Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 11th January 2015, 01:18   #586

Default Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshel View Post
Hi guys

I am planning to sell my Pulsar 200 DTSI 2007 model. Done 49k on the odo. Rear tyre changed recently.

Would appreciate if someone could tell me how much I can expect for it.

Thanks,
Moshel
Hi moshel! Did you sell your bike? What price did it go for?
stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 21:09   #587
BHPian

How much a 2007 pulsar 150 cc use will sell for? Only 26k run. But engine needs to be redone.
Honda Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 23:18   #588

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy View Post
Hi moshel! Did you sell your bike? What price did it go for?

Thanks for asking! It's still lying with me but the deal is almost done for 18k. Just waiting for the "shubh muhurat" days to start from the 15th.
moshel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2015, 15:44   #589
Senior - BHPian

Now that the Suzuki GS 150R is discontinued, how much can we pay for a used bike in good condition?
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2015, 21:07   #590
BHPian

How much would a used Pulsar 200 NS set me back ? Looking for a 2012 2013 model in good condition
alter.e.go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2015, 09:33   #591
BHPian

Any idea how much a scooty streak of mid 2012 model of 8500 kms can cost me in Bangalore? Condition is decent.
adhiraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 09:03   #592
BANNED

What would be a fair price for 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650 done about 14000 Kms. The bike is in immaculate condition and the tyres are replaced a month ago. Insurance is valid
til Dec 2015.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:13   #593
Senior - BHPian

A colleague of mine is looking to buy an used motorcycle in Madras to commute between office & home for a distance not more than 20 Km for a round trip. No faired bikes; any Jap bike is most preferred. Please quote my post if you come across any, meanwhile, we'll search the bike for sale columns here there & everywhere
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 14:38   #594
BHPian

Default Re: Got gifted a Yamaha RD350 - Restoration in progress

Pramod, hijacking your thread for a RD350 querry.
I have come across a 84' RD350 for sale. I test rode it yesterday. Following is the condition of the bike.
1. Owner says its HT. I checked the left side crank case cover. It says made in India. as per information available on net this indicates LT. What is the best way to confirm any RD whether its HT or LT?
2. Engine was smooth. Very heavy clutch lever. 1st gear was difficult to engage. Probably clutch issue
3. It was modded to to have 2 is to 1 exhaust with expansion chamber
4. Converted to CDI
5. Fuel pump was missing. Holes in crank case were exposed. Running on premix
6. Wiring was not neat, needs full paint job

Owner is quoting 2 lakhs. I don't think its worth 2 lakhs. In above condition what should be best price for this. I don't mind paying 10k more if its confirmed HT. Any suggestions?

Last edited by the VTEC guy : 10th March 2015 at 14:52.
the VTEC guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 18:54   #595
BHPian

Hey VTECH
I don't understand why someone needs a 2 into 1 modded exhaust. It never works properly and looks ridiculous. You can always change that to the original pipes like it should be.
Now on your question if there is a way to figure an HT or a LT. If i am not wrong the only way to do so was through the original barrels which in the HT were flat at the end and tapered on the LT models. Plus the ports, but you won't get to those unless you buy the bike i guess.
I had the fuel pump removed on my RD. That thing was jinxed on my bike, constantly would fail. Just had to use pre mix.
Well wiring, CDI etc, are all peripherals and its honestly just the tip of the ice berg as far as an RD is concerned. All mind you can be fixed and done properly depending on the monies that you left with and the patience before you get a heart attack waiting to have it working like a dream.
2lacs for an RD is just ridiculous in the condition it is.
Odeen12 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2015, 06:58   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply, I was going through the RDD forum and I saw a discussion about usage of some sort of glue, my guess was similar, I too thought the key slots in perfectly but since I lost 4-5 keys(they all had a bit of play) I was confused if some glue is needed.
Pramod
The glue is just to make sure the key doesnt slip outta the slot on the crank while putting in the drum. Because its a magnet, it can get tricky putting it in without dislodging the key. There is key from another 2 wheeler thats an almost perfect fit. Ive used it in the past on a bike and its still holding. You'll find info on rdd.

VTECG, Answers in bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Pramod, hijacking your thread for a RD350 querry.
I have come across a 84' RD350 for sale. I test rode it yesterday. Following is the condition of the bike.
1. Owner says its HT. I checked the left side crank case cover. It says made in India. as per information available on net this indicates LT. What is the best way to confirm any RD whether its HT or LT? - The left crankcase cover means nothing. Look under the bottom fin of the cylinder and you'll see either 347cc or rajdoot 347 on it. If its rajdoot, then its a LT. If its just 347cc, it could be either a pure HT or a HT with a 2mm(?) lip on the port to get it to LT spec. The company had excess HT barrels when they shifted to LT. So they just came up with this jugaad. Hope its not a local LT-HT combo.

2. Engine was smooth. Very heavy clutch lever. 1st gear was difficult to engage. Probably clutch issue- This could be a minor issue like an incorrect grade of oil or clutch setting. From my experience, its probably warped steel clutch plates. It causes clutch drag and shifting from standstill can be a pain. RD clutch is heavy and using longer levers eases the pain substantially.

3. It was modded to to have 2 is to 1 exhaust with expansion chamber- These sound awesome but really messes up performance. Suggest getting OE pipes or even decent chambers to temperarily tide over this. Just remember to jet it right. A guy called Rajdip Fadikar(spell check) makes good replicas of exhausts, fenders and a whole lotta stuff. However, the pipes take a while before them start sounding nice.
4. Converted to CDI- See if you can get the original points kit and coils from the owner. However, i would suggest running the cdi for now. Most of the points you get in the market are fake and expensive. Not worth the headache.

5. Fuel pump was missing. Holes in crank case were exposed. Running on premix- Run it on premix. let the big gaps remain. Just remember to block the defuncked pipes that carry oil to the carbs or it'll leak air into the carbs and you'll have a horrible time tuning it.

6. Wiring was not neat, needs full paint job- Go ahead.

Owner is quoting 2 lakhs. I don't think its worth 2 lakhs. In above condition what should be best price for this. I don't mind paying 10k more if its confirmed HT. Any suggestions?- Depends on a lotta factors. Condition, location, documents, old/new registration number. I frankly feel 2L is too high a price to pay but its finally your call.
Any dont fall prey to the 'original parts sir' dialogue. You are better off with modern day parts than 30yr old so called original ones.
james is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2015, 00:17   #597
SMK
BHPian

I have a purple color 2012 model Honda Dio which i need to sell, its been used by my wife for her office commute and is in very good condition. Its run about 25k kms. How much can i expect?
SMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2015, 20:12   #598
BHPian

My friend wants to sell his 2013 Harley Davidson 883 xl super low, done only 1800 kms. He has fitted about 2 lakh worth of accessories. Screaming eagle silencer, crash guard, foot rest, controls into forward. A new bike would cost about 7.2 Lakh. What should be his asking price? Thanks in advance
Rameshdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2015, 11:34   #599
BHPian

Red Avenger 220 - May 2011 Make. 15000kms. New Amaron Battery with 4 years of warranty fitted last month. Insurance renewed last month. Extremely well maintained. No scratches. What should be the asking price?
Engine_Roars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 14:21   #600
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I am planning to sell my bike,

Make: Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi (Alloy Wheels/Electric Start)
Color: Maroon
ODO: ~85000 kms
Purchase Date: November 2005
Bike Condition: Well maintained bike, 1st owner with running comprehensive insurance and new rear wheel tyre

How much should I expect?
sbalagru6 is offline   Reply With Quote