Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 22nd March 2010, 19:28   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
The market value for your bike will be around 9k to 10k I think. If you offer this in exchange , the showroom guys will always quote very less. So it is better to check outside if you want a good price for it.
I think 9-10k is being too optimistic. We had a 2000 model Kinetic Honda which was in good running condition. When we had to sell it about 2 years ago, we had to struggle to find takers for 8-9k. Since this is a 1996 model, the asking price will be lesser.

If there is not a lot of expenditure on the vehicle, its best to retain it and use it as a spare vehicle as you cannot justify selling it off for peanuts.

Around 7-7.5k is a good price if you have decided to part with it.
abhinav.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 08:50   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
I think 9-10k is being too optimistic. We had a 2000 model Kinetic Honda which was in good running condition. When we had to sell it about 2 years ago, we had to struggle to find takers for 8-9k. Since this is a 1996 model, the asking price will be lesser.

If there is not a lot of expenditure on the vehicle, its best to retain it and use it as a spare vehicle as you cannot justify selling it off for peanuts.

Around 7-7.5k is a good price if you have decided to part with it.

My friend parted with his KH 2001 model for a mere 6k 2 months back,
Also the pricing totally depends on the condition .One more thing to keep in mind is that the spares are difficult to get now a days for KH(Source :- Supervisor of KH Service Station),Let me know if ur vehicle is still for sale as my friend is looking for one.

RT13:-
Great going man a very good write up which will help Fellow BHpians to drill down for pricing the JAWA/RoadKing bikes.

thanks
MSVG

Guys i am planning to part with my 2003 PULSAR Classic KS 150 cc for which i have recently added A new set of MRF tyres ,New battery and new Gas filled Shock absorbers. The bike was serviced very recently and run only 50 kms after service.
Let me know if ur interested to have a look at the bike ,for appointments plz PM me

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th March 2010 at 15:33.
msvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 15:02   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Guys i am planning to part with my 2003 PULSAR Classic KS 150 cc for which i have recently added A new set of MRF tyres ,New battery and new Gas filled Shock absorbers. The bike was serviced very recently and run only 50 kms after service.
Let me know if ur interested to have a look at the bike ,for appointments plz PM me
Hi msvg, whats the price you are expecting please. If you let me know the price, i have a friend looking for a bike in good running condition. I will PM you once i get to know the price.

Cheers!
Old 26th March 2010, 17:17   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
What is the condition? 7k in 4 years? How many services has it been through?
Sorry, I could not reply earlier. Inconsistent riding habits, the bike used to lie for 6 months and then this fellow would ride it around for 2 months. Servicing similarly erratic. He was offering it originally for Rs. 35k, then pushed the price up to Rs. 45k. For a bike which would have been bought for 70k odd, this was too high. So I rejected the offer. God knows why the second hand vehicle prices are so high now a days when you are buying; and not at all when you are selling.
manolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 13:49   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
What do you guys think I can expect as exchange price for my '95 HH CD100 ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s
You can expect 7-8k max. If you can haggle around a bit, then probably close to 9 or 10k.
Well, I was in for a rude shock. Was at the local HH showroom last Sunday getting a quote for the Splendour+. Asked them what they will give me for my bike and the guy says 4K.

And this is without even looking at the bike. He says no need to look at the bike - for a '95 CD100 it is 4K. On my insistence, he comes out, looks at the bike, starts it, listens to the engine. But yeah, the price is still 4K.

I am now confused. I plan to check out 100cc options at Honda/Suzuki if I can get a better price for my bike. Else, considering putting in 10-15K on a complete revamp of my old bike and using it for another 5 years atleast.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 14:10   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
....I am now confused. I plan to check out 100cc options at Honda/Suzuki if I can get a better price for my bike. Else, considering putting in 10-15K on a complete revamp of my old bike and using it for another 5 years atleast.
This would be the best option IMHO. A friend of mine got his CD 100 done up. He spent 10k in Bangalore. its back to very good shape mechanically. He will get the cosmetics done up later. So if are thinking of options in the 100cc itself, its better you do up your ride.

