Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 7th October 2009, 18:00   #16
BHPian

Dont make that mistake Mate.

You might be able to buy a Ninja after sometime or on loan but getting your hands on a RD which is in a well maintained condition is next to impossible atleast at a decent pricing.

So keep you old war horse and try to wait for sometime till Ninja can join your stable.
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 20:01   #17
BHPian

Wow, I had no idea there's still so much passion for the fuel guzzling, oil slurping RD.
here's mine;
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post1510597 (Modified Indian bikes - Post your pics here and ONLY here)

Engine is still all original, as I haven't used it all that much since I bought it from the first owner in [I think] 1986.
ALWAYS had good air filters, and before I park it for the monsoon I squirt a lot of oil into the carb throats when it's running, then shut it down and seal the intakes + exhausts with plastic bags.
anjuna mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 22:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Noooo. Don't sell RD. You may not get another good one. Ninja may be 25 years younger, more modern, more BHP and brstling with technology but trust me, RD will blow it into weeds in acceleration.

Also, being 2-cylinder bike, baby Ninja's sound is not at all exciting like its inline-four big brothers. Check out the youtube videos and do the comparison. Wish Kawa had launched an inline 4-cylinder bike along the lines of Honda's CBR 250. Inline four cylinder bikes, whether 250 cc or 1000 cc sound almost same. It is pure ecstassy.
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 22:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Yes, Please go ahead & sell it !! ( To me ) !!!

PM me for further details.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 22:58   #20
BHPian

Dude frankly speaking i guess you can sell your bike.If someone is willing to buy it then go ahead.The 250 is one hell of a bike real 33ps of power and goes faster than the RD gives better efficiency.Just check the international forums and reviews stick to the 350 only if are a 2 stroker fan.Maybe if you can import a bike then go for a used Aprilia RS250 as they dont make them anymore.
Progamersparsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 00:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

If it was a stock bike (by the looks of it, I mean), then I would have recommended not selling it. If its the bike you've modified, with the cut out red tank et al, then I would definitely recommend giving it up for the Ninja. We'r talking about comparing a refined sportsbike with a modified legend. If the legend were in its old glory, then the comparison wouldn't make sense.
If you can't afford both bikes, then hang on a bit more and see how the Ninja fairs in India.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 06:34   #22
BHPian

Default Here are the pics....

Here are the pics guys.
Sorry for the bad quality
Taken from iphone
I did went to the probiking showroom and the bike is good however the price is tooo high
I would rather go for a 600cc bike if its launched in future

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Should I Sell my RD 350 & Buy the Ninja 250?-img_0067.jpg  

Should I Sell my RD 350 & Buy the Ninja 250?-img_0066.jpg  

Should I Sell my RD 350 & Buy the Ninja 250?-img_0065.jpg  

Should I Sell my RD 350 & Buy the Ninja 250?-img_0064.jpg  

Last edited by bblost : 14th October 2009 at 21:16.
vinjaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 09:05   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

A 2x1 chamber? Odd to say the least.

Normally I'd say keep the RD. But in this case I dont think youll miss much by selling it.
Do you have the original exhausts? In what condition?

Pls. PM if you decide to sell bike or exhausts.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 09:32   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
A 2x1 chamber? Odd to say the least.

Normally I'd say keep the RD. But in this case I dont think youll miss much by selling it.
Do you have the original exhausts? In what condition?

Pls. PM if you decide to sell bike or exhausts.

Regards
Sutripta
Yes I have it but do not want to sell it as I have dropped my plan of getting Ninja
Old 8th October 2009, 09:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

going against the stream here, i would say sell off the RD. given that it is a cult bike, you may get a fairly good price for it. sell it and buy the Ninja that is bang upto date in terms of tech and dynamic ability, comes with warranty and manufacturer support.

Also, your RD is no longer stock and I doubt if the 2x1 exhaust can give the same note as the original exhausts.

Seriously guys, emotional quotient apart, how can you compare an RD to the Ninja!!
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 09:48   #26
BHPian

@ vinjaram;
hi i see your location: pune and looking at the bike i can almost be certain you have got it done at jatin bhapkar (mods, if i am not allowed to post a mechanic's name, please edit or let me edit it).
you also mention that bike has been restored in nov 2008. did you own it before? or did you buy it after restoration?
thus i echo reactions from a few others that if the bike is original (cosmetics apart); i mean only engine; then keep it.
i dont see many cycle parts which are original on the bike.
otherwise it would not be extremely difficult to find another RD like this.
personally i dislike the 2*1 exhaust. so if you have OE pipes, put them on and sell, you ll get a better price.

somehow, i am not convinced the ninja can be used as an everyday bike to take to college, work or whatever. for me it would always be a weekend bike only.
nitrogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 11:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogary View Post
@ vinjaram;
hi i see your location: pune and looking at the bike i can almost be certain you have got it done at jatin bhapkar (mods, if i am not allowed to post a mechanic's name, please edit or let me edit it).
you also mention that bike has been restored in nov 2008. did you own it before? or did you buy it after restoration?
thus i echo reactions from a few others that if the bike is original (cosmetics apart); i mean only engine; then keep it.
i dont see many cycle parts which are original on the bike.
otherwise it would not be extremely difficult to find another RD like this.
personally i dislike the 2*1 exhaust. so if you have OE pipes, put them on and sell, you ll get a better price.

somehow, i am not convinced the ninja can be used as an everyday bike to take to college, work or whatever. for me it would always be a weekend bike only.
I have purchased and refurbished it.
The engine (refurbished in front of me with all genuine parts), chaise, tank and all are original just the exhaust and indicators are not. I have putted this exhaust cause it sounds good. I will get the Protons performance exhaust and will put it on RD....
Old 8th October 2009, 13:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

Sure get that performance pipes if they really makes your RD go faster than stock RD and dosent eats up the engine life.
If you have stock pipes clean them and fix it these 2x1 pipes are just show off no boost in power.Theres no match of HT pipes sound.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 15:40   #29
BHPian

Buddy, I think even thinking of selling your RD350 is a very crazy act. Don't do it please. Even if you get a chance to buy a Harley, then also don't sell it. Keep your RD and buy any other bike you want. You have it, so you can't evaluate it's true value. The moment you sell it, you will feel the emptyness. Please, don't sell your RD.
milindajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 16:31   #30
BHPian

Do people really get fed up with an RD350??? Thats really strange!!! dont sell it buddy, it a classic. the only thing you need to do on your RD is to put back the OEM exhaust pipes.
ron_9191 is offline   Reply With Quote