Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 6th November 2013, 12:59   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

What would be a fair price for a 2002 HH Splendour, single-owner, run around 70000kms, no insurance ? Bike has been lying idle for couple months and at first look needs some basic work like front/rear lights not working, idling adjustment (and maybe a basic service), odo/speedo not working, brake/clutch adjustment etc.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 15:14   #497
BHPian

Hello,
what should I quote for a 2005 oct, pulsar 150 electric start, black, done 60000kms, single hand, proper services all done at bajaj service centre, 3 month old amaron battery, tyres fairly new, only used for commuting to office and home a total of 11kms per working day.

Service advisor asked to get the piston rings changed for some 6000 odd rupees, since white smoke was being emmitted while throttling the engine hard.( I need some advice on this part)

Otherwise the bike is in good condition no major accidents only small dents and peels here and there. all electricals in working condition, except speedo. Can post photos if any body is interested.
Thank you

Last edited by somu_john : 21st November 2013 at 15:29.
somu_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:12   #498
BHPian

Guys - what is a good price for the following in bangalore.

2011 honda cbr with 20k Kms
2012 yamaha r15 limited edition with 7k Kms
arepalli99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 14:20   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
What would be a fair price for a 2002 HH Splendour, single-owner, run around 70000kms, no insurance ? Bike has been lying idle for couple months and at first look needs some basic work like front/rear lights not working, idling adjustment (and maybe a basic service), odo/speedo not working, brake/clutch adjustment etc.
IMHO not more than 9k .
-The bike is 11 years old.
-High mileage;Has the engine been re bored anytime before?
-Insurance pending
-Plus you will have to get those minor repairs.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 14:28   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Around 9 to 10k as already posted by another member. But are you sure you want to buy this and get the works done? Better to let this slide and look for a better example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somu_john View Post
what should I quote for a 2005 oct, pulsar 150 electric start, black, done 60000kms, single hand, proper services all done at bajaj service centre, 3 month old amaron battery, tyres fairly new, only used for commuting to office and home a total of 11kms per working day.
Market price is around 15-18k. Based on the severity of the speedo issue (is it just a part replacement or entire console needs replacement) you might expect a few thousands plus or minus.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 14:41   #501
BHPian

I have come across a Harley Davidson Superlow 883 2012 model black color done 3000 kms only ,Single owner with NO accessories,its perfectly stock condition.
Its Karnataka registered and Indian Invoice bike.All papers are intact.
Whats the best price i can offer to the seller ?
msvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 15:05   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks abhinav.s & girimajiananth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth
-High mileage;Has the engine been re bored anytime before?
He had got some work done at HH A.S.S. a year or two ago which cost 8K - not sure of it was a rebore. Many Splendour owners in Chennai have been suggested this job by the A.S.S. and have got this done, but IMO it is a con-job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s
Around 9 to 10k as already posted by another member. But are you sure you want to buy this and get the works done? Better to let this slide and look for a better example.
The seller decided to ship this to his home-town for his brother to use. So, not buying this. I needed a bike that I could leave for 2-3 days at train-station parking-lots and given the pathetic condition of these lots, I did not want to buy a new bike - thought an old one should be good enough.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:36   #503
BHPian

Market price is around 15-18k. Based on the severity of the speedo issue (is it just a part replacement or entire console needs replacement) you might expect a few thousands plus or minus.[/quote]

Thank you Abhinav, could you also advice me on the piston ring issue. During my last service the service adviser said the rings have worn out since white smoke was emitting when trottling hard, however during idling and normal running the smoke is not visible. He quoted around Rs.6000 and told me that some whole assembly would be changed.
in your opinion should I get this done. If I get this done would the value of my bike decrease considerably, if I want to sell it off in a few months time.
somu_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 16:46   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
I have come across a Harley Davidson Superlow 883 2012 model black color done 3000 kms only ,Single owner with NO accessories,its perfectly stock condition.
Its Karnataka registered and Indian Invoice bike.All papers are intact.
Whats the best price i can offer to the seller ?
3 lakhs is what I suggest. Come February you should be able to buy the Street 500 for 3.5

The thing about the superlow is that it is a starter bike, once you buy it, you outgrow it pretty pick and move up the Harley ladder, so there are lot of superlows for sale
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 15:47   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In your opinion should I get this done. If I get this done would the value of my bike decrease considerably, if I want to sell it off in a few months time.
If i were in your place, i would sell off the bike in as is condition as it would not increase the value of the bike in anyway. And if its identified that there has been engine work done, the value might decrease by a few thousand rupees.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 18:10   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He quoted around Rs.6000 and told me that some whole assembly would be changed. in your opinion should I get this done. If I get this done would the value of my bike decrease considerably, if I want to sell it off in a few months time.
Hello Somu_john,

See you bike is already 8 years old & repairs of approx Rs. 6,000 will not increase its re-sale even value by Rs. 5,000. I will definitely advise to dispose off the bike as it is currently. It is an endless game to get the 8 / 9 years old bike in perfect condition.

I will suggest to mention the as-is condition of the bike to prospective buyer & let him decide on the exact price he has to offer.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 10:33   #507
BHPian

Default The "Used Bike Price Thread"

Folks, Need your advice on how much can I expect for a RE Classic Chrome 500 - Oct 2011 - Registered in Bangalore. Done 5500 kms. Run in perfectly. Looks as good as it was in the showroom.

Going out of country for a couple of years. So undecided whether it is good to sell or hold it. Any advice is welcome.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 26th November 2013 at 10:34.
nareshtrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 10:40   #508
BHPian

I happen to have a test ride and a clean inspection of the vehicle last weekend,it seems that it has front controls and feels more of a cruiser than city ride.The negative part is the seller does not have original mid controls with him ,the bike will be sold as is.The HD superlow Seller is hell bent on 5.4Lakhs INR.Team Bhpians and Harley owners Please advice....
msvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 11:27   #509
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
I happen to have a test ride and a clean inspection of the vehicle last weekend,it seems that it has front controls and feels more of a cruiser than city ride.The negative part is the seller does not have original mid controls with him ,the bike will be sold as is.The HD superlow Seller is hell bent on 5.4Lakhs INR.Team Bhpians and Harley owners Please advice....
Its presently nearly 7 lacs on road and what he is asking is a very genuine price. Anything less than 5 lacs will not be possible as far as I know the Harley resale market. I lost a a very good 5 lac Harley due to bargaining. Had to settle for a new one.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 10:00   #510

Hey Guys iam planning on Selling my RX 135, 5 speed bike, this is converted into a tourer and has done a few trips, this is equiped with a 100 watt magnet, 16 ltrs Fuel Tank, Bigger Battery to power a additional DC light, Strenghtened Box Swing Arm, Twin Tubes in both the wheels, Front and Rear Disk brakes and quite a bit of other upgradations.

A few parts along with the bike would be offered, like a OE 10 ltrs tank, two done up cylinders (ported), two Performance Expansion Chambers.

Engine is in excellent condition and has done less than 10 kms after its redone, Running IN has to be done by the buyer.

what should i quote for this ???
Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote