something else.

I work in CBD (near raffles) and stay in Tampines. What about you guys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBoi (Post 1513019)
Hi revhappy

Welcome to Singapore!

Attachment 202133

Thanks SunnyBoi, well I kinda like the Cruiser stying of the Phantom, its excellent for cruising on the lovely PIE and also for long rides to Malaysia also my friend is selling it to me for a decent price (1700$, 2004 model,18k kms run)

That pic is awesome! I just read about your bike it is amazing how a 150CC can deliver 40 PS of power. Can you please share some of your ownership experience, like how do you maintain it and the procedures you need to follow like taking it for inspection before renewing road tax etc. I have tried doing some research about it but not much info on the web.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_2006 (Post 1513650)
Someday / Tomorrow never comes :)

Shall we tentatively fix 9th / 10th Oct for the meet. If we meet on 9th we could meet up at Boat Quay / Clarke Quay in the evening say @ 7 PM or if we meet on decide on 10th, pls suggest something else.

I work in CBD (near raffles) and stay in Tampines. What about you guys?

@dj_2006, we work at Changi Business park and live close to our office. Next week may be a little difficult as I will be a lil busy, how about end of this month? And by then we should have more members..

End of month is also fine with me.

BTW SGD 1700 for a Honda Phantom is a great deal

Its a 150 but 40bhp?? wow!

JK, that's 2 stroke for you. Zero power below 4K RPM & roars above 7K till it's 11K redline. Loads of fun.

Just imagine. The about-to-be-launched 4-stroke Ninja 250 will struggle to do 160 over here, and this 150cc meanie will happily hit 180+. People would argue that the NSR has a weight plus 6-odd bhp advantage, but hey, it's also has 100cc less and misses an additional cylinder...

I would pick this over a 400 anyday. Had it been the NSR 250, it's goodbye 600s. Nice ride there, sunnyboi.

Two strokes are still allowed on Singapore roads?

Quote:

Originally Posted by revhappy (Post 1514237)
Thanks SunnyBoi, well I kinda like the Cruiser stying of the Phantom, its excellent for cruising on the lovely PIE and also for long rides to Malaysia also my friend is selling it to me for a decent price (1700$, 2004 model,18k kms run)

Theres nothing lovely about PIE. traffic jams all the time. Hit AYE at the end, KJE, SLE if you need some thrill. Was cruising at 130-140 all the time whole way on the way to the track from home this saturday.
Quote:

That pic is awesome! I just read about your bike it is amazing how a 150CC can deliver 40 PS of power. Can you please share some of your ownership experience, like how do you maintain it and the procedures you need to follow like taking it for inspection before renewing road tax etc. I have tried doing some research about it but not much info on the web.

No maintenance! Fill 2T and petrol thats it. However once had to fix my leaking forks and clutch, 100$ to chage fork seals and 75$ to fix the clutch. sigh. Tyres cost ~215$ per pair.

Renewing road tax is easy. Just go to a NTUC or post office and pay. Inspection is also easy, hardly takes 5 mins.

Gimme a holler if you need any specific details.

Quote:

@dj_2006, we work at Changi Business park and live close to our office. Next week may be a little difficult as I will be a lil busy, how about end of this month? And by then we should have more members..

I stay at Punggol and work near Fusionopolis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron1 (Post 1514570)
JK, that's 2 stroke for you. Zero power below 4K RPM & roars above 7K till it's 11K redline. Loads of fun.

Just imagine. The about-to-be-launched 4-stroke Ninja 250 will struggle to do 160 over here, and this 150cc meanie will happily hit 180+. People would argue that the NSR has a weight plus 6-odd bhp advantage, but hey, it's also has 100cc less and misses an additional cylinder...

I would pick this over a 400 anyday. Had it been the NSR 250, it's goodbye 600s. Nice ride there, sunnyboi.

Yep. But, will upgrade to an Aprilia RS250 once i get my 2A license :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 1514597)
Two strokes are still allowed on Singapore roads?

Yes.