Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2009, 15:33   #1
BHPian
 
revhappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 307
Thanked: Once
Default Singapore Bikers

Hi Guys,

I was a car enthusiast in bangalore, but now have relocated to Singapore.
Cars are damn expensive here so cant even think of buying cars.

But I am getting my hands on a Honda Phantom TA200 Bike. I would like to know if there are any T-BHPians that are Bike crazy and from Singapore!

We could form a club!

Cheers,
Revhappy
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 16:18   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
14000rpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 1,865
Thanked: 584 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Hi Guys,

I was a car enthusiast in bangalore, but now have relocated to Singapore.
Cars are damn expensive here so cant even think of buying cars.

But I am getting my hands on a Honda Phantom TA200 Bike. I would like to know if there are any T-BHPians that are Bike crazy and from Singapore!

We could form a club!

Cheers,
Revhappy
there are a couple of Tbhpians (1 of them is Mclaren Rulz) in Singapore now. not sure if they are bikers. check with one of them and you can meet up.
14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 16:33   #3
BHPian
 
GreaseMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 281
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Sunnyboi is a biker in Singapore. I believe he owns an NSR\NSX 125\150. Not too sure.
GreaseMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 20:28   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,584
Thanked: 2,784 Times
Default

Hi revhappy

Welcome to Singapore!

Cars are indeed too expensive. I'd suggest you do not go for the phantom unless you are the laid back riders kinda guy. I have a NSR 150 SP and i have way too much fun Went to the track this morning, here's a snap

Singapore Bikers-_mg_0396.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 00:38   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
14000rpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 1,865
Thanked: 584 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Hi revhappy

Welcome to Singapore!

Cars are indeed too expensive. I'd suggest you do not go for the phantom unless you are the laid back riders kinda guy. I have a NSR 150 SP and i have way too much fun Went to the track this morning, here's a snap

Attachment 202133
S'pore has a race track?? Didn't know that. Curiosity question. do you Bhpians in S'pore meet up?
14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 12:35   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 61
Thanked: Once
Default Lets meet up

I think we are quite a few BHPians in Singapore. Lets meet up.

I think we face similar issues, I also was a car enthusiast when I was in Delhi but cars are so expensive I can't even think of buying one. I recently bought a bicycle to move around a little bit. I am also toying with the idea of buying a bike but really don't know how to go about buying one.
dj_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 13:19   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
14000rpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 1,865
Thanked: 584 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_2006 View Post
I think we are quite a few BHPians in Singapore. Lets meet up.

I think we face similar issues, I also was a car enthusiast when I was in Delhi but cars are so expensive I can't even think of buying one. I recently bought a bicycle to move around a little bit. I am also toying with the idea of buying a bike but really don't know how to go about buying one.
tell you what, you guys should meet for the singapore edition of international TBhpians meet.
14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 13:34   #8
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 147
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Hi Guys, I am also in Singapore and planning to buy a bike asI cannot afford a car here. Let’s meet up someday. revhappy and I work together.
abhijitvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 13:46   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 61
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitvp View Post
Hi Guys, I am also in Singapore and planning to buy a bike asI cannot afford a car here. Let’s meet up someday. revhappy and I work together.
Someday / Tomorrow never comes

Shall we tentatively fix 9th / 10th Oct for the meet. If we meet on 9th we could meet up at Boat Quay / Clarke Quay in the evening say @ 7 PM or if we meet on decide on 10th, pls suggest something else.

I work in CBD (near raffles) and stay in Tampines. What about you guys?
dj_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 23:15   #10
BHPian
 
revhappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 307
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Hi revhappy

Welcome to Singapore!

Cars are indeed too expensive. I'd suggest you do not go for the phantom unless you are the laid back riders kinda guy. I have a NSR 150 SP and i have way too much fun Went to the track this morning, here's a snap

Attachment 202133
Thanks SunnyBoi, well I kinda like the Cruiser stying of the Phantom, its excellent for cruising on the lovely PIE and also for long rides to Malaysia also my friend is selling it to me for a decent price (1700$, 2004 model,18k kms run)

That pic is awesome! I just read about your bike it is amazing how a 150CC can deliver 40 PS of power. Can you please share some of your ownership experience, like how do you maintain it and the procedures you need to follow like taking it for inspection before renewing road tax etc. I have tried doing some research about it but not much info on the web.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_2006 View Post
Someday / Tomorrow never comes

Shall we tentatively fix 9th / 10th Oct for the meet. If we meet on 9th we could meet up at Boat Quay / Clarke Quay in the evening say @ 7 PM or if we meet on decide on 10th, pls suggest something else.

I work in CBD (near raffles) and stay in Tampines. What about you guys?
@dj_2006, we work at Changi Business park and live close to our office. Next week may be a little difficult as I will be a lil busy, how about end of this month? And by then we should have more members..

Last edited by revhappy : 4th October 2009 at 23:19.
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 08:30   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 61
Thanked: Once
Default

End of month is also fine with me.

BTW SGD 1700 for a Honda Phantom is a great deal
dj_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 08:34   #12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Its a 150 but 40bhp?? wow!
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 10:36   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
veyron1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

JK, that's 2 stroke for you. Zero power below 4K RPM & roars above 7K till it's 11K redline. Loads of fun.

Just imagine. The about-to-be-launched 4-stroke Ninja 250 will struggle to do 160 over here, and this 150cc meanie will happily hit 180+. People would argue that the NSR has a weight plus 6-odd bhp advantage, but hey, it's also has 100cc less and misses an additional cylinder...

I would pick this over a 400 anyday. Had it been the NSR 250, it's goodbye 600s. Nice ride there, sunnyboi.
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 10:52   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
Gansan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,428
Thanked: 878 Times
Default

Two strokes are still allowed on Singapore roads?
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 18:39   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,584
Thanked: 2,784 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Thanks SunnyBoi, well I kinda like the Cruiser stying of the Phantom, its excellent for cruising on the lovely PIE and also for long rides to Malaysia also my friend is selling it to me for a decent price (1700$, 2004 model,18k kms run)
Theres nothing lovely about PIE. traffic jams all the time. Hit AYE at the end, KJE, SLE if you need some thrill. Was cruising at 130-140 all the time whole way on the way to the track from home this saturday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
That pic is awesome! I just read about your bike it is amazing how a 150CC can deliver 40 PS of power. Can you please share some of your ownership experience, like how do you maintain it and the procedures you need to follow like taking it for inspection before renewing road tax etc. I have tried doing some research about it but not much info on the web.
No maintenance! Fill 2T and petrol thats it. However once had to fix my leaking forks and clutch, 100$ to chage fork seals and 75$ to fix the clutch. sigh. Tyres cost ~215$ per pair.

Renewing road tax is easy. Just go to a NTUC or post office and pay. Inspection is also easy, hardly takes 5 mins.

Gimme a holler if you need any specific details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
@dj_2006, we work at Changi Business park and live close to our office. Next week may be a little difficult as I will be a lil busy, how about end of this month? And by then we should have more members..
I stay at Punggol and work near Fusionopolis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
JK, that's 2 stroke for you. Zero power below 4K RPM & roars above 7K till it's 11K redline. Loads of fun.

Just imagine. The about-to-be-launched 4-stroke Ninja 250 will struggle to do 160 over here, and this 150cc meanie will happily hit 180+. People would argue that the NSR has a weight plus 6-odd bhp advantage, but hey, it's also has 100cc less and misses an additional cylinder...

I would pick this over a 400 anyday. Had it been the NSR 250, it's goodbye 600s. Nice ride there, sunnyboi.
Yep. But, will upgrade to an Aprilia RS250 once i get my 2A license

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Two strokes are still allowed on Singapore roads?
Yes.
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many bikers in here and what do you ride? Rtech Motorbikes 1200 18th November 2017 02:02
Bikers Meet Mumbai What you say? pdev29 The Team-BHP Meet Section 189 9th August 2006 18:00
Greetings from México, esp 2 bikers! El Alef Introduce yourself 20 17th February 2006 18:23
600 Crazy Bikers meeting tommorow Night 3 am (Delhi)!! a4_attitude The Team-BHP Meet Section 1 23rd September 2005 23:31
Bullet Expedition by Bangalore bikers Samurai Motorbikes 7 31st August 2005 09:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:08.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks