Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 5th April 2011, 18:49   #256
BHPian

Default Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Get the bike checked thoroughly at a SVC for accidents or major spills.
Bikes with 3rd party insurance are always a suspect at least when I am hunting for used bikes. Comp insurance for bikes does not cost much more than 3rd party and it can be done even if the previous insurance has expired.

66k is a pretty decent price but I would not close the deal unless certified by Yamaha SVC that the bike is not an accident one. That's just me!
yes i agree on this. But the bike doesn't have any scratches on the body panels or the chasis (Visible Area). The bike doesnt wobble while riding at all.
Still i shall get the bike checked at Malad Yamaha SC before buying. Is the price ok for Mumbai?
pulsarmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 19:42   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
Still i shall get the bike checked at Malad Yamaha SC before buying. Is the price ok for Mumbai?
Visually the bike can be made to look the part. But since you say that the bike rides well and there are no unusual noises from the engine or any other dept. looks like a good candidate. But please do get it checked as you have decided.

And the price is quite good. It has not run too much as well. All the best!
abhinav.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 19:49   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Visually the bike can be made to look the part. But since you say that the bike rides well and there are no unusual noises from the engine or any other dept. looks like a good candidate. But please do get it checked as you have decided.

And the price is quite good. It has not run too much as well. All the best!
Thanks Abhinav! I will update here regarding this soon.
Old 9th April 2011, 10:31   #259
BHPian

The R15 deal didn't work out well. The owner was not ready for the checkup at SVC. So i called it off. Got myself a 2008 Pulsar 200 (12000 kms) for 40k. The bike seems to be in pristine condition. Rode it for around 20 kms yesterday and there were no niggles whatsoever. Need to ride more to get the real feel of the bike though.
Old 28th June 2011, 13:47   #260
BHPian

How much could I expect for a August '09 registered Honda Dio? It has done about 14,000 kms in 22 months (with 70-80% of the riding done on highways). Has comprehensive insurance, 3 months valid PUC and had put a new battery about a month back. Always parked under stilt parking in the complex and has no rust. A bit of scratches on the silencer cover, that's it.

Last edited by prateekm : 28th June 2011 at 13:51.
prateekm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 13:58   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
How much could I expect for a August '09 registered Honda Dio? It has done about 14,000 kms in 22 months (with 70-80% of the riding done on highways). Has comprehensive insurance, 3 months valid PUC and had put a new battery about a month back. Always parked under stilt parking in the complex and has no rust. A bit of scratches on the silencer cover, that's it.
30-32k if sold to an independent buyer. Is the insurance valid till Aug'11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
No, I was out of station for a few months last year, so the insurance is valid till Nov-Dec '11 I guess. It has a 20% NCB too
Good that its valid till Nov-Dec'11. Will give you enough time to find an individual buyer rather than selling it to a dealer. You can also expect a few thousands more since the insurance is valid till year end.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 28th June 2011 at 14:04.
Old 28th June 2011, 14:00   #262
BHPian

Quote:
30-32k if sold to an independent buyer. Is the insurance valid till Aug'11?
No, I was out of station for a few months last year, so the insurance is valid till Nov-Dec '11 I guess. It has a 20% NCB too. Forgot to mention, it also has Honda's 5 year extended warranty too.

Last edited by prateekm : 28th June 2011 at 14:01.
prateekm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 18:28   #263
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Guys I need some help urgently. I have a student friend who is looking out for an Activa or Kinetic Honda. Dealers are quoting exorbitant prices, like 38k for 2008 Activa and 15k for 2000 Kinetic Honda.

How much can you pay for a 2000 Kinetic Honda, or rather, what year/condition bike can you expect for a budget of 15k? Also please point me to some online bike sites/traders in BLR if you can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 18:42   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
How much can you pay for a 2000 Kinetic Honda, or rather, what year/condition bike can you expect for a budget of 15k? Also please point me to some online bike sites/traders in BLR if you can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dealers quote exorbitantly for Honda 2 wheelers. Better to buy new rather than going to a dealer for a Honda scoot.

For a 2000 model KiHo, which is maintained very well, you can pay up to 10k.

You can search on Sulekha, Quikr, Craiglist.org for listing of 2 wheelers. Sulekha and quikr might have dealer listing as well but it will be clearly indicated and you can also make out by the amount being quoted for the bike if its a dealer or individual seller.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 28th June 2011 at 18:44.
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 18:46   #265
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Thanks abhinav Are there any decent bike dealers in BLR that you can point me to? I've seen a few of them near JC road, but dont know if I can trust any of them.
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 18:52   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Thanks abhinav Are there any decent bike dealers in BLR that you can point me to? I've seen a few of them near JC road, but dont know if I can trust any of them.
The ones that you find near VV Puram are the most popular ones atleast in South Bangalore. They can source any bike within a few days even if they dont have it in their shop.

I used them only once about 4 years ago when buying the RX135. Even then, I had my trusted mechanic with me who tested the bike and okayed it before I put the monies down. I would never trust a 2 wheeler dealer without taking along a good mech to certify the bike.

You have some shops near Tilaknagar area as well but I have never had any first hand experience with them. They in turn rely on VV Puram dealers to source bikes which they dont possess.

You can give them a try but they will again quote hideous prices for a very old KiHo/Dio/Activa etc. If there is a mech whom you trust then he can accompany you and provide the correct quote for the bike you select from these dealers.

Best bet would be a quick online search in the websites mentioned in the previous post and you are sure to land up with a bike in your budget sooner than later.
Old 10th July 2011, 01:28   #267
BHPian

Guys! I have a 2006 make Honda Unicorn, done appx 12000 km only. Delhi registration. how much can I get for it? Has new tyres and condition is good.
markiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 04:29   #268
Senior - BHPian

^^^
I don't know about Delhi market dude.
In Chennai 3 months back my friend sold his 2006 Unicorn, single owner, Black color, with 33k on odo, valid insurance, for 28k.

In mumbai (Navi Mumbai) my friend got a 2007 November Unicorn, single owner, black color, with 26k on odo, no insurance for 35k.
Mr.Boss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 12:24   #269
BHPian

I plan to sell my Pulsar 150. The details are as follows:
1. 7th Dec 2007 Delhi registered
2. I am the second owner
3. Bike has done 18k kms.
4. New Battery
5. Comprehensive insurance till 2012.
6. Serviced at *** or Castrol bike zone
7. Has a few scratches on its silencer but no dents or dings.

What can I expect?
akshaymahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 18:17   #270
BHPian

Default used CBR250

Wanted to ask the pundits here
Is it worth pickin up a used CBR-250R for 1.6L OTR.
It has completed its 1st service and not more than 4months old.
It has less than 1000kms on its odometer.

Lemme know whatcha guys think on this price

Not sure what is the OTR of a brand new one and also the wait time for a CBR?
shrini78 is offline   Reply With Quote