Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th October 2009, 19:10   #1
BHPian

Smile Bikes : A Tuners / Modders database

Hello fellas,

have been looking(lurking) around on all relevant (and other) threads, trying to get to pinpoint on a good tuner for my 2strokes (RX & Kine), but cudnt find one!

Even tried the "Tuners" section from the drop down menu, but found that its only about the 4 wheeled breed.

so as a common reference for all future needs, it would be helpfull if all gurus post their fav tuners (name, address, contact no.)

pushing it further, one may also mention their speciality (porting, jetting, boring etc, or bike model wise) and indicative prices.

Thanks in advance!
khaleelda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 22:31   #2
BHPian

I may be wrong but isn't "tuning", unless done for the racetrack, illegal? Kinda like how the Daytona kits for the R15 and FZ16 are not street-legal. If it is, it may not be a good idea to post contact information on the forum. PMs are the way to go methinks. Gurus?
Bluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 00:43   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleelda1 View Post
Hello fellas,

have been looking(lurking) around on all relevant (and other) threads, trying to get to pinpoint on a good tuner for my 2strokes (RX & Kine), but cudnt find one!

Even tried the "Tuners" section from the drop down menu, but found that its only about the 4 wheeled breed.

so as a common reference for all future needs, it would be helpfull if all gurus post their fav tuners (name, address, contact no.)

pushing it further, one may also mention their speciality (porting, jetting, boring etc, or bike model wise) and indicative prices.

Thanks in advance!
Hi I know one person at Vashi, his name is Jojo. An excellent craftsman, tuner and has handsfull experience in RD350, RX, and Enfields. If you are interested to visit his workshop PM me.
gaddiwale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 09:50   #4
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
I may be wrong but isn't "tuning", unless done for the racetrack, illegal? Kinda like how the Daytona kits for the R15 and FZ16 are not street-legal. If it is, it may not be a good idea to post contact information on the forum. PMs are the way to go methinks. Gurus?
Tuning is not illegal, it is only the Carb setting being adjusted. This even your Authorised Service Centres do when you give your bike for servicing. It is TOTALLY LEGAL, yes the performance kits that you are talking of are illegal & meant only for Track use.

CHEERS,
G D
P180V1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 15:23   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
Tuning is not illegal, it is only the Carb setting being adjusted. This even your Authorised Service Centres do when you give your bike for servicing. It is TOTALLY LEGAL, yes the performance kits that you are talking of are illegal & meant only for Track use.

CHEERS,
G D
I was not talking about the carb setting. The OP was talking about porting etc. That is what I was talking about.
Bluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 21:26   #6
BHPian

Default My 2 cents!

Well from my knowledge, i think any mods that invalidate the insurance cover are classified as illegal, that is because bike without insurance cannot be ridden.

The bikes also have to comply with a lot of emmission norms and keep the sound level in check, that is the reason even the slightest muffler setting attracts the pandus atention.....

All said tuning the engine to get it to run at its max efficiency cannot prima faciely be termed as illegal.

Moreso, this thread was intended to be simply a database for tuners/modders, which has taken a wrong turn towards the legality of tuning!

(looking forward for a nice database that the bhp mods can put up next to the list of 4w tuners)
khaleelda1 is offline   Reply With Quote