4k is too less for the bike if its in good condition. If you have a trusted mechanic who is maintaining your bike, then he will be able to get you a decent 7-8k for your bike. Showroom dealers will always quote 50% lesser value for the bike.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:56   #112
BHPian

Hello bikers, what do you say about the bike for sale below, it seems to be a TOO GOOD deal, hope the owner is not seeing my post..

Team-BHP Classifieds - pulsar 180 just for 19999 (price reduced) - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
DesertKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 12:23   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Something seems wrong with the bike, he says its a 2004 Bike but the sticker doesnt read DTSi. The silencer also looks that of a classic 180. The DTSi came in October/November 2003 so no way he would have bought a 180 is 2004. Also till early 2004 the 180 had toe only shifter.

So something is not clear.

In any case the price is not too low, it just right for a DTSi & high for a classic.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 13:04   #114
BHPian

Hello bikers, I need your help.

One of my friend has a Thunderbird kick start with 40K on the odometer, the make should be 2003. I have kept that bike earlier for 1 month and did 1000 KM on that and it seems to be in good shape apart from that the engine is bit noisy (I think the earlier Thunderbird engine have this problem). Now I have convinced him to part with it as he is hardly using it. He has told me to find out the market rate and he said he will not be bothered if i will pay him 2-4 thousand less than the market rate. Note that the bike in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Pls advice me, how much should I pay him.

I have attached a few photos of that bike.

PS :: Technocrat, thanks for your advice.
Attached Thumbnails
The "Used Bike Price Thread"-dscn0185.jpg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-dscn0217.jpg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-dscn0225.jpg  

Last edited by DesertKing : 8th April 2010 at 13:09.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:57   #115
BHPian

Red HH Karizma '03
21520km
Brand new Michelin M45 3.0 and Pirelli SD 120/80
Runs very well, maintained properly.
A few dings and scratches on the body. NO RATTLE!
Single owner, insured, new battery.
Sparingly used, very reliable.
HID kit installed.

How much should I expect?
BuBooMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 19:10   #116
BHPian

Black RE Electra 5s
July 2007
4000 km, Barely Used
No Electric Start and Disc Brake
Took a test ride and the bike felt okay.

Guys, how much do you think I should part with?
Philistine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 11:36   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBooMan View Post
Red HH Karizma '03
21520km
Brand new Michelin M45 3.0 and Pirelli SD 120/80
Runs very well, maintained properly.
A few dings and scratches on the body. NO RATTLE!
Single owner, insured, new battery.
Sparingly used, very reliable.
HID kit installed.

How much should I expect?
You can expect 30K !
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 10:52   #118
BHPian

Can somebody pls reply me on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Hello bikers, I need your help.

One of my friend has a Thunderbird kick start with 40K on the odometer, the make should be 2003. I have kept that bike earlier for 1 month and did 1000 KM on that and it seems to be in good shape apart from that the engine is bit noisy (I think the earlier Thunderbird engine have this problem). Now I have convinced him to part with it as he is hardly using it. He has told me to find out the market rate and he said he will not be bothered if i will pay him 2-4 thousand less than the market rate. Note that the bike in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Pls advice me, how much should I pay him.

I have attached a few photos of that bike.

PS :: Technocrat, thanks for your advice.
Old 12th April 2010, 10:56   #119

Default 2002 Honda Activa price

Hi Bikers,
need help on the price for the 2005 Model Honda active. It has clocked 33000 Km , single owner and reasonably food condition. The bike is in Chennai.
r_subbiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 22:02   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_subbiah View Post
Hi Bikers,
need help on the price for the 2005 Model Honda active. It has clocked 33000 Km , single owner and reasonably food condition. The bike is in Chennai.
I think if its in Excellent condition then u can give around 23k INR
msvg is offline   Reply With Quote