Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 13:51   #136
BHPian
 
jingaboysr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore, Cochin
Posts: 270
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Even i've heard these rules, but they are not followed in practice. Try finding spares for engine parts for a CI 500 now.. And it has been in production atleast till 2005.

How different are the AVL engines from the UCEs? Are there a lot of different parts between these two?
jingaboysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 17:32   #137
BHPian
 
nasirkaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 749
Thanked: 399 Times
Default

Quote:
How different are the AVL engines from the UCEs? Are there a lot of different parts between these two?
I think the AVL type is more closely related to CI than to UCE.

Some of the differences are clearly illustrate in the attached PDF. please have a look.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UK_Bullet_EFI.pdf (1.59 MB, 4377 views)
nasirkaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 09:18   #138
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 83
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

2006 RE Electra
Colour: Silver
Silver Alloy Wheels
Mileage: 40k

Approx price range please?
smokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 20:32   #139
BHPian
 
nawabnabeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 194
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

r15 2008. run less than 4000kms genuine. single owner blue color. how much for this 1
nawabnabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 22:57   #140
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Benga'loo'ru
Posts: 290
Thanked: Once
Default

Guys,

How much should I pay for a 2006-Kinetic Blaze 2nd owner in Bangalore?

vehicle run 15K and looks like well maintained with Front Disc Brakes.

Also let me know if this is a good vehicle for a lady (beginner)
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 08:09   #141
BHPian
 
msvg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA / Bangalore
Posts: 197
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Guys,

How much should I pay for a 2006-Kinetic Blaze 2nd owner in Bangalore?

vehicle run 15K and looks like well maintained with Front Disc Brakes.

Also let me know if this is a good vehicle for a lady (beginner)

Definitely not a good bike for lady's as its bulky and for sure not good for learning.
msvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 10:15   #142
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Benga'loo'ru
Posts: 290
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Definitely not a good bike for lady's as its bulky and for sure not good for learning.
Ok, I am planning to buy a scooter for my Fiancé but don't want to go for a new one because I know she won't ride it after a month. So how much should I pay for a second hand? Will I get one in Bangalore for 15K?
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 10:59   #143
BHPian
 
Philistine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 38
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokie View Post
2006 RE Electra
Colour: Silver
Silver Alloy Wheels
Mileage: 40k

Approx price range please?
Assuming that this is a 5s with Disc Brake and ES, you can expect/part with anywhere between 60K and 65k.

Last edited by Philistine : 25th May 2010 at 11:12. Reason: Sentence Correction
Philistine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 13:11   #144
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,388
Thanked: 782 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Ok, I am planning to buy a scooter for my Fiancé but don't want to go for a new one because I know she won't ride it after a month. So how much should I pay for a second hand? Will I get one in Bangalore for 15K?
You can get used TVS scooty in that range for sure. And it will be best suited for beginners as its light and easy to handle.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 13:22   #145
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Benga'loo'ru
Posts: 290
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
You can get used TVS scooty in that range for sure. And it will be best suited for beginners as its light and easy to handle.
I thought of Blaze because then, I could sell my Pulsar and both of us could use Blaze. Scooty is kind of funny for guys. Today I saw the top speed is around 90KMPH in Scooty.
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 13:42   #146
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,627
Thanked: 1,872 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
How much should I pay for a 2006-Kinetic Blaze 2nd owner in Bangalore?
@Ranjan - Did you know that there're no more Kinetic showrooms or service centers? Probably you may need to ask if Mahindra Scooters will service them, provided the parts are still available.

You've variety of other choices man, go hunting in the order of Access/Pleasure/Pep/Activa. Good Luck.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 13:48   #147
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Benga'loo'ru
Posts: 290
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Ranjan - Did you know that there're no more Kinetic showrooms or service centers? Probably you may need to ask if Mahindra Scooters will service them, provided the parts are still available.

You've variety of other choices man, go hunting in the order of Access/Pleasure/Pep/Activa. Good Luck.
Idea was to get a single bike for both of us without spending much. There are showrooms which service them, there's one in old airport road. Since the usage will not be much so I don't think a specialist is required. And anyways, I can't expect all the luxuries and needs in a budget of 20K

I will be using it for max 5KM/day

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 25th May 2010 at 13:50.
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 13:52   #148
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 166
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

How much would a 2003 Pulsar 180 fetch? It's a single owner, done around 30k km. I was thinking around 35K, but a local mechanic said that 180s are tough to sell and offered to buy it for 15K. Is he bullsh***ing me?
jaganm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 16:12   #149
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,388
Thanked: 782 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Idea was to get a single bike for both of us without spending much. And anyways, I can't expect all the luxuries and needs in a budget of 20K

I will be using it for max 5KM/day
If its a single bike for both of you, Dio/Access/Activa are good choices as scooty would rarely suit male riders. But for 20k I have not seen good used examples of Dio/Activa's in the market. Just scout around for a while and you should land up with one soon!
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 19:18   #150
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Benga'loo'ru
Posts: 290
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
How much would a 2003 Pulsar 180 fetch? It's a single owner, done around 30k km. I was thinking around 35K, but a local mechanic said that 180s are tough to sell and offered to buy it for 15K. Is he bullsh***ing me?
No. 180s have a pathetic resale value. 2003 itself is way too back. So 15K is a correct figure. Don't buy it in more than that no matter how well it is maintained.
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1) numerouno The Indian Car Scene 12060 27th May 2017 15:34
The "Car / Bike got stolen" Thread sriku Shifting gears 196 25th May 2017 18:00
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6371 19th May 2017 16:11
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:43.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